The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]Well now. Rules of polite society state that one should not mess with a woman's weight or a man's dog. Considering you're laying into Aj, permit me to retaliate. Guy your dog is ugly. It's so ugly it looks the same from the front and back. That dog is so ugly Mike Tyson wouldn't hit it. ......It's got Marty Feldman eyes........... It's so ugly it won't lick it's own ballzzs. I'ts so ugly a Lab would't fck it with a shepard's d!ck and a pitbull pushing. Your dog makes Phylis Diller look good. Damn good.
    Posted by -moosedodger-[/QUOTE]

Good evening

1) I am not "laying into Aj". Very dullwitted of you for thinking I am

2) We likely will never address each other again, but on the off chance we do, would you mind using your regular user account, not one you made up less than 24 hours ago? Sock puppet accounts are dumb. People who use them are even dumber

3) Marty Feldman, huh? Phyllis Diller? How old are you, my friend? Time to update your pop culture reference book

4) Peace

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

the ignore function is a beautiful function, J9 :) just employed it myself...

well kids, I had a breakdown bathing suit shopping yesterday. I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be for my long weekend in FLorida with the two skinniest people I know, and it depressed me. I had to own up to the fact that while I have been good about working out, I have been bad with eating... my portions are bigger than they should be, my snacking is out of control, and this damn Easter candy is the death of me.
    So, I reactivated the My Fitness Pal app this morning, and am going to start logging everything I eat and counting my calories this way. It's a neat app that lets you put in current weight, goal weight, how much you'd realistically like to lose each week, and it tells you the amount of calories you can have in a day. It has a lot of food items already stored in it's database, plus it has a recipe builder and a bar code scanner. It works a lot like the online Weight Watchers tools. Plus, you can link up with your friends who are users and share your progress, which might make you more accountable if others are seeing your calories and exercise.
    If anyone else decides to join it, let me know, and we can link up!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Italian, sorry you are not where you want to be (bathing suit shopping in March is almost certainly a depressing event!), but at least you have a handle on what's been going wrong - denial is so destructive.  Congrats to you for your newfound hope, reasserting your goals, and for putting a plan in place for success.  The app sounds interesting and healthfully helpful.  (I wish I had a smart phone sometimes...)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 30 lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 6/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week  1
    Left to go - 22.4 
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 7.6 lbs

Still yoyo-ing.  Whatever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

But, your trend is ever downward. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

kargiver, you can do it right online, without an app: myfitnesspal.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

oh, cool, thanks - I'll check it out.

ETA:  VERY nice!  I just found out I burn about 275 a day walking my dog.  Yahoo!  1300 calories a week...who knew?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal - 50 lbs
    start date: 6/30/11
    Goal date: 6/30/12
    loss this week: -1 (!)
    loss to-date: 17
    to go: 33.

YOWZA!!! after cruise with hot and cold running food and drink - this so works for me. I think it has something to do with NOT having to actually cook, clean or prepare my meals that makes me lose. And the mounds of fresh seafood.

And thanks Neener for reminding me about the 'ignore' function.

Have a good weekend lovelies :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

JTB, congrats!  Wow, I've never known anyone to lose weight on a cruise...spectacular.  

Generally, speaking, though keep in mind that to lose 50 lbs in a year you need to tap into your fat stores, meaning you eat less than you need, for 500 calories every single day the entire year.  That's possible, but I'd personally revise the goal to be half that.  A 250 calorie deficit per day is much easier and more realistic in my experience, and that would yield a net of 25 lbs lost per year.

The thing is, we can gain a pound a week, no problem - who among us couldn't wolf down 500 calories a day we don't burn off?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

to moosedodger (wherever you are/whoever you are):

No idea why you sent a message to my profile page instead of responding to me out here in the open like a normal person would have

Pretty queer little thing for you to do, but okay

I have little to say in response to your dumb letter, but for the record, I am against bannings. I dont want to see anyone get "nuked". Not even you. What happened to reindeerplank was lousy IMO

But if the mods didnt intervene when you and your friends trashed OBN (aka the CC forum), you would all still be there now, having completely taken over the place, overwhelming it by your sheer numbers, acting as if it was yours (much like you did in the Commoner forum when you idiots first arrived here on this section of the board), posting one zany thread (groan) after another

Pfffft

Btw, reindeerplank got her account reinstated
    AlyssaJones did too
    I suspect your account was "un-nuked" as well, but youre just not sayin'...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Kargiver, you're right BUT having that number in front of my nose with the date is pushing be a bit more now.  I'll probably change it in May :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Kargiver, you're right BUT having that number in front of my nose with the date is pushing be a bit more now.  I'll probably change it in May :)
    Posted by JTB8773[/QUOTE]

I just didn't want you to be unnecessarily discouraged for not making it or having to revise your very aggressive goal.  I wouldn't want you to lose "only" 30 lbs in a year and be disappointed in yourself; that would be totally unfair since it would be a remarkable accomplishment, a total success (imo).  But, you know yourself and what motivates you best so keep on keepin' on. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

to moosedodger (wherever you are/whoever you are):

No idea why you sent a message to my profile page instead of responding to me out here in the open like a normal person would have

~ Normal? hahahahaha. The goood people here could care less about a p*ssing contest between you and I.
    [The expression is "couldnt care less", and it's "between you and me", not "between you and I"]

Pretty queer little thing for you to do, but okay

~This is where you want me to make fun of you for being gay. Nice try.
    [No, this is where I am begging you to stop acting like a big do uche. I dont always get what I want though]

I have little to say in response to your dumb letter, but for the record, I am against bannings. I dont want to see anyone get "nuked". Not even you. What happened to reindeerplank was lousy IMO

~ umm this is not a little response.
    [For once youre right]

But if the mods didnt intervene when you and your friends trashed OBN (aka the CC forum), you would all still be there now, having completely taken over the place, overwhelming it by your sheer numbers, acting as if it was yours (much like you did in the Commoner forum when you idiots first arrived here on this section of the board), posting one zany thread (groan) after another

~Bullsh!t. It would have been a 5 minute goof if you tight@sses had a sense of humor.
    [First of all, why do you continue to lump me in with the women of OBN? Secondly, it wasnt 5 minutes. You were in their forum for hours one night and several hours again the next day. I stand by my statement that you would still be there now had the mods not stepped in. Btw, if I organized a takeover of this thread with a half dozen others, like what you did in the CC forum, how long do you think it would take for one of the fatasses here to report me? Not long, I'm guessing. LL people lose their zany sense of humor pretty fast when they are the ones being targeted] 

Pfffft

Btw, reindeerplank got her account reinstated
    AlyssaJones did too
    I suspect your account was "un-nuked" as well, but youre just not sayin'...

~Why is this important to you? I chose not to write the Mods to get reinstated.    
    [Not important. Apparently, 'moosedodger' is your regular handle, Nevermind]                  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Made a huge batch of the quinoa black bean chili (recipe in CCC Recipes) for the week's lunches.  At 250 calories a bowl I really can't go wrong especially if I walk off 200 - 250 calories walking our dog.  FREE LUNCH!  There is such a thing, after all. :)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Well, I haven't done an update in a heck of a long time.  Sorry about that.  In the evenings, I would forget, then in the mornings not have enough time before work.  BUT I HAVE TIME RIGHT NOW! So let's do it, shall we?

I have still been struggling.  I am actually down this week from the last two, but I'm up two since mid February.  NOT HAPPY. Starting this week, on non-rainy days, I'm walking from my house to the train instead of driving.  It's light in the evenings now, so I don't have to be worried about walking home in the pitch black.

Our Dancing Banana this week is a three way tie!  luna-llena, JTB and CHC each with a -1!  I think i may have missed someone.  I'm out of practice.  AJ has been losing steadily as well.  You people amaze me.

Lemme see your hips SWING!

Ms. Lily- gets our Banana o' Determination this week for not only running a half marathon, but finishing more than a minute ahead of her goal pace!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  Can we get a Kapn Friday ~Backflip~ in here for Lilz??

Here is your  Extra Special Awesome Banana of Awesomeosity:

Icey was right behind in the Determination category with an amazing 5.1 mile run.  I bow to you.  Your recent pictures are showing off all of your hard work as well!

Thank you to EVERYONE (yes, even you Sean) for keeping up the supportive chatter while I have been bumbling through the remainder of my winter.  I will try harder.  Just a peek this morning at pictures of myself from 2005 was good incentive not to backslide. :)

ONWARD!

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 08/05/2010
    Goal date: really just want to be healthy
    Pounds lost since last checkin: +2. really.  REALLY?
    Total lost: +1
    Left to go: 51
    Total lost since August 2007: 57

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from calicokitty. Show calicokitty's posts

This is a 2 week update. I missed last week since I was sick as a dog and stayed that way until this weekend. A big loss for me but 3 lbs of it was in the week+ that I was sick and couldn't eat. I'll be happy if I can keep this off but I'll have to see how it goes this week.

Goal: -15 from starting date
    Starting date: 03/04/2012
    Goal date: Sept 1
    Pounds lost this week: -4.1
    Total lost: 4.1
    Left to go: 10.9
    Total lost since March 2012: 4.1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jneen, 57 lbs since 2007 is awesome.  Winters are tough.  I bet you'll see a surge in your success as you start walking and the weather continues to have your back.

Sorry you've been so sick, calico!  A 4 lb loss; you must have really felt awful. 

Hoping everyone can get out there and enjoy this Spring-like day!  The sun is starting to come out here, and maybe I won't even need a fleece when I walk Gracie later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I recently was horrified by a photo showing my shapeless, flabby arms and shoulders in a halter dress.  I'm pretty close to my weight goal, but not happy with my body.  Since my goal is really to wear my skinny jeans with confidence and to be in shape, would anyone mind if I shifted my goal from pounds to inches?  I'm 2 inches away on my waist from being comfy in my favorite clothes (since I think that's what it measured when I bought them), and expect to get there by continuing to count calories, exercising by walking our dog 75 - 90 minutes a day 5 days a week, and I'll be adding weight training on our Bowflex 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week.

I'd like to make my goal by June 30.  Anyone else tracking inches?  Is that a reasonable goal?  I've never used what was originally my husband's Bowflex; it intimidates me.  Anyone else using one?  Do you have any tips to get over the fear?

March 18 waist start: 2.0 inches
    June 30 Waist Goal: 0.0
    Inches lost this week: 0.0
    Inches left to go: 2.0

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Jneen, 57 lbs since 2007 is awesome.  Winters are tough.  I bet you'll see a surge in your success as you start walking and the weather continues to have your back. Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kargiver, I know you mean well, but come off it. You need to stop making excuses over here. The weather? Now Ive heard everything

Look at the OP. In it, ThatJneengirl claimed to have lost 65 lbs since 8/2007. Now the number is 57. In other words, in the near nine months since she started a thread dedicated to weight loss, Jneen has GAINED eight pounds

Way to inspire a nation, Neener!

And why is she even including the August 2007 number anyway? I dont care what Jneen did five years ago. I dont think anyone does

What has she done for me lately? That's what I want to know... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

YAY Gang!!!

Kargiver - while I don't track inches per se, my trainer does measurements every couple of months. Upper arms are the HARDEST to work on - try weighted presses, also a trainer (even if its only for a couple of sessions to learn some stuff) is worth it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, JTB!   Do you have a sense of how many pounds it takes to lose an inch from your waist?  I'm guessing 5 or so?  I've lifted weights with a trainer before, but I've never used a Bowflex.  It looks a lot more inviting to try on TV.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I had a dream last night that I was walking in a group last night with a bunch of you guys who have taken up running.  And then you all started running and I tried to keep up and my knee collasped and I fell to the ground in pain but you were all too far ahead of me and you couldn't hear me.

D'oh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how discouraging!  Just a bad dream, though - we're right here. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, JTB!   Do you have a sense of how many pounds it takes to lose an inch from your waist?  I'm guessing 5 or so?  I've lifted weights with a trainer before, but I've never used a Bowflex.  It looks a lot more inviting to try on TV.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Neener - not to worry, with my knee I'll be screaming on the ground somewhere near by! And enough with the stress dreams!!!

Sections
Shortcuts