Thursday, 11/10 - When Raccoons Attack

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Re: Thursday, 11/10 - When Raccoons Attack

GMV, there is no 'eventually' about the raccoons, possums, skunks, rats and feral cats finding our trash.  They are all well-established nuisances in our neighborhood.  Our landlords only recently started putting tight-fitting covers on the apartment trash bins.

I just want them to stop having Vermin Fight Club outside my window.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I love that idea...moderated by racoons. I can see the food fight already.

Re the returnables, the municipal programs consider them their property if they are put out for a municipal pickup. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday, 11/10 - When Raccoons Attack:
    I just want them to stop having Vermin Fight Club outside my window.
    Posted by diamondgirl

I am pretty sure you just violated the first rule of Vermin Fight Club.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Rabies!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaptainfriday. Show kaptainfriday's posts

I love raccoons!

They taste like chicken.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I hear ya, Diamond. Vermin Fight Club. Maybe the covers will help. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Well, I am not IN Vermin Fight Club, so I can rat (haha) them out to anyone with an air rifle who feels like some target practice. 

While you are at it, feel free to take out the squirrels who dig up my flower bulbs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

When I lived in NY, we used to see a group of racoons swimming & relaxing in our pool at night.  Also would find the same rock by the pool -- they would use it to open food (they're omnivores, so I'm guessing they used it to open nuts).

Tool use shows a heck of a lot of intelligence, so it's pretty hard to stay one step ahead of them.  A million years from now, maybe they'll be running the show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

http://www.wildlife-education-center.com/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

IT WASN'T A RACCOON, IT WAS A BABY!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday, 11/10 - When Raccoons Attack:
    I love raccoons! They taste like chicken.
    Posted by kaptainfriday

I love the gentle armadillo. It tastes like Hansen's Disease.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Eddy, I want you for Christmas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redwolf68. Show redwolf68's posts

Ah, the local wildlife - we had raccoons when I lived in Memphis, and I've seen skunks here and also out in Spokane.  Best of all was the foxes in London - you'd just catch a glimpse of a shadowy, canine-looking beast that was obviously not a neighbourhood dog skulking between parked cars, there and quickly gone.

Sections
Shortcuts