The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

I am so happy I can suddenly get back in here...dunno what's goping on.

Anyhow...I don't beat the crap out of myself with food.  That's just the thing.

My body just...I dunno...after apple picking time, it shuts down and I feel like I'm walking through sludge.  I walk like usual, but probably not as fast.  I feel aches and pains more.  I fall asleep sitting up watching tv with my kids at night.  There's no Top Deck Thursdays where I can dance for three hours straight.  No waves for jumping in or sand to walk on or sun to lie in.

Weekends are the killer, though.  All I want to do is sleep.  I NEED TO MOVE. 

My one true vice this month has been egg nog.  I'm stopping that right this second. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Jneen - have you tried a sun lamp?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE!
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: -1.4
    loss to-date: 13.8
    to go: 36.2

FINALLY!

Killing off the BLTs (bites, licks and tastes) in the kitchen and office seems to help.  That and the fact it's hotter than h-e-double-toothpics in my office and I'm swigging water like it's going out of style.

Have good weekend folks!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMV2. Show GMV2's posts

Hey you awesome peeps...great job everybody. I've lost a bit, will post again soon.

@Jneen - the way you described that you feel is how I felt before I started Vitamin D supplements. The doctor had checked my blood levels and apparently I don't make Vitamin D anymore and have to have a small amount (400 units each day works for me) of a supplement. Just an idea.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMV2. Show GMV2's posts

Hi CHC! This was discovered when I wasn't overweight. I don't know why my body stopped with the Vitamin D, but it did. I know a lot of people are worried about the larger doses of Vitamin D because of things that have been in the news. I can keep my levels above the minimum level with just 400 units. Sometimes I take two capsules. I know I function much better on even a minimal dosage.

BTW, I really appreciate your comments above about sugar. For me, weight loss is a calorie game, but the sugar is just so not good for me in so many ways. For one thing, it spikes my blood sugar and then drops it, and then I get so hungry I'll eat anything.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

***UPDATE TIME!!!***

WHOA.

Where is everyone this week?  Are we hiding and licking our wounds while drinking hot chocolate and eating gingerbread?

Do not feel guilty!!!

DO be mindful.  I love you!!

GUESS WHAT???  It appears that my gain was mostly brought on by the break in my blood pressure meds and some crazy fluid retention issues, because once I got back on them, your pal Jneen dropped a Dimmyesque 7 FREAKING POUNDS THIS WEEK.

That makes me a Super Banana!!!

fa la la la la la lalala!!

JTB with a -1.4 and CHC with a -1 are super duper co-Banana o' Determination winners for giving us updates in this, the darkest of our days.  You guys rock hard!!!

Thank you to everyone for recommending the Vitamin D thing - I'm going to give that a shot.

The rest of you - I know you're out there.  Do not despair.  Enjoy your holidays.  FOOD IS NOT AN ENEMY.  Enjoy your Christmas parties, put as much damn gravy and stuffing on your plate as you like.  Did you know that studies show that if you eat a single large feast, then go back to your normal way of eating, you will get a jump in your metabolism and kick start your loss again?  The trick is to not graze on sugar and ick food for days on end, because then you will fall into the sugar trap of feeling lifeless and sluglike.  Fill up your dinner plate with veggies, too...even if they are covered with things like cheese or butter or onion strings, they still have fiber and nutrients - and you will probably eat more of them :)

My official numbers:

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: 7!!!♥♥♥!!!
    Total lost: 15
    Left to go: 35
    Total lost since August 2007: 64

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

JNEEN!!!!

You are ROCKIN babe!  That's like losing a whole chicken off your butt!!!!!

I'm hoping for a 'festivas' miricle when I weigh in on Thursday - the cocktails are killing me :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

oooooh i just found this, late to the game.  i just want to lose the 50lbs i gained when he left me after i lost 50 lbs. when we got together in the first place. and now he's back, so.....

Original Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 1/1/2011
    Goal date:      1/1/2012
    Goal: to not have to shop in the "Womans' or 'Plus" dept.
    Pounds lost this week: -2
    Total lost: 37
    Left to go: 5, as ive revised my original goal as being unrealistic and unhealthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

Here is my week 16 update: 

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/27/2011
    Goal date: 10 by Thanksgiving - then just hang on through the holidays
    Pounds lost this week: +.4
    Total lost: 7.6
    Left to go: 12.4
    Total lost since August 2011: 7.6

I'm definitley stuck here. Can't seem to move down but not losing too much ground.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

Calico, i just got off a long plateau, they suck.  good luck, i think your plan to just hang on thru the holidays is a good one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

a co-worker, admiring my resistance to the amazing pastries that came in to the office today, said that Dr. Oz last week said that to get rid of belly fat, try brown seaweed pills from the healthfood/vitamin store....anyone try this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 4/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week 1
    Left to go - 22.4 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 7.6 lbs

The rollercoaster continues.  No counting points this week, that would be too much pressure in the face of temptation.  But I'm putting out all my food-oriented gifts at work this week for the masses so I don't have to take any home.  (Except for the chocolate/peanut/salted caramel bark, that's mine.  Mmmm, salted caramel.)  
    Happy holidays!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

(Except for the chocolate/peanut/salted caramel bark, that's mine.  Mmmm, salted caramel.)  

Thanks Luna - just what I need to tempt me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I just got back from the amazing annual office potluck, where I ate awesome food I only get once a year.

I topped it off with a chocolate cannoli from Mike's Pastry that my closest coworker brought in.

I love Christmas and I'm not apologizing for any of it :)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Jneen, I like your philosophy on Christmas consumption.  You're right, it's not worth feeling guilty about it.  This is not the time of year to feel deprived.

JTB, sorry about that!  It's sitting on my desk, taunting me, and has been joined by a box of Godiva chocolates and some handmade truffles.  I hope there are enough people in the office tomorrow to take them off my hands! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: -.2
    loss to-date: 14
    to go: 36

I.WILL.TAKE.IT!!

Evidently bourbon and truffles aren't ALL bad!!

Happy weekend lovelies and here's hoping Santa brings you a fat bank account and skinny body this year Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I am ignoring this thread this week, but you all still have my support.  ;)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh.  im so depressed and a feel gross.  i cannot believe how much i gorged on christmas night and how much weight that caused to come back on after id been so good and tried so hard.  one damn night! 

good luck everyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Oh happy last week of the year folks!

I'm here to check in and report that I remain steady from my last check in.

Current Weight: 161
    Last Weigh In:  161
    Goal Weight: 135
    Lost since March 2011: -7
    Progess this week: ZERO

But that zero is a success, as I'm coming off 10 days at home with holiday temptation EVERYWHERE, my dad's devotion to trying every family receipe ever handed down in a revised gluten-free variety (I must say, it actually improved the crispiness of the fried chicken, and the cinnamon rolls were absolutely devine!), and my mom and I enjoying our nightly beers by the fire just a little too much!  I did counter this with plenty of playing in the snow with my baby cousins, working out with my sister, and spending time in my aunt's infrared sauna that not only burns calories, but took the swelling down on my ankle by about an inch!

I just signed up for the Run to Home Base - which I was signed up for last year, raised $1,000, and then broke my ankle just weeks before the race. I can't wait to begin fundraising and training again! Let the new year begin!

Sections
Shortcuts