The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hollygolitely. Show hollygolitely's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

Yes J9 down 3 for the week!  Amazing after all that beer........

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    Okay - I am in this since we can all locate my butt :) Since joining my company 1.5 years ago, I realize when faced with unlimited free food (they basically cater every meeting) and happy hours that I have little to no willpower so I put on about 15 pounds.  I can feel the extra weight when I exercise and most of my wardrobe is off limits and I refuse to buy anything new since it is my own fault that I have this problem.  I REALLY need to stop and reverse this trend which was fun while it lasted.  Goal: -15 from today Starting date: 07/19/2011 Goal date: asap Pounds lost this week: n/a Total lost: n/a Left to go: 15 Heading to the gym soon for Body Pump and Step class.  I need to program the Polar heart rate monitor I won in a raffle at my gym so I can see how many calories I burn in these classes.
    Posted by Inter-Planet

I hear you on the will power situation! Grad school followed by a job with a very on-the-road schedule has been my downfall. 5 minutes to shove something in my face meals, or catered meetings where you justify that calories don't count because everyone else is indulging!  I have a nice collection of skirts and capris that I would LOVE to show off before the end of summer that haven't made an appearance since 2008.  When I came out to Boston for grad school I ended up putting on about 25lbs. Now I'm at the about 15-17lb increase ... better but not back to where I was.

I'd REALLY love to get back to my college graduation pictures size, which is more like 25lbs to go from here. It was only 5 years ago for me - that should be manageable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

Okay -  Heading to the gym soon for Body Pump and Step class.  I need to program the Polar heart rate monitor I won in a raffle at my gym so I can see how many calories I burn in these classes.
    Posted by Inter-Planet

I love Body Pump class!  And using a HR monitor really helps to track your progress.  Unfortunately, they have rearranged the class schedules at my local Y so I'm still trying to figure out when I can fit it in. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 40lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week - .6
    Left to go - 30
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 10 lbs

I'm surprised there's any loss at all . . . very stressful week, which meant falling right off the WW wagon.  Climbed back on today, but the pizza etc. will probably show up at next week's weigh in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

I had a "too much fun" weekend.

Work to do this week just to maintain status quo.

Bleh.

and to think this is my "thin" time of year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

I had a "too much fun" weekend. Work to do this week just to maintain status quo. Bleh. and to think this is my "thin" time of year.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

_______________________________________________________________--
    OMG I hear that! so annoying to gain weight/maintain in the summer when its too darn hot to eat. UGH UGH UGH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : _______________________________________________________________-- OMG I hear that! so annoying to gain weight/maintain in the summer when its too darn hot to eat. UGH UGH UGH
    Posted by JTB8773

Too hot to eat, but not too hot to drink -- that's my summer downfall.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I didn't get to the gym much last week, but back on track this week.  I also found a scale at the gym so I can weigh myself on the same one each week!  Despite all that I think I may have stayed the same weight or lost a pound or two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

ooooo I wanna play.

let's see.
    Start weight back in March of 2008 was right about a grizzly 195, and close to a size 16 (stupid college drinking/eating/not working out at all).
    Lost 35, gained back a bunch (also since being sucked into the vortex) through last Fall (probably 15 or so). Started up again some time last fall, have lost about 11 since then, and gained some tone..

So-- goal is: to be a comfortable size 8 by November.
    Current: a 10-- comfortable 10 on the good weeks, cushy 10 after binging.

I'm gonna need you guys when I get back from Bermuda-- this could get ugly!

Things that have helped me: obviously diet-- trying to have Special K cereal with skim milk every morning, a lean cuisine (or equivalent) and salad with vinegar for lunch during the work week, and a little more flexible with dinner. Running has helped drop the inches, and Jillian Michaels has helped with the tone!

Good luck all!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

one more thing-- I've found I lose more weight when I am accountable for what I am eating-- like with WW when you write it down and track your points. Found this neat program that is either an app on a smart phone, or you can access online called "My Fitness Pal" -- it's basically a calorie counter-- you can input your goals, and current weight, and it sets you on a daily calorie intake to meet those goals-- you put in every amount of food/drink you eat- it calculates the calories and lets you know how much you have left on a given day. It also lets you input exercise, and that increases your daily calories. It has really helped me and my two best friends to prep for this cruise!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

one more thing-- I've found I lose more weight when I am accountable for what I am eating-- like with WW when you write it down and track your points. Found this neat program that is either an app on a smart phone, or you can access online called "My Fitness Pal" -- it's basically a calorie counter-- you can input your goals, and current weight, and it sets you on a daily calorie intake to meet those goals-- you put in every amount of food/drink you eat- it calculates the calories and lets you know how much you have left on a given day. It also lets you input exercise, and that increases your daily calories. It has really helped me and my two best friends to prep for this cruise!
    Posted by ItalianIce84

I used to do weight watchers online and got tired of paying 16.95 a month for it... and I have just as much success with MyFitnessPal when I'm dedicated to logging it in. It's just the discipline to keep up with it :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Here's my update for this week:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 9/1/2011
    Pounds lost this week: +1
    Total lost: -4
    Left to go: 16
    Total lost since August 2010: 19

No gym for me this week and obviously not eating as well as I should!  I hereby relinquish the dancing banana to someone who is having a better week than I!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

The Livestrong site also offers a great tool for free called The Daily Plate

check it out :)

The site is a great resource as well.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

*note

I stopped using Daily Plate a couple of years ago after it kept telling me I had hundreds of calories left at the end of the day, yet I was still stuck at a plateau even though I adjusted for activity level and all that.

I think since I started from such a high BMI and was borderline diabetic/glucose intolerant, my metabolism was so far out of whack that it just didn't work well for me.

I think the tool works wonderfully for those with only about 20-30 or so to lose though.  Plenty of my friends swear by it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE!

Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: November 2011
    Pounds lost this week: -1
    Total lost: -7
    Left to go: 43

Considering that a *AHEM* certain monthly event was around, I'm pretty darn pleased.   Must do more workouts but I gotta admit - going to the gym when it's 100 out just isn't happening!

Happy thoughts to everyone for a good scale session! & CHC, the tide will change & you'll lose the pound - and more!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

*note I stopped using Daily Plate a couple of years ago after it kept telling me I had hundreds of calories left at the end of the day, yet I was still stuck at a plateau even though I adjusted for activity level and all that. I think since I started from such a high BMI and was borderline diabetic/glucose intolerant, my metabolism was so far out of whack that it just didn't work well for me. I think the tool works wonderfully for those with only about 20-30 or so to lose though.  Plenty of my friends swear by it.
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

I won't be participating in this weeks weigh in.  Instead of going to the gym last night, I ordered Indian food.  Today was a catered lunch.  At 4PM is my company's monthly Fiesta (free food, free alcohol) and after I am going to happy hour.  Translation:  I am bad Bad BAD!!!!  Tomorrow back on track (I hope).
    Posted by Inter-Planet

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

UPDATE:

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 07/01/2011
    Goal date: 10/01/11
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 2
    Left to go: 28
    Total lost since February 2010: 17

I held steady which I'm okay with.  Finally received the okay to beginning running again after being in PT for several months with a foot injury.  It will be slow going for quite awhile but I'm glad to be able to get back out there.  Of course, starting again during a heat wave isn't fun!

Have a good weekend everyone!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

For anyone looking for a workout that kicks your butt more than I ever expected?

Hot Power Yoga. Oh. My. God.

I can barely walk after 2 days in a row. And my ankle isn't the problem.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

For anyone looking for a workout that kicks your butt more than I ever expected? Hot Power Yoga. Oh. My. God. I can barely walk after 2 days in a row. And my ankle isn't the problem.
    Posted by naturalginger

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread : ______________________________________________________________ WOW!!! I'm still a bit (ok ALOT) nervous about taking a class like that - what if I keel over from heat stroke?  Good for you!
    Posted by JTB8773

JTB, I'm not sure where you're located, but I originally went to a studio in Quincy where I was working at the time, and have recently decided to give a few classes a try at a Newton studio. Both of the studios (and I feel that this is reasonably consistent across the practice) are very relaxed, helpful to new students, and very judgement free if you feel like you can't 'keep up'. There's nothing competitive about it so there's no reason to push yourself into heat stroke :) Yesterday, because of the heat, it was much warmer than the normal 95 degrees they would keep it at, and people struggled. There was no issue with taking yourself back into a resting pose at any time... the instructors encouraged it.

If you're anywhere in the Brighton/Allston/Newton area and wanted to check out a class, you're more than welcome to email me from my profile and find a time to come along. I promise it's not that scary, and it's always better to have a sidekick your first time!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Cariokie. Show -Cariokie's posts

OUCH! Before I came to Boston, I missed a whole week at the gym, then ate and drank whatever I wanted while I was back home and missed another week at the gym. I was hoping that the extra walking I did would help not working out, but I just stepped on the scale, so:

Goal:150
    Last week:160
    This week:164
    Change: +4

Wall of shame for me :( and back to the gym on Monday! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Goal: -40 from starting date Starting date: 06/30/2011 Goal date: 01/01/2012 Pounds lost this week: +1 Total lost: -1 Left to go: 39 Too much sitting around this week - I'll have to make up for that this weekend.
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick

I actually did work out 3 times this week and still gained 3/4 of a pound!  Drat!  I'm gonna go have a beer...

Sections
Shortcuts