The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]UPDATE: Goal: -30 from starting date Starting date: 07/01/2011 Goal date: 10/01/11 Pounds lost this week: -4 Total lost: 4 Left to go: 26 Total lost since February 2010: 19   Happy Friday everyone!  Why do the short holiday weeks always seem so long??
    Posted by Saidwhat[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

JTB - This was a hard week given the holiday and all.  Thanks for being the cheerleader for all of us today!!  Have a great weekend everyone!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

CHC-

but just think - that's 8 sticks of butter that have been removed from your thighs!  That's not only amazing, it's really healthy way to come off.

Keep on keeping on doll - we'll get there as a group!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

JTB, AWESOME way to put it in perspective!

And CHC, keep on keepin on, by the end of a month it'll be a sack of potatoes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

CHC:

2 pounds is great but I know what you mean about thinking it's ONLY two pounds.  When I start to do that though, I remember that it's still a LOSS and not a GAIN so you are going in the right direction!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]UPDATE!!! Goal: -50 from starting date Starting date: 06/30/2011 Goal date: November Pounds lost this week: -4 Total lost: -4 Left to go: 46 Too early to tell but MAYBE MAYBE weight watchers and yoga will be the combo
    Posted by JTB8773[/QUOTE]

Yay!!! Keep up the good workSmile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I couldn't find a scale at my gym, but I did go and do my complete workout 3 times this week!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

****WEEKLY UPDATE SUMMARY TIME!!!****

I know I originally planned to do these weekly updates on Fridays, but Sunday actually works a bit better for me.

I am so proud of all of you who managed to lose this week during all the barbecues and being bombarded with smores and whatnot.

I would like to welcome this week's newcomers to the thread:  Yikahs, jcour382, RDG, CHC, Choppers, RedWolf and B3!  I may have missed some people.  If I missed you, please be aware that I had a bit too much to drink last night and the iced coffee isn't working well :)  Hi Cap'n!  Thanks for checking in to see how we're doing!  We like fans!

Now for this week's check-ins!

The Dancing Banana goes to JTB8773 for a gigantic FOUR POUND LOSS this week!  W00tW00t!

Other notables are CHC, softpatina, and the lovely WickedMcCool...each with a healthy 2 lbs lost.  Eight sticks of butter gone for each of you!

RDG is down 1 - hooray!  And Luna-llena is down a respectable .6

justcat, 1person'sopinion and carioke also apparently had good weeks.

my update is as follows:

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost this week: +2. Stupid barbecues, beer and smores.
    Total lost: 13
    Left to go: 37
    Total lost since August 2007: 63

So I will be joining NatGing (+2), DWL (umm...we were only told "bad") and Holly (+3) on the Treadmill of Shame this week.  Maybe one of us will be in line for a Dancing Banana next week!

I'll do another recap next Sunday!  Have a great week, All!  If I forgot your check-in, please post below.  And spank me for being an idiot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

WAIT!!!

saidwhat ALSO lost an amazing FOUR POUNDS this week!

Co-Dancing Banana winner!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

OK, I'm not playing but I had to say I LOVE the Dancing Banana!  Looks like he's getting lots of exercise.  ;-)

And bananas are GOOD for you, aren't they?  ;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Okay, JNeen, my 1 week update:

Goal: -10 from new starting date
    Starting date: 07/1/2011
    Goal date: 8/12/11 (5 by then) and 9/30/11 (for the rest)
    Pounds lost this week: 2.5
    Total lost: 2.5
    Left to go: 7.5ish

And I can't believe it....I even weighed myself 3 times and twice the scale said 2.5 and once it said 3, so I guess I have to believe it.

I agree about BBQ time, JNeen.  I used to think that summer time was a great time to diet, what with all the outdoor activities and bathing suit wearing as motivation, but it's also the time for hangin' out and  drinking wine and munching on snacks and and and..... very tough to keep on track when I just want to relax and have fun. 

My motivation is that I'll be seeing in-laws in August that I haven't seen in years.  It's not that I care about what they think of my appearance, it's that I know the slimmer I can be, the less self-conscious  and more confident I'll be, which can only help.  Of course, after that visit, I'll probably have some work to do, as I'm sure I'll be self-medicating with wine for the whole 6 days!  :)  Luckily JNeen will be here to get me back on track -- thanks Jneen!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I'll join folks on the Treadmill of Shame. I was lousy this week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

We will enlist Cap'n to deliver a healthy whack with a ping-pong paddle for each one you lose, RDG...how's that for incentive? ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Love it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

OMG!!! I love the 'Dancing Bannana'!!!

And hey folks - based on numbers reported - that a total of 10.1 lbs this week -

that's a sack of potatoes.

Have a great week - see you on the treadmill Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely. Show hollygolitely's posts

Very good progress folks........... congrats to you all!  Hopefully this will motivate me to Stop The Insanity this week  :)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Wow, good weeks for many!

I find that I consistently make it to the gym on Mondays if no other day, so I'll check in this evening with my report.  I will say that between multiple drinks with JD and JCat on Friday (they really need to make Pinnacle vodka taste more like alcohol and less like a creamsicle when mixed with OJ), followed by a trip to Midwest Grill last night, I'm not the most optimistic.

But I did have greek yogurt and raspberries for breakfast, and just enjoyed a wedge salad with turkey bacon for lunch, snack time has some turkey, lean muenster, and grapes in store, and tonight will be grilled chicken, grilled zuchinni, and wild rice.  With the breakfast and lunch fixin's now readily available here at the office, it should be a good week on the wagon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Empire-In-Ashes. Show Empire-In-Ashes's posts

Just saw this post and I'm in! And I'll start tomorrow because I'm ordering chinese tonight haha.

Goal: -35 from starting date
    Starting date: 07/12/2011
    Goal date: End of the year
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 0
    Left to go: 35
    Total lost since September 2009: 30, but then I gained it back! boo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Welcome, Ms. Empire!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely. Show hollygolitely's posts

Oh Jneen, I fear I will never see the dancing banana in my lifetime!  Dancing pears perhaps but not bananas   :(

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

Wow- lots of good reports here- very encouraging!

I'm making it a point to hit up the farmer's markets in Dedham where I work, Hingham near where I live and in the south end at SOWA where I sometimes go to shop. Keeps me excited about all the healthy foods. While at SOWA on Sunday I opted for some homemade grape leaves being sold by one of the vendors and a froyo with fresh bluberries instead of a hotdog or sandwich in the cafe. Felt (and tasted) pretty damn good :)

JBT- thanks for the visuals- really puts it in perspective!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Ok, checking in post gym:

Current Weight: 157
    Lost since March 2011: -11
    Progess this week: -2
    To Go: 22

Also made it to the gym and did a true weight circuit. Effectively worked my arms to exhaustion and doubled my ankle in size.  And now I ice with a glass of red after a lovely, well portioned, healthy dinner.

I love this thread for incentive to stay on track. Thanks Neener!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I'm a bit late to the thread, but here goes:

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 07/11/11
    Goal date: Dec 11
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 0
    Left to go: 30

I've put on way too much weight, mostly from alcohol indulgences and going out to eat.  I need to stop with the pity party (I'm gaining weight because i'm so stressed, blah blah blah)... and I need to start taking better care of myself.  

Love you Neener for starting this thread :)