The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

ARGH!  I got distracted by forum hilarity and didn't complete this week's UPDATE!!

Our Banana o' Determination winner this week is JTB with a -1  AND more than 15 lbs gone since she started posting in this thread.  WOO HOO!  Mama Neener is so very proud of you!  Bananaananananaanananaaaaa!

Everyone else was pretty steady, with either losses or gains with decimal points in them, so I'm calling it even.

Here's my numbers!

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: 0
    Total lost: 1
    Left to go: 49
    Total lost since August 2007: 59

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

WOO HOO!!!

Me and the banana are off to the gym for some quality time!!

And GracieJ - listen to what Neener and Kargiver say - the deprivation cycle can be so damaging - physically and mentally. We're about getting BETTER to be around LONGER and shake the worlk up more (than we already have).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Go JTB!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Weekly update for me:

Current Weight: 157.0
    Last Weigh In:  157.8
    Goal: 148
    Goal Date: 3/18 (ie be 20lbs lighter in this year's bday pics!)
    Lost since March 2011: -11
    Progess this week: -0.8

I was a little ashamed that I skipped the boot camp this morning in favor of sleeping in. It was worth it though. And then I got up and put on a skirt that hasn't fit since 2009.

Happy shrinking everybody! Swimsuits for this summer are now on store shelves!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

kargiver, I just wanted to say that you have been a wonderful addition to this thread.

Your cheerleading pompoms are wicked poofy and sparkly!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ginger, taking a little needed break once in awhile keeps you from ditching the entire regiman long-term.  Pushing beyond your emotional or phsyical means indefinitely leads to a snap effect.  So, down with guilt, up with enjoying the fact that you took a much needed break!

Jeen, thanks so much for the warm welcome!  I have a passion for nutrition and want to help people succeed if I can.  I can relate to the weight struggle; I lost the 30 lbs I gained after college many years ago by counting calories, eating mostly nutritent dense food but not depriving myself of any particular foods, and regular exercise.  Having essentially kept that up over the last 15 years, I am in my target range right now, but go up and down about 7 lbs every year.  This year, I've decide to get rid of my Winter flab (that crept up to 10 lbs) ealier than usual, and I'm down about 6 lbs since the beginning of the year.  Would like to start off the Summer looking and feeling my best rather than wrap up my usual weight loss for the year in September when we're covering up and hunkering down, again!

Thanks, again, that was really nice; you made my day. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GracieJ. Show GracieJ's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]WOO HOO!!! Me and the banana are off to the gym for some quality time!! And GracieJ - listen to what Neener and Kargiver say - the deprivation cycle can be so damaging - physically and mentally. We're about getting BETTER to be around LONGER and shake the worlk up more (than we already have).
    Posted by JTB8773[/QUOTE]

Thank you, JTB, Kargiver, and Neener.  I am going to look at that book.  I know you are all correct.  Thanks for this positive reinforcement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : Thank you, JTB, Kargiver, and Neener.  I am going to look at that book.  I know you are all correct.  Thanks for this positive reinforcement.
    Posted by GracieJ[/QUOTE]

I'm interpretting from your comments and how you are wording them that you are in the right frame of mind to succeed and essentiallly are only lacking knowledge.  Since that knowledge is readily available and you are willing to obtain it, you are a hair's breath from gaining the upper hand on this struggle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week .4
    Left to go - 23.2 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 6.8 lbs

At least it's not up this week . . . and while the boot camp classes aren't speeding up the weight loss process, I am getting stronger, have more energy and my stomach is slightly flatter.  I'll take it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Just a reminder:

If you hang out with people with bad eating and fitness habits, you tend to pick them up.

The reverse it also true.

So I'm hanging out with you positive, healthy people and hoping you rub off on me :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Big hugs Neener!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Went to the gym today and lost another 1/2 lb.  So I think I'm on the right track.  I hope so anyway...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Yay Justcat!

I feel like my body is gearing up for good things.  I just do.

ONWARD!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: -.4
    loss to-date: 16
    to go: 34.

oh sometimes this just moves SO SLOWLY!!!

But it's in the right direction, so I'm just gong to have to dance some more off :)

Have a good weekend lovlies!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

GracieJ... don't reward yourself for reaching your goals with food.  

I tell myself that if I lose x amount of lbs, then I can buy myself a pair of shoes, or get a massage, or buy an album i've been wanting.  

I won't be making it to the gym today as planned, but I will be doing a ton of dancing tonight in some heels.  :)  And I'll go to the gym tomorrow am... PROMISE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

***UPDATE TIME!!!***

I don' know about you guys, but I had a goshdarned good week!  I think I'm shaking off my winter ennui.

We all were awesome losers this week!!

Your pal Jneen gets the Dancing Banana this week!  -2!!  HELLZ YEAH!

Y'all gonna make me lose my mind up in here, up in here!

I'm giving the Banana o' Determination to Kargiver, who not only provides wonderful encouragement from her experience of keeping within her healthy range for 15 years, but has lost about 6 lbs of winter weight since the beginning of the year already!  WooHoo!  Shake it, shake it baby!

NatGing had a -.8, Justcat a -.5, luna-llena and JTB each saw -.4.  SWEET.  Great, steady work people.  Mama Neener is proud of you!

Let's try to do it again  this week!

Here's my numbers!

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: 2
    Total lost: 3
    Left to go: 47
    Total lost since August 2007: 61

ONWARD!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

48 days til Costa Rica. I have to really get serious about this. I'm going to the gym after my half-day of work today, then going grocery shopping. Starting up the 17 Day diet!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: The Official LL

To me?!  Oh, thank you!!!  I am dancing with the banana!  Good thing you cannot see - I dance like Elaine.  LOL!!  Congrats on a great week, Jneen!

AJ, what is the 17 day diet?  I have a friend who vacationed in Costa Rica and LOVED it.  Lots of fun things to do there - he had fabulous photos.  Have you been?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

YO MAMA!!!

Way to go Neener (and all others)

I too am curious about 17 day diet - can't wait to hear

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

AJ has great advice about not rewarding ourselves with food.  I humbly think people's problem (including my own) stems from our parents rewarding achievement with food along with comforting us the same way.  Emotional ups and downs get deeply tied to food from the time we get our first shot at the doc's and get comforted with ice cream afterwards and when we get all As and get to go to Chucky Cheese and gorge ourselves on pizza, but food shouldn't be associated with those things.  Yes, we should enjoy our food and get emotional satisfaction out of sharing meals with friends and loved ones, but not associate the need for eating with anything but actual hunger.  We can choose to disassociate food with our emotional needs as adults, but it's very hard and takes purposeful, mindful retraining.  An easy way to start is putting your favorite top 5 non-food rewards on the fridge:  "Am I hungry or will one of these 5 things satisfy my need right now?"  Have healthy snacks in the fridge for the times you're actually hungry.  Apples have pectin, a hunger smasher.  Couple that with a couple of tablespoons of natural peanut butter or hummus for protein and you've got real hunger covered.  If you're not honestly hungry, pick one of your favorite activities and quickly redirect yourself from the fridge.  You get rewarded that way (instead of walking away from the fridge dejected only to return 5 minutes later) without the calories.  Eventually, you'll dissociate food with your emotional needs that your other rewards take care of and you won't go to the fridge at all unless you need a snack.  Ideally, your 5 favorite rewards burn calories to boot. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Re: The Official LL

In Response to Re: The Official LL:
    [QUOTE]To me ?!  Oh, thank you!!!  I am dancing with the banana!  Good thing you cannot see - I dance like Elaine.  LOL!!  Congrats on a great week, Jneen! AJ, what is the 17 day diet?  I have a friend who vacationed in Costa Rica and LOVED it.  Lots of fun things to do there - he had fabulous photos.  Have you been?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/17-Day-Diet-Doctors-Designed/dp/1451648650/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329794147&sr=1-1

The 17 Day Diet is kind of a spin on the low-carb diet, with four different phases... the first phase is the most strict, but is designed for rapid weight loss.  There are some certain carbs... mostly fruits... that are ok in the first phase, and its mostly lean meats and veggies.  He also stresses the importance of exercise daily (he says only 17 min a day... he's a little hooked on the number 17 for some reason), taking probiotics, and lots of water.  
    After the first 17 days, its more lenient... you start reintroducing complex carbs and other things.  The final phase is meant to be a guide for daily living once you get closer to your ideal weight.  
    A good thing about the book is that he gives you meal suggestions for every day of the diet, and some recipes.  

I know someone who lost 10 lbs during the first 17 days.  Thats what I'm hoping for! I need to get into bathing suit shape :)  I've done the South Beach Diet before with good success, and this is pretty similar.  I'm the kind of person who needs some definite rules to follow or I won't succeed.  

And no... havent been to Costa Rica before... everything I have heard about it has been amazing, so I've been wanting to go for a reallllly long time.  I'm glad I can finally make that happen!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Oh, and today is officially day 1 of the 17 days...  just to give you an idea...

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs and coffee

snack:  Greek non-fat yogurt (yes there are carbs in this but I guess its ok carbs, especially cuz it has the probiotics)

Lunch: Brussels sprouts and chicken

afternoon workout:  45 min on elliptical, 10 min on rowing machine

afternoon snack: apple

dinner:  salmon with broccoli, peas and green beans. 

I've also had a LOT of green tea and water today.  And I am taking a probiotic and Fish oil supplement daily.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I hate Greek yogurt :(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Hi kids! Glad to see you are all kicking butt and sticking to your healthy lifestyle plans, even when you are struggling.

Anyway, thought I'd share a few of my recent discoveries. This may be a bit of TMI, but this is an offshoot of LL, we should be used to this by now: I've realized that I've been replacing sex with food lately. I'm not getting any, and as such, I started baking a lot, and eating a lot of bad bad things, or things with cheese -- comforty tasty foods that are not so good for me. I decided this needed to stop, but short of going out and humping any random guy I see, I needed to find healthy substitutes for the sweet or cheesy/awesome comfort foods I was latching on to as a substitute.

For my cheese craving, I have now been taking baked tostito chips, topping them with 1/4 - 1/3 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese, tossing them in the microwave to melt the cheese, and dipping it in Newman's peach salsa -- this helps with salty/cheesy/sweet cravings all in one, and the calorie/fat content really isn't that bad.

For the sweet craving, I discovered a super delicious faux caramel dip recipe: 8 oz of fat free cream cheese blended with 1 cup brown sugar and a tsp. of vanilla-- not too bad in the calorie department, and sliced apples taste super decadent in this dip. If I absolutely must have chocolate, I have the apples and dip, and then 2 hershey kisses, and that usually does the trick.

Hopefully now that spring is on it's way, we can all shake our winter doldrums and it'll be easier to maintain positive attitudes and healthy lifestyles.

Have a good week, all!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I <3 you IcyHot.  

And Neener, you can have regular non-fat yogurt :)  

UPDATE:

On weigh-in today I am down 2.2 lbs since last time!  Woot!

Sections
Shortcuts