The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

and sorry Neener... just a little frustration seeping through there...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

Thanks for the award, Neener!  I'm sitting here craving sugar.  I can usually make it until I get home, then all heck breaks loose.  I hope having to report in here will keep me honest!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from My Dad Is Not Funny. Show My Dad Is Not Funny's posts

I wish my Dad would join this thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week +.2
    Left to go - 23 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 7 lbs

Can't seem to get out of this rut . . . only 7 lbs. in a year is pitiful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

I just read on MSNBC that adding hot sauce or hot peppers to your foods can help your metabolism.  Worth a try.

At this point in the challenge, it’s all about fine-tuning your diet to get every advantage possible—and spicing up your food is one way to get ahead. New research out of Purdue University suggests that adding fiery seasonings and condiments like cayenne pepper, fresh and bottled hot peppers, and hot sauce to meals suppresses your appetite and slightly revs your metabolism.

To cash in on these calorie savings, mix spicy ingredients into your food as often as you can in the weeks ahead. Try sprinkling chopped hot peppers into salads, or mixing hot sauce into low-fat mayo or hummus to make a spicy spread for sandwiches. Add minced jalapeno or chipotle peppers to omelets, low-fat chicken or tuna salad, stir fries, and marinades. Bring on the heat!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

>>Can't seem to get out of this rut . . . only 7 lbs. in a year is pitiful

WHAT???

You drop that line of thinking RIGHT NOW.

You are far less pitiful than you were 7 lbs ago, #1.  Well, I mean, maybe you are the same amount of pitiful, but at least there is less of you!

and #2, that's a nice, sustainable loss right there.

I blame January for this vile mood.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE] />>Can't seem to get out of this rut . . . only 7 lbs. in a year is pitiful WHAT??? You drop that line of thinking RIGHT NOW. You are far less pitiful than you were 7 lbs ago, #1.  Well, I mean, maybe you are the same amount of pitiful, but at least there is less of you! and #2, that's a nice, sustainable loss right there. I blame January for this vile mood.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the encouragement and the dope slap . . . it made me laugh.
    Always a good thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

I took Icy's suggestion and went for a real, live run last night. I did 3.07 miles in 35 minutes and only walked for like 5-7 minutes total.  It was a rather hilly route, and I'm feeling it in my BUTT today!

Here's my check in:
    Current Weight: 159
    Last Weigh In:  159
    Goal: 148
    Goal Date: 3/18 (ie be 20lbs lighter in this year's bday pics!)
    Lost since March 2011: -9.0
    Progess this week: 0

No change. I guess that's acceptable given that the weekend was slept away feeling ill, interspersed with moments of gluttony with wings, spinach dip, etc for football on Sunday.  No football this weekend - I should probably channel my energy from missing it towards going to yoga or something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

ive heard that about the hot sauce thing but the only thing that hot that i like is chinese mustard and chinese food is so fattening.

has anyone had, or heard or anyone who's had, experience with Sensa?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]ive heard that about the hot sauce thing but the only thing that hot that i like is chinese mustard and chinese food is so fattening. has anyone had, or heard or anyone who's had, experience with Sensa?
    Posted by Harbormistress[/QUOTE]
    ___________________________________________________________-
    Tried it - nothing happened AND made me as irritable as H-E- double toothpics!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

really, JTB? and isnt it pricey? does it taste like anything? why do you suppose it made you cranky? for how long did you use it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I went to the gym twice this week already and am back on the down side of the scale already.  -2.5 lbs!  And no, not all of it was just taking my sneakers off...  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]really, JTB? and isnt it pricey? does it taste like anything? why do you suppose it made you cranky? for how long did you use it?
    Posted by Harbormistress[/QUOTE]
    It is pricey ($90 for a month?) although they rope you in with the 'free' first set. I tried for about 3 weeks - it has no taste (which was a plus in my book) and I never saw a change or increase in weight loss. I'm thinking it was heavy in caffeine which since I generally avoid would have made me Lady Cranks-a-lot!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

You guys! Weight loss or no, guess WHAT?? I tried on a size of jeans smaller than my current ones today and they fit like a glove :) This same brand, in this size, I couldn't even button the button on this size in... Wait for it... 1991!!! :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Thats awesome Neener!!  

::HIGH FIVES::

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

Neener--CONGRATS to you!  That's wonderful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Wow, that's a huge milestone!  Congratulations.  Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from My Dad Is Not Funny. Show My Dad Is Not Funny's posts

My Dad has been trying to lose weight but all he does is hit the refresh button all day and mumble about his "Recs", whatever that is.

Here he is before he gained a lot of weight and got really fat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

You guys! Weight loss or no, guess WHAT?? I tried on a size of jeans smaller than my current ones today and they fit like a glove :) This same brand, in this size, I couldn't even button the button on this size in... Wait for it... 1991!!! :)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

Go Neener! Go Neener!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Yay, Neener!  My weight is only down about .5 lb from the last weigh in, but I did go to the gym 3 times the week plus my regular yoga class.  I'm hoping to keep it up now that I don't have those pesky boys bothering me...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I thought I was going to just a normal hatha yoga class this morning, but it was a 90 minute power vinyasa and it was killer.  I think I managed to do better than a lot of the class, but I am so sore now.  Still the same weight as 2 days ago. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

Holy Horror, Batman--I gained 3/10ths of a lb this week.  Intelectually I know that is just a small amount, but emotionally I beat myself up about this all weekend and overate.  My goal is to lose 15 lbs.  I have lost 13.5 since I started two weeks ago.  It's another week and I'm starting again. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Man, am I sore today - no gym for me!  But I'm secretly thrilled that I stayed to the end of the power yoga class yesterday.  Okay, it's not a secret - YAY!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't check in last week and I was expecting bad news when I stepped on the scale this morning.  Another pound down .. I'll take it :)  Seems like my current lifestyle has me losing (small amounts) when I'm not paying attention. Goal: -40 from starting date Starting date: when this thread started Pounds lost this week: -1 Total lost: -16 Left to go: 24  
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

CONGRATULATIONS!