Things We Wanted To Say To Other Commuters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Re: Things We Wanted To Say To Other Commuters

To the guy cleaning out his ears with a pencil in traffic the other day --
    eww, just ewwww!

And don't act so darn surprised when the left lane you're in turns into a LEFT TURN ONLY lane.  Hello?  This is Boston.   Be prepared.  And don't look at me like I MADE YOU CHOOSE IT.  Harrumph.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlr0023. Show hlr0023's posts

Dear Mr Loud Commuter, I know whatever you're discussing with your friend is interesting to you, but how about you use your inside voice and not bother the rest of the train....oh and did I mention that its 6:30 in the morning and some of us want some freaking peace and quiet?????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlr0023. Show hlr0023's posts

Dear jerk pushing past me to get off the train....I understand that you're in a rush, but why is it that after I get to the parking lot, wait 10 mins for the rush to pass and drive away, you're still freaking sitting there waiting to be picked up?  So you push past me every day to rush to the corner and wait?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

To the girl with the stroller the size of a hummer on the bus who gave dirty looks to everyone who had to CLIMB over your hummer stroller wheels, get an umbrella stroller, hold your baby and fold your stroller or better yet, take the bus when it is not rush hour and people are trying to get to work!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Oh, and to every minivan driver that has ever cut me off thinking that their vehicle has enough pick-up.  IT DOESN'T.  It's a minivan, not a Maserati.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72. Show a3888b5accef493a59715074b2eb8c72's posts

"And STOP pushing me over to RUN up the stairs before the train has come to a complete stop on the platform."

I think I've found my people!  The difference is, I actually say these things.

Once, a guy was pushing past me and I pushed back.  he was incredulous that anyone would push HIM and started loudly telling me he was going to beat the ish out of me.  So I motioned to the bench, put down my bag, took off my coat and told him that I didn't have all day and could he please get on with beating the ish out of me.

He retreated to the stairs.

Another time, there was a big kid blocking both doors at Wollaston and he wouldn't move for anyone.  Something was clearly not right with this one.  But he had his gym bag between his feet that were spread wide for maximum door-blockage.  So I simply kicked his bag out onto the platform.  By the time he retrieved it and turned around, I was lost in the crowd.

Lately, I find myself yelling at slow-@$$ drivers on the way to work, but as tempted as I am to pass in a no-passing zone, we invariably come around a corner and there's a cop waiting there.  It makes me fume, but it's also saved me on tickets and insurance premiums.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Didn't need to vent this today, but it happens often enough that I want to get it off my chest:

TO ALL THE PUBLIC NOSEPICKERS:

Please STOP!!!  It's disgusting!!  Really, just deal with the nose nugget until you can get to a restroom and go nasal sperlunking in private.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Looks like the LL pitchfork mob are After McRob

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

To all the BMW drivers out there who seem to think that owning a Beemer excuses them from the responsibility of driving correctly:

YO!!!!  Self-important preppy hosebeast!  Yes, you - just because you drive an overpriced status symbol does NOT mean you can blow through red lights at your pleasure!  And believe me, if I find your car, it's getting righteously keyed, f---wad!!!

(No kidding - first traffic accident ever was because I had to screech to a halt for some d*ck in a Beemer who couldn't be bothered to stop on red, like you're supposed to do, and I got rear-ended by another d*ck in an '80s-vintage T-Bird.  This incident, in 1989, cost me $1100 in body work on my first car and left me without a vehicle for 3 weeks.  I was one very unhappy Wolfie.  Never did get to key the jerk's car - either one of them, both would have righteously deserved it.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainfriday. Show captainfriday's posts

Lady, are you freakin' retarted??? At your advanced age, I find it hard to believe this your first rush hour subway ride. WE ARE PACKED IN HERE, NUTZ TO BUTTZ!!! And your saying "excuse me,..excuse me" and trying to make your way to the door in between stops??? AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's South Station, HALF OF US ARE GETTING OFF, ONCE THE TRAIN STOPS AND THE DOORS OPEN!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In Response to Re: Things We Wanted To Say To Other Commuters:
    [QUOTE]To all the BMW drivers out there who seem to think that owning a Beemer excuses them from the responsibility of driving correctly: YO!!!!  Self-important preppy hosebeast!  Yes, you - just because you drive an overpriced status symbol does NOT mean you can blow through red lights at your pleasure!  And believe me, if I find your car, it's getting righteously keyed, f---wad!!! (No kidding - first traffic accident ever was because I had to screech to a halt for some d*ck in a Beemer who couldn't be bothered to stop on red, like you're supposed to do, and I got rear-ended by another d*ck in an '80s-vintage T-Bird.  This incident, in 1989, cost me $1100 in body work on my first car and left me without a vehicle for 3 weeks.  I was one very unhappy Wolfie.  Never did get to key the jerk's car - either one of them, both would have righteously deserved it.)
    Posted by redwolf68[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.  I have a few "rules of the road" that I use when driving.  One of them is "Get as far away as possible from any BMW, because the driver WILL do something stupid".  They all seem to think because they bought "the ultimate driving machine" that they are the greatest drivers in the world, and traffic rules are just there to get everyone else out of their way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

How about -

"You're not really going to wipe that on the pole, are you?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

nasal sperlunking
    I love it. 

Hey lil ole lady with the two bags on the seat next to you:  The train is pretty crowded.  Normally, I would ask you to move your bags, but I found another seat before it got really crowded.  Then, since you were getting off at the same stop, I shoved you and your bags outta my way.  Cause that's how I roll...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarketSurfer. Show MarketSurfer's posts

You with the half truck, half car, or suburban pickup 4x4 off road model,  didn't your vehicle come equipped with Shocks and springs?? My little Jetta did, that's why i don't have to slow down to 5 MPH for that tiny little speed bump. . .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

To the MBTA.  Bad enough to have to work on a Holiday and yes there are a lot of us, then please explain why trains are on regular schedule but buses are on a Saturday????  Waited 25 minutes and the bus was packed with people like me that have to work.  You do know lots of people take the bus to get to the TRAINS???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from suigneriss. Show suigneriss's posts

Rubber-neckers!!! 'Nuff Said!!! Just mind your business and DRIVE.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

To tag onto Suig's rubbernecking post:

Folks.  There are no bodies.  Promise.  Nothing to see here.  Just keep moving.  Your "jerk-start/stop/OMG is that a body!" driving is just going to cause another accident. 

Oh - and do NOT swerve into my lane because the ambulance has blocked YOUR lane and you were too freakin' blind to see those whirly red lights from a mile to a half-mile back on a straight stretch of road!  That will cause another accident.  Especially if you flip me the bird when I lay on the horn to let you know I'm in the lane you're cutting into, 'cause I *will* not move my 12 year old car.  Your car is newer and shinier than mine; it's gonna hurt more in your pocketbook to repair your Beemer or massive SUV than mine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

And you know those really LONG on-ramps that give you access to highways like Route 93?  You know what those LONG on-ramps are for?

So you can pick up speed and ENTER THE HIGHWAY AT THE SPEED OF TRAFFIC, you morons!  There is no yield sign so you don't have to slow down (nor is there is no STOP sign)!  It doesn't mean you should be driving 25 miles an hour as you enter the slow lane - you had *all* of that room with a long on-ramp and you can't even manage to double your speed to 50mph?  Just get outta my way, you twit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nice-guy-eddie. Show nice-guy-eddie's posts

"Yeah, you went to the Marathon and this is the only time you use the train all year except for First Night. Get up off the stairs and out of my damn way or your smug 22-year-old face will get a size 12 heelprint right down the middle."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

[QUOTE]And you know those really LONG on-ramps that give you access to highways like Route 93?  You know what those LONG on-ramps are for? So you can pick up speed and ENTER THE HIGHWAY AT THE SPEED OF TRAFFIC , you morons!  There is no yield sign so you don't have to slow down (nor is there is no STOP sign)!  It doesn't mean you should be driving 25 miles an hour as you enter the slow lane - you had *all* of that room with a long on-ramp and you can't even manage to double your speed to 50mph?  Just get outta my way, you twit.
    Posted by LWhitt58[/QUOTE]

I dislike the morons that travel in the right lane and as you attempt to enter the highway, they get right up on your rear quarter and then stay there--they won't go by, and won't give you enough room to move into the lane.  Doesn't matter how much you speed up or slow down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I live near a terribly busy road and people constantly use my street as a shortcut to Longwood Medical Area, even though it's a tightly packed residential area.  My driveway just happens to have poor line of sight in either direction.  When I take my car instead of the T and try to back out slowly into the road, inevitably there is some a**hole using my street as a cut through, ingnoring the "sharp turn" and "road narrows" signs and nearly blasting into the side of my car as they try to get ahead of traffic.  Happens every time I drive during commute time. 

My point?  If you're commuting to work could you please consider the safety of the residents whose neighborhoods you're travelling in?  I (and others) shouldn't have to fear for our lives because you're using our road as a cut through to avoid a traffic light. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nice-guy-eddie. Show nice-guy-eddie's posts

You got on the train somewhere around Forge park, since you have a Zone 6 pass. You could have chosen a two-seater and had it all to yourself. But by the time the train gets to me in Readville, the outer edge of the three-seater will be filled by someone, and today it was me. And then when you get off at Ruggles, the yard sale begins and you get all annoyed as we have to do-si-do around each other in the aisle. Next time, just take a two-seater, it's an early train, nobody will sit next to you. You've probably been commuting for 20+ years, you don't know this?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

[QUOTE]And you know those really LONG on-ramps that give you access to highways like Route 93?  You know what those LONG on-ramps are for? So you can pick up speed and ENTER THE HIGHWAY AT THE SPEED OF TRAFFIC , you morons!  There is no yield sign so you don't have to slow down (nor is there is no STOP sign)!  It doesn't mean you should be driving 25 miles an hour as you enter the slow lane - you had *all* of that room with a long on-ramp and you can't even manage to double your speed to 50mph?  Just get outta my way, you twit.
    Posted by LWhitt58[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha!  This is totally a MA thing.  A few years back I was having a dicsussion with someone about driving on the Interstate's here in MA and we came to the conclusion that the normal rules of the road don't apply here.

Everywhere else, the entrance ramps are for getting up to speed and exit ramps for slowing down from full speed.  Not here in MA.  The entrance ramps here are for getting ready to get up to speed - which you actually do in the far right lane.   Once you do get up to speed here, you shift over to the center lane.  That's why you can drive on most highways around here and everyone is backed up in the center lane.