The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread

And JNeen - you were right... by Sunday that .75lb was back off.  Back to the gym this afternoon!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luna_llena. Show luna_llena's posts

Goal - 40lbs
    Start date - 2/22/11
    Goal Date - 1/1/2012
    Pounds lost this week - +1
    Left to go - 31
    Total lost since 2/22/11 - 9 lbs

Not surprising, but still a disappointment.  I'm having a hard time getting back on track after two weeks of not counting points or walking.  Waaaahhh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

In Response to Re: The Official LL "Where Did My Butt Go?" Thread:
    [QUOTE]Goal - 40lbs Start date - 2/22/11 Goal Date - 1/1/2012 Pounds lost this week - +1 Left to go - 31 Total lost since 2/22/11 - 9 lbs Not surprising, but still a disappointment.  I'm having a hard time getting back on track after two weeks of not counting points or walking.  Waaaahhh!
    Posted by luna-llena[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

[QUOTE]jc, I would not reccomend any weight loss programs that limit beer, wine or tequilla
    Posted by johnny1963[/QUOTE]

I do recommend, however, more exercise...  to offset the beer, wine & tequila, of course!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Argh!

Well, I've been delaying posting this week, because I was delaying getting on the scale.  Thought I had not lost anything this week, but wouldn't you know I actually gained a pound.  Argh.  Wouldn't be so bad if I could point to some truly fun thing I ate or some party I went to, but I really stuck mostly to the diet.  <sigh />

Anyway, the 3 week update (instead of downdate :-P):

Goal: -10 from new starting date
    Starting date: 07/1/2011
    Goal date: 8/12/11 (5-6 by then) and 9/30/11 (for the rest)
    Pounds lost this week: +1
    Total lost: 3.0
    Left to go: 7ish -- 2-3 by 8/12

"Birthday season" in my family just started, so the diet is going to be especially challenging.  Just have to keep my butt to the grindstone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

Also, if you amped up your workouts as of late, you may have gained muscle, which weighs more than fat.

Or your body is just playing dumb tricks on you.  I hate that.

If you know you're doing everything pretty much the right way, just keep doing what you're doing...your energy level and feeling of well-being will reward you more than any dumb arbitrary measurement on a scale :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

In fact, I think i will start mixing it up this week and award TWO bananas!

One for biggest loss and one for determination.

w00tw00t!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

LOL!! I love the two banana award idea!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

Before I totally forget...  Here's my update for this week:

Goal: -20 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: -10 by 9/1/2011
    Pounds lost this week: ZERO!! I got nothin!
    Total lost: -4
    Left to go: 16
    Total lost since August 2010: 19

Must be the water weight again cuz it wouldn't be all the butter I had with those lobstahs the other night!!Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

[QUOTE]I have my own crackpot theories about "a calorie is a calorie" Ginger. Like..naturally occurring food containing saturated fat make you feel more "full" and stick with you longer than foods that have been modified to take that stuff out.  I think saturated fat being removed from fried and other foods makes people eat MORE of the not-healthy stuff. I for one know that I do much better having a yogurt for a snack in the afternoon than a similar-calorie snack of another kind, because it doesn't turn on my eat only carbs-crash-feel tired-crave more carbs monster.  I have lost close to 70 lbs since August 2007 simply by walking 3 or 4 20-min increments a day and trying to stick with "real" food (like...if your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize it as food, it ain't food) and drinking only water except for a glass of milk with dinner.  If I truly want ice cream or some other dessert, I have some.  A measured amount in a small cup or bowl.  I drink real beer and eat something crazy at a restaurant on Saturdays.  I live a real and fulfilling "food life" and enjoy parties and holidays.  But it's still coming off. :) I figure I need to live in a way that I can maintain without feeling like it's something I am setting myself up to fail at, or a "diet" that I can "stop" when I get to some magical weight.  This is just how I live now.  The end. :)
    Posted by ThatJneenGrrl[/QUOTE]

SHE TELLS THE TRUTH!!!

For me, it's just gotta be a lifestyle.  I don't call it 'cheating', I just enjoy whatever it and move back into the groove.  (On the other hand, losing just 3 pounds in 4 weeks isn't grooving quite the way I need!!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

UPDATE:
    Goal: -50 from starting date
    Starting date: 06/30/2011
    Goal date: November 2011
    Pounds lost this week: -2
    Total lost: -9
    Left to go: 41

PHEW!!! This one was a toughie this week - too much going on!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WickedMcCool. Show WickedMcCool's posts

I just realized that I've been treating myself to iced coffees at work during the afternoon for the last week or so.  Hmmm, I'm now certain that this also has to do with the zero weight loss this week!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]I just realized that I've been treating myself to iced coffees at work during the afternoon for the last week or so.  Hmmm, I'm now certain that this also has to do with the zero weight loss this week!
    Posted by WickedMcCool[/QUOTE]

That will do it - switch to Decaf/skim milk/Fat free 1/2 & 1/2 - that might help~!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Thanks for all the advice, guys -- you're a very sweet group!  (Or a sweet bunch o' bananas, perhaps? :)

I think for me last week it comes down to that trap that "birthday season" brings -- everyone's having cake, and I'll of course not have cake, but maybe I'll have an extra sugarfree fudgcicle (or 2).  Or everyone's having chips, and what could one or two hurt.  No one little cheat causes a problem, but they add up.  It's neglecting the "mindful eating". 

So I just have to pay closer attention -- and get through all these birthdays -- 5 in the next 4 weeks!  (And most of those I have to do the cooking for.)

Thanks again for the support system!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

See, I say eat the small sliver of cake.

Then you won't be hitting up the popsicles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

EES - MINI CUPCAKES! I find they can be the answer to this dillema many a time.

If you want to indulge just a bit? Usually they're only 70-100 calories a pop. And for those that love em? Let them eat 25! You can also spell out bday wishes by putting one letter on each and arranging on a platter.  Maybe frost some, not others, even make a few 'diet friendly' by making them low fat and skipping the frosting for some light whip cream.  For me, it's been nice for the bdays I've cooked for in the last couple months because I make a small batch of gluten free so I don't have to awkwardly and sadly sit out the celebration.  It's also great portion control - you can get very accurate estimates of the calories per cupcake... but it's tough to decide just how harmless that 'sliver' of cake is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from softpatina. Show softpatina's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's a pretty solid theory. Your body naturally goes into "famine" mode. I'm also a believer in the "shock" phenomenon, where if you eat the same kinds of (healthy) things every day, then shock your body with a big "special occasion" meal every now and again (think holidays), your metabolism will get a jolt and when you go back to your regular eating pattern, you will actually see a loss in the following 2-3 weeks where you may have been plateauing prior to the special occasion meal.

I've found this to be very true. I've even done an every other day kind of diet and found I've lost weight over time. I will be really good for a few days, then allow a treat or two, then go back to it again. I think it's like exercise...you do better if you mix it up a bit.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

UPDATE:

Goal: -30 from starting date
    Starting date: 07/01/2011
    Goal date: 10/01/11
    Pounds lost this week: 0
    Total lost: 2
    Left to go: 28
    Total lost since February 2010: 17

Nothing again!  Better than going up but I hope I don't sit out on this plateau for very long!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

Saidwhat - you know "they" say that gaining is easy, losing is easy it's staying the same that's the hard part of dieting - so really you're just practicing for when you've reached your goal!

Yeah, yeah yeah - but I'm in a good mood today so I'm filling the cheerleader role!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

[QUOTE]Saidwhat - you know "they" say that gaining is easy, losing is easy it's staying the same that's the hard part of dieting - so really you're just practicing for when you've reached your goal! Yeah, yeah yeah - but I'm in a good mood today so I'm filling the cheerleader role!
    Posted by JTB8773[/QUOTE]

Some people find it helpful to plot their weekly progress on a graph.  That way, you get a better "stock market" kind of picture of where you're headed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saidwhat. Show Saidwhat's posts

Thanks JTB.  You make a great cheerleader!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

[QUOTE]Some people find it helpful to plot their weekly progress on a graph.  That way, you get a better "stock market" kind of picture of where you're headed.

25. This post has been removed.