The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]If you are bored at the gym, try a Zumba class.  Very fun and it accomodates all fitness levels.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

CHC:  I tried a zumba class last year.  Went with a friend of mine who had dance lessons her whole life and at one point had tried out for the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.  I, knowing how I totally lack any type of rythym, stood in the back and ended up laughing so hard during the class I thought I'd pee my pants.  Don't know how many calories I burned, but it was fun (but I don't think for the right reasons!)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

If the pool isn't too crowded, it can be nice meditation time.  The water blocks out extraneous noise and you can feel completely alone and in the moment.  I get a lot of good thinking done when I swim.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 40lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week - .6
    Left to go - 30.6
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 9.4 lbs

This is one more way to keep me on track . . . food-pushing friends aren't much help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

this is a great thread... would love to participate but seeingthat i havent been on a scale since my late 20's... dont really know my actual weight..
    i go by sizes... was a 6, then went to a 12 in my late 30's now im back to an 8.
    if i can play along i'll try to honestly stuff my tush back into a 6 again, clothing wise..
    oh and swimming is a wonderful exercise. non strenuous, but good for all-over body workout..
    also another good one,go rowing, or use a rowing machine... great on upper body, core, abs, and quads...
    i play squash 4x a wk so i get my workout there. but also do weights and eliptical.

another is portion control. key.

good luck everyone. cant wait to see great results from everyone. me? dont count on it. hahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

I drink lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of water.

And I've started riding a bike everywhere.  YES, I KNOW!

I expect good things.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

UNICORNS CANNOT RIDE BIKES!!!!
    Posted by DrunkWithLove

Don't you dare spoil my dream, missy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

You guys are pretty awesome!  I'm very interested to find out where all your butts went, as well.  Let me know on that one. I'm not dedicated enough to keep track of these things, but in a very distant past, I was about 75lbs. heavier than I am now.  Still going, but slowed down after I had to take a hiatus from hockey for the summer.  I'd say I have 25/30 to go.  We'll see how it goes. Keep up the great work everyone!
    Posted by The-Porkchop-Express

My butt is going to Boston next week. If I hang out with you, does that mean it's a pork butt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

Oooohhh can I play? Can I play? Current Weight: 159 Goal Weight: 135 Lost since March 2011: -9 Progess this week: +2 (f'ing america and her birthday celebrations) Last week I got back into the pool as the first workouts since being broken, and it felt great. I've been told running (my favorite!) is off the table until Jan 2012, so it's time to get creative with the low-moderate impact options. The gluten-free diet is actually backfiring because the minute someone told me "no wheat (et al)" it has become this scavenger hunt to find every carb that's celiacs friendly.  I need to step AWAY from the chips, choco-covered glutino pretzles, wine, and potatos. I'm thinking of taking on a 30 day Power or Bikram yoga challenge to recalibrate... mentallty and physically. Anyone done this? Have a favorite studio in the Brighton/Brookline/Allston area?
    Posted by naturalginger

Ging, I have a friend who did a 30 day vegetarian thing to cleanse his system of meat and dairy products that he craved like you do with carbs right now. Do you think that kind of a break could work for you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

When I frist took Zumba 5 years ago and they were doing lower level stuff, the class was filled with ALL kinds of people - skinny, fat, old, young, white, black, latino, asian, women, girls, elderly (honest!) - and two guys.  They were probably around 30ish and were beer belly types.  Best of all - they were in the front row every week!!  Absolutely everyone in that class was just having a blast.  It was the absolute BEST fitness class ever!!  But then they increased the tempo and over the next several months, the class was down to young, skinny women and those of us that could move along and didn't care that were weren't always on tempo...  Anyway, if they could have kept it at the first level, it would have been the best ever just because it was the first exercise that ANYONE could do and have fun...  (Also, the teacher makes a diff and this one was awesome.  She made it fun.  Others seem to be more interested in watching themselves in the mirror.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Thursday is my skinniest day of the week so I'm doing my first weekly update today:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 9/1/2011
    Goal: to wear those new clothes I already bought!!
    Pounds lost this week: -2
    Total lost: -2
    Left to go: 18
    Total lost since August 2010: 17

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

And somehow, I'm imagining Diana Ross and the Supremes singing a song about weight loss - gee, wonder how that happened? :-)

Since I was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes in 1994 at the age of 25, it's been an ongoing struggle to get in shape.  When I was diagnosed, I was at my peak weight of approximately 240 lbs. and was wearing a 42 waist in pants.  I was up and down constantly while with my ex (also a diabetic, much worse than me, and seemingly not too interested in getting healthier).  Summer of '99 was probably my best - down to 170 by then, regularly getting blood sugar readings around 100mg/dL (normal range is 80-120).  Mostly liquid diet - I was dirt-poor after being out of work for months and living on the meager UI payments given by the State of Tennessee - and walking nearly everywhere after losing my car to a title-loan shark (never told my folks, other than that I "sold" it for $800).

These days, I'm hovering between 185-190 (closer to the higher end), on 4 different meds and just told I'm showing a vitamin-D deficiency (I need more sun!).  Been working out at the Salem Y for the last 3 months 3x weekly and being urged toward 4x - LOTS of cardio, especially the ellipticals and the rowing machine.  I think my weight's holding steady, but I feel a lot more fit and solid.  One of my goals is to get my hemoglobin A1C back between 6-7% (it was at 9.2% in May, NOT good), and my blood sugars have been a lot better over the last few weeks.  Mostly just cutting back on carbs and sweets as much as possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

kargiver and some of the others in CC have  a cleansing thing going on - kar is doing it again now.

It would prolly make me weak, but it seems to work for them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely. Show hollygolitely's posts

Wow Red, you really seem to be working hard at combatting all these things.  Good for you for being so self-disciplined.  Scary how so many people and so young are having weight related illnesses or blood sugar issues.  I need to be a lot more diligent than I am.  It needs to be the norm instead of the exception........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE!!!
    Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: November
    Pounds lost this week: -4
    Total lost: -4
    Left to go: 46

Too early to tell but MAYBE MAYBE weight watchers and yoga will be the combo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

UPDATE!!! Goal: -50 from starting date Starting date: 06/30/2011 Goal date: November Pounds lost this week: -4 Total lost: -4 Left to go: 46 Too early to tell but MAYBE MAYBE weight watchers and yoga will be the combo
    Posted by JTB8773

That's a great start.  Congratulations!  Keep up the good work since whatever you are doing is working!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Thursday is my skinniest day of the week so I'm doing my first weekly update today: Goal: -20 from starting date Starting date: 06/30/2011 Goal date: -10 by 9/1/2011 Goal: to wear those new clothes I already bought!! Pounds lost this week: -2 Total lost: -2 Left to go: 18 Total lost since August 2010: 17
    Posted by WickedMcCool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : To add on to Carrie's feedback. All of the gluten free alternatives you are reaching for are high in sugar.  You might have a slight sugar addiction going. I treat gluten like I do alcohol.  OK in moderation, always be aware that this substance hurts your body. Many of the commerically prepared gluten free convenience foods are REALLY high in sugar.  If you can substitute gluten free whole grains (and soba noodles for a quick tasty gluten free pasta option) you will feel a lot better.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick

Oh it's not actually an addiction I've got going to the glutino crap, processed alternatives, high sugar replacements out there ... it's pretty psychological. Someone said "you've got celiacs. no wheat for you. your small intestine is dying" and suddenly all I want is carbs. I haven't been doing much at all in terms of gluten free replacement other than homemade white bread that I know is low in sugar. It's the rice of all types (mostly brown and jasmine), potatos, corn chips, etc. Unfortunately I can't handle the texture of soba noodles, but I got onto a potato/tapioca/rice penne that's been a brilliant replacement and nutritionally is very similar to wheat pasta.

Carioke - I do love the idea of cleanses, and cutting things out entirely for a period of time to recalibrate. I won't do vegetarian or fruit only for more than a couple days, but I have gone pescetarian/whole-grain/no-processed/no carb/no alcohol for 21 days and you really do feel incredible.  Maybe, just maybe, I'll find the motivation to do it again.  Just not while there is drinking to be done on Patios in the great Boston area :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

UPDATE!!! Goal: -50 from starting date Starting date: 06/30/2011 Goal date: November Pounds lost this week: -4 Total lost: -4 Left to go: 46 Too early to tell but MAYBE MAYBE weight watchers and yoga will be the combo
    Posted by JTB8773

I've been doing Weight Watchers too . . . weight loss is slower with the new points system than it used to be, but still steady if I actually follow it.  The key thing is writing everything down.  For me, anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

UPDATE:

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 07/01/2011
    Goal date: 10/01/11
    Pounds lost this week: -4
    Total lost: 4
    Left to go: 26
    Total lost since February 2010: 19

Happy Friday everyone!  Why do the short holiday weeks always seem so long??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : I've been doing Weight Watchers too . . . weight loss is slower with the new points system than it used to be, but still steady if I actually follow it.  The key thing is writing everything down.  For me, anyway.
    Posted by luna-llena[/QUOTE]