Things We Wanted To Say To Other Commuters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Re: Things We Wanted To Say To Other Commuters

MA Rules of the Road dictate "extend no Common Courtesies."
    • If you see a vehicle on the ramp approaching entry to the highway, speed up and effectively block access.
    • When in moving bumper to bumper traffic, refuse to ease back to allow easy on-ramp access.  This will ensure that the car is forced to continue forward in the breakdown lane or failing that, will cause that vehicle to slow or stop dangerously at the bottom of the on-ramp.
    • When the roads are clear and/or there is no traffic in the passing lane, do not pull over.  Watch the fun as the driver on the ramp vacillates between speeding up and slowing down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckcall. Show luckcall's posts

To all the people who race off of the Commuter Rail train, jump in their cars and go flying out of the parking lot as if the place is on fire, remember that some people don't shell out the $4 every day and WALK. When you are whipping out of the lot, we are trying to cross to get home and if you are getting picked up by someone, don't have that person wait right near the exit and then go bombing out! If you are in that much of a hurry, leave work earlier!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Things We Wanted To Say To Other Commuters:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and to every minivan driver that has ever cut me off thinking that their vehicle has enough pick-up.  IT DOESN'T.  It's a minivan, not a Maserati.
    Posted by wizen[/QUOTE]
    I hate mini-vans more than anything in this world. I hate them more than brussel sprouts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

[QUOTE]Rubber-neckers!!! 'Nuff Said!!! Just mind your business and DRIVE.
    Posted by suigneriss[/QUOTE]

OMG, THIS!!!  The wife and I got caught in a miles-long traffic backup on our way back from P-Town last October...for (believe it or not) somebody's Halloween decorations in their front yard in Wellfleet.  F'n SERIOUSLY, people?!  They're Halloween decorations, which you all are going to put up whe *you* get home!  The backup would have made sense if there was a bloody murder scene on the grass...but noooooooo!

Disclaimer:  This *was* Route 6, given...but you expect traffic delays there in the summer, during prime tourist season.  I mean, really, now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

[QUOTE]To all the people who race off of the Commuter Rail train, jump in their cars and go flying out of the parking lot as if the place is on fire, remember that some people don't shell out the $4 every day and WALK. When you are whipping out of the lot, we are trying to cross to get home and if you are getting picked up by someone, don't have that person wait right near the exit and then go bombing out! If you are in that much of a hurry, leave work earlier!!
    Posted by luckcall[/QUOTE]

You don't, by any chance, live in Salem, too, do you?  This bugs me about the parking lot at the rail station there as well.  Makes it nearly impossible to get out around them if you drove there yourself (which my wife does every day - I walk, because I leave later than she does). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yikahs. Show Yikahs's posts

Folks on the Red Line -

That empty seat is about 18 inches wide.  Your *ss is at least 3 times that.  The seat doesn't magically widen when approached by your polyester-covered butt.  

Get off my lap! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ditto orange line...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SUFan45. Show SUFan45's posts

Hey lady- I'm sure your book/paper is very interesting but can you stop reading while exiting the train, walking up the stairs, etc.?  I'm tired of trying get past you to get out of the station. And I know you are capable of walking up the escalator stairs (I see you on the stairmaster at the gym) but you clearly feel the need ignore everyone behind you and continue reading. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

"So you know all those signs that said FAST LANE ONLY as you approach the toll plaza? Right. If you don't have Fast Lane, don't stay in those lanes until 10 feet before the toll booths. All those people stopped in the middle lanes? Yep, they also do not have Fast Lane. You didn't, excuse the pun, pull a fast one and figure out something they didn't know. Instead, you infuriated dozens of people behind you who now have to stop and wait while you hope that a soul who did wait in that long line takes pity on you and lets you merge."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VTexpat. Show VTexpat's posts

"Hey 93/95 geniuses. We have this problem EVERY DAY. I am SICK of being the only adult on the road! ZIPPER! it should work like a ZIPPER! It actually works if you're not all "me first! me first!" 5 seconds could save everyone 30 minutes of traffic jam!!"

"I understand honking at the one moron. I do it often. HOWEVER, i totally and completely FAIL TO UNDERSTAND how repeatedly and unrelentingly laying on your horn when faced with traffic backed up out of sight will do ANYTHING but MAKE IT WORSE!!! It's not like there's one person up at the front dozing off who goes "oh my! are they honking at me? Oh look! my light's green! I'm such an idiot". SERIOUSLY!?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VTexpat. Show VTexpat's posts

one more...

"Hey, mangey little hipster. yeah, you on the bike with OUT the helmet aimlessly swerving as you bike the WRONG WAY down a ONE WAY street BY A SCHOOL that's getting let out in into 2+/- lanes of traffic and 2 lanes of parking cars... PULL UP YOUR PANTS!!!!!" you have no idea how badly i want to keep a paddle in my car. If only he were biking the correct way so I could ease up behind him....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nice-guy-eddie. Show nice-guy-eddie's posts

"Hey you, the girl with the brown hair and black yoga pants who jumped on the Orange Line at Ruggles. Yeah, you're probably one of those Northeastern students. Those pants? They are WORKING for you. Just thought you would like confirmation."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

[QUOTE]one more... "Hey, mangey little hipster. yeah, you on the bike with OUT the helmet aimlessly swerving as you bike the WRONG WAY down a ONE WAY street BY A SCHOOL that's getting let out in into 2+/- lanes of traffic and 2 lanes of parking cars... PULL UP YOUR PANTS!!!!!" you have no idea how badly i want to keep a paddle in my car. If only he were biking the correct way so I could ease up behind him....
    Posted by VTexpat[/QUOTE]

Oh man - hipsters in skinny jeans hanging down below their butts.  What's up with that?  Hipster boy, do you think you look gangsta?  Guess what - you don't.  And gangsta white boy, with the big baggy pants hanging down below your non-existent white butt, the unlaced Timberland boots and the flat-brimmed cap:  YOU ARE NOT A F'ING GANGSTA!!!  YOU ARE A POSEUR!!!  Get that through your thick WASPy skull, boy.  And to the black and Latino gangsta poseurs, same deal.  And what's with the excessive tattoos on your neck and drawn like long sleeves on your arms, what's that look?  The "I never EVER want to have a job" look?  And don't get me started on the tackle box you have going in your face...

And they look at *me* strange because I wear a Utilikilt - at least MY butt is covered!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Hey lady--yeah, YOU in the big red SUV pulling out of the supermarket parking lot.  See all those signs and arrows on the road saying you can ONLY go RIGHT??  AND the traffic light, that happens to be RED?
    It wasn't bad enough you had to tangle traffic turning LEFT there, but you ran a red light doing it.
    Oh, wait, excuse me.  I forgot that all the traffic laws were written to keep everyone else out of your way.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

wow.............. not really shocked though.  The things I see on the T is just appalling.... and baby mama's are the worse.  they block the doors, text their friends while baby screams, all while on the train on rush hour and it is apparant they don't have a job, just out shopping for the day.  On our dime I'm sure.

[QUOTE]My friend posted this on FB a few days ago. Felt truly bad for li'l boy next to me on T this am who was clearly sick. My issue is he was coughing like crazy (not dry cough–phlegm clearly flying) & not covering his mouth. Given he was coughing in my direction I politely said to his mom “I’m really sorry your li'l guy is sick, I just got over a cold myself & would so appreciate if he could cover his mouth when he coughs?” Her response – “F off”. Nice parenting.
    Posted by Sally-[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts