The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Hey, mine isn't a pretty number for a girl only 5'2", I just claim i'm very dense ;)

I ran into the same thing last spring when I was training for the 1/2 (before, you know, i broke).  I was at my heaviest ever even though I was running about 20-25 miles a week, and it took breaking my leg to drop 10lbs. I think part of it was justifying a higher carb intake because of the cardio I was getting. I was definitely exercising a ton, and I know my body composition changed in a favorable direction towards more muscle, but still, its disheartening to work that hard and see the scale move UP!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Lily!!!! Come play with us here in the sandbox - it's fun!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Here is my week 14 update: 

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/27/2011
    Goal date: 10 by Thanksgiving - then just hang on through the holidays
    Pounds lost this week: + .6
    Total lost: 7.9
    Left to go: 12.1
    Total lost since August 2011: 7.9

I missed my week 13 weigh in because of travel for Thanksgiving but it was just as well. I'm sure I was heavier than I am now which is +.6 from 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I'm hanging in there and am goimg to try to lose during these holiday weeks but my first week recording a gain is not a good omen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Lily, you can join this thread without publishing your weight. I know I haven't, just my loss/gains.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 4/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week +.2
    Left to go - 23.8
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 6.2 lbs

This is, what, up 4 weeks in a row?  Very discouraging, especially since I started taking a boot camp class 3 weeks ago.  It's way too soon for it to be muscle weight.  Starting to track points again.  Fingers crossed (and mouth closed?!?).  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

CHC -
    Welcome back!  And chopsticks are a dieters best friend - I'm so clumsy with them, I slow down and get fuller faster!!

Good jobLaughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Does anyone have an accurate, small interval scale they recommend? I have one I bought at CVS a few years ago, and 1) I don't like that it counts in 1/2 lbs, I'd rather smaller decimals to watch my fluctuation day to day and 2) I just don't think it's super accurate.

I know some of you folks are measuring in .2's, are these digital scales or the 'real' weighted ones at the gym?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Digital

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Digital - got one in Bed Bath and Beyond pretty reasonable ($20?) And then there's the ever present coupons that they are determined to paper the earth with!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE!
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: +1
    loss to-date: 1.4
    to go: 37.6

BLEH BLEH BLEH

'nuf said.  Must do more gym time (I'm thinking) to offset some of this 'winter weight'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Welcome to to the club Lilly!!

I haven't posted lately (but neither has our wondrous leader - sadz).  I'm hanging within a pound or two of my lowest weight but started again at the gym and on my diet this week.

Weekly update (revised with new goal date):

Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -20 by 1//2012
    Pounds lost this week: -1
    Total lost: -12
    Left to go: 8
    Total lost since August 2010: 24                     

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Neener - please come back!!  We need your comical updates and dancing bananas and treadmill of shames!!! 

The holidays are tough for everyone but we'll make it through it one way or the other. 

CHC - I'd starve if I had only chopsticks!

NattyGin - Same as JTB, I got mine for about $20 at BB&B and it's a digital and pretty accurate.

Happy holidays everyone!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

OH MY GOD I GOT THE FORUMS THREADS TO OPEN!!!

HI!!!!

It has been eleventy billion weeks since my las confession.  I feel shame.  I have been suffering a horrid slide since mid October and I need to cut the crap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

OK, crap...I am out of time and have to get ready for work, but I am all staged and have collected the numbers to do an official update and I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE to hand out bananas to all of the good boys and girls tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Breathe Neener, breathe!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Here is my week 15 update: 

Starting date: 08/27/2011
    Goal date: 10 by Thanksgiving - then just hang on through the holidays
    Pounds lost this week: -.1
    Total lost: 8.0
    Left to go: 12.0
    Total lost since August 2011: 8.0

It's not a gain, that's about all I can say about last week.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

***UPDATE TIME!!***

Hi kids! I have not been able to truly update since the weekend we turned the clocks back.

It ain't been pretty.

To borrow from S9V:  OH LAWD.

Ahem.

Anyhow...let's get back to some semblance of normal lunacy, shall we?

Today's Dancing Banana goes to Mr. Corvin with another -4 gone!  Sweet!

I'm sexy and I know it!

I'm giving the Banana o' Determination to Lily- this week, who not only had a -2.5, but is ramping up her walking marathons to a running schedule, where she will join the lovely sm1231, Icey, and the other successful C25K'ers!

I like to move it move it!

Other fantastic losers this week include Wickey with a -1.  I think that's it.  Did I miss anyone?  Good job, Wicks!

CHC is holding steady this week, but is celebrating 17 gone after a year of being an awesome loser!

Calico and luna-llena are both up fractions of pounds.  We don't count those.  Drink some more water and fiber up, people :)

Our pals JTB and NattyGing are on the Treadmill of Shame, but we're pretty sure this is just a one week thing.  Go get em' kids!

As for me....umm...I have been struggling mightily with my energy level and having fits of depression-like symptoms due to lack of light.  I have gained...wait for it...EIGHT FREAKING POUNDS since the end of October.  Frustration does not even begin to cover it.  Not being able to access this thread regularly is not helping with the mindset.

My official numbers below:

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: +8
    Total lost: 8
    Left to go: 42
    Total lost since August 2007: 58

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Jneen!!!
    Welcome back and boy do I hear you about that lack of light thing - I'm with you on that one kiddo!

And don't forget, the average weight gain between Thanksgiving and New Year's is 10 lbs - so you're actually not doing as badly as you think!

Long distance hugs and cheers to all

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Welcome back Jneen!!!!

If this was easy everyone would be skinny so let's just keep workin it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 4/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week .4
    Left to go - 23.4
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 6.6 lbs

Yay Jneen!  Thanks for the update!  Glad you're back, but also half-glad that you missed my big gain a few weeks ago.  Embarassed  Obviously I know what I'm doing wrong, yet I keep doing it.  Self-sabotage . . . not pretty.

Sections
Shortcuts