1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week -1.2
    Left to go - 20.8
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 9.2 lbs

Managed to slow down the binge somewhat last week and hope that a good result on the scale will keep me motivated for this week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

go luna!  go luna!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Birthday week indulgence led to some backsliding, I was up 3-5 pounds.  Bleh.  Working that back off now. 

Of note:  If you can't remember your locker combination, you've been away from the gym too darn long!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

@Wizen - BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

LOVE IT!!

And yay Luna Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Weighed myself at the gym and lost 1.25 lbs (having gained 1.5 last week, I'm still up .25 lbs though, but still down more than I was when I started).  So that's something!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DancesWithWolves. Show DancesWithWolves's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    go luna!  go luna!
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

so i was thinking about getting in this as well, but when i got on my scale to determine my starting weight, it said one at a time please..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

I can't believe I got the dancing banana! Thanks!!!!

This is a very interesting article about weight loss. Enjoy!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Hey guys, guess who's checking back in after their hiatus!

Current Weight: 158
    Goal Weight: 135
    Lost since March 2011: -10
    Lost this week: +.5

Yes. Treadmill of shame for me. But, it's not a bad casualty after a week of THREE weddings with open bar and gluttonous food, laying around, a conference out of town for work, a three week hiatus from the gym, getting sick TWICE... you get the picture. I expected a much worse situation. But, during all that time, I've tried to be very conciencious of my food intake, and to incorporate exercise at moments that allow it.

And, last night, I ran TWO MILES on the treadmill. Ok, I walked several times for 30second to 2 minute breaks, I haven't run since april. But I RAN goddamnit, and it felt good! I think I'm on the right side of this injury to start putting it behind me. I don't mind the treadmill of shame, it feels good to be back on any treadmill at all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

A day late and a dollar short.  So glad this week is over...

Same info for me this week.  Nothing ventured, nothing lost either!!

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 9/15/2011
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: -7
    Left to go: 13
    Total lost since August 2010: 22

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Yeah, I'm having another bad week.  totally due to what's going in the cakehole.

HOWEVER

My daughter said to me last night "Mom, I was watching you from the car when you were talking to our neighbor and I said to (her brother) 'Wow, mom got really skinny' "  To which I laughed and she said..."No, I mean, compared to before" :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:

Goal: -50
    Start Date: 6/30/11
    Goal Date:  Was November 2011, now pushing for '50 by 50' (January)
    Loss this week: -1.2
    Loss to date: -12.6

Feeling pretty good!  The knee is coming back (albeit slowly) and I'm back on the stationary bike for 40 minutes at a stretch (thank GOD for books on Ipod). I'm also starting to actually SEE results.

Thank you all the LL Lovies - you have been good to me & for me!

And NatGin - WAY TO GO! Back running again - maybe not a dancing bannana but a dancing peach?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loud-Mouthed-Broad. Show Loud-Mouthed-Broad's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    Hey guys, guess who's checking back in after their hiatus! Current Weight: 158 Goal Weight: 135 Lost since March 2011: -10 Lost this week: +.5 ___________ Yes. Treadmill of shame for me. But, it's not a bad casualty after a week of THREE weddings with open bar and gluttonous food, laying around, a conference out of town for work, a three week hiatus from the gym, getting sick TWICE... you get the picture. I expected a much worse situation. But, during all that time, I've tried to be very conciencious of my food intake, and to incorporate exercise at moments that allow it. And, last night, I ran TWO MILES on the treadmill. Ok, I walked several times for 30second to 2 minute breaks, I haven't run since april. But I RAN goddamnit, and it felt good! I think I'm on the right side of this injury to start putting it behind me. I don't mind the treadmill of shame, it feels good to be back on any treadmill at all!
    Posted by naturalginger

As someone who loves running most of all I can relate big time.

I'm so psyched for you!

I'm waiting until Sunday to officially report results.  I can exercise and follow my diet perfectly, but if my stress level kicks into high gear, my motabolism crashes.  On Tuesday I was down a pound (and I did dance of joy).  Today I'm back where I was last week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

I see a lot of discussion here about exercise but not a lot (or anything) about the amount of calories we're eating each day.

How closely do you all track your daily calories? If you're tracking them closely do you notice a big impact on your weight from either going very low or if you have a day/week where you cheat?

I'm an "average" height woman trying to lose 20 lbs(can you tell I don't want to post my actual weight :) and I try to stick to 1700 - 1800 calories a day. 

I'm not always successful and when I go over I do see it on the scale. I have had a few days where I was so busy that I skipped meals and probably only ate 1,000 calories a day but I did not see a subsequent bigger weight loss.

Of course I'm only a few weeks into my program so I guess it's too early to draw any conclusions.

Anyone else have anything to add regarding daily calories? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Calico-
    I've given up on the calorie counting (to a point) - I inevitably get frustrated or forget or miscalculate.

I've been doing the Weight Watchers and have been finding it pretty easy (and at least it's better than the old days when you were 'required' to eat liver). On-line tools help but even without it, as long as you eat tons of fruit/veggies (0 points), you do alright. One thing I do like is that as your weight changes, the on-line calculates how many 'points' you need in a day.

Anyway, works for me

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Here is my week 4 update:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/27/2011
    Goal date: 10 by Thanksgiving - then just hang on through the holidays
    Pounds lost this week: 1.0
    Total lost: 3.6
    Left to go: 16.4
    Total lost since August 2011: 3.6

I was unable to do any cardio until the end of the week due to an injury so I'm thrilled with the 1lb loss. Not being able to do any exercise made me more determined to stick to my calorie limit so overall I don't think the injury was a setback at all.

Good Luck to every one else this week!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I didn't update today...this is the first time I've been on my own computer all weekend...will try to update before work tomorrow...if not, will do tomorrow night

Sorry, losers!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

***UPDATE TIME***

Well, we have some really good losers this week.  And some gainers.  Like yours truly :(

This week's Dancing Banana is a virtual tie, with justcat at -1.25 and JTB at -1.2.  Yay two bananas!!!  Woop Woop!!

This week's Banana o' Determination goes to NatGing, who was able to get back to running after months and months of rehab on her busted up ankle!  We are so proud of you and very happy for you!  We won't discuss this week's +.5.  Temporary blip. :)

Whee! 

Other fantastical losers this week include luna-llena with -1.2, Calico with -1, and cari with -.6.  Hooray!

Wickey and LMB held steady this week.  Which is better than...

THE TREADMILL OF SHAME.

Wizen is +3 or so since her last official check-in.  I feel her pain.  Because I gained AGAIN this week.  +2 for Jneen.  For those keeping score, I am UP 5 lbs since starting this thread.  During what is usually my "thinnest" time of year.  I may have to break up with my boyfriend.  He is not good for my butt. ;)

That's everyone for this week!

Go get 'em!

My official numbers:
    Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost this week: +2
    Total lost: 11
    Left to go: 39
    Total lost since August 2007: 61

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

WOW!!! Thanks for the dancing Bannana - I'm gonna dance it around the living room (wonder how many points that is?)

JNeen - the BF may be bad for your butt, but is he good for the heart?Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

That's it!

My heart is so swelled with happy, it has gained 5 lbs!

You're so wicked smaht, JTB :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Goal: -10 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/29/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week: -1.3
    Total lost: 0.5
    Left to go: -9.5
    Total lost since 8/29/2011: 0.5

Depressing, but it's not nothing and it's not a gain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

*sigh*  I've been absent here because, despite my increased physical activity the scale has flatlined on me!

The good news is that exercise is making me feel so much better that I've become more motivated to keep it up.  And yoga is back on the rotation and I'm loving it again.

I did register on myfitnesspal - it reminds me how shockingly quickly those jellybeans add up!  Tracking daily intake does seem to be helpful at this point though I can't imagine being disciplined enough to keep it up for the long term. 

Anyhow - congrats to all you losers! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week +.4
    Left to go - 21.2
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 8.8 lbs

Ugh, here I go again.  Thanks for the encouragement last week, Jneen and JTB, I do appreciate it.  This week flogging would be more appropriate.Embarassed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Luna - I'll tell you what JNeen told me one week - .4??? Take a p00p girl!!!

Seriously, it will 'move' in the right direction this week. Keep the faith Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loud-Mouthed-Broad. Show Loud-Mouthed-Broad's posts

The scale was down this morning.  I'm thinking optimistic - it WILL stick

Goal: -40 from starting date
    Starting date: when we started this thread
    Goal date: 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week: -1.0
    Total lost: 6
    Left to go: 34

A little learning this week.  If you religiously follow a High Protein, Low Sugar Low Fat diet and avoid bread, it changes your body chemistry and you physically can't eat badness.  Your liver shrinks and if you assault it with high fat foods it protests VERY LOUDLY.

*Update.  Optimism is working for me.  The scale is behaving.  That extra scoop of protein in my breakfast smoothie gave me a boost all day long AND I managed to drop my food intake without being hungry.  

Does a little Hippie dance

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

OK, LMB. Last week was "think about portion size" week. This week can be high protein week. I'm sure my liver will thank me. 

Sections
Shortcuts