To: BDCMod1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

Re: To: BDCMod1

Also, Eddie:  Thanks!  Imagine that, to think I don't have a college degree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I am posting this from next week, so glad to see it's all fixed!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

Thanks, Porkchophyphen, I didn't understand a word of that. But could you please tell BackBayBabe and everyone else why the mods (who only handle abuse reports) and Meredith (who is a reporter) would be incapable of knowing this and fixing it?

Thank you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

LOL, who gosh darnit is BDCdottie? and how do i get her job and NOT her panties...thank you very much

sheesh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

"The rest of the interview will be centaur questions."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

McRob, you are thinking of Miss Conduct.

3B -- Dottie sometimes hangs out here:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10091

Porkchophyphen -- Your reply to me is posting ahead of my question, and each time I come here, the comments are in a different order. How can you people NOT find this hilarious?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

Here's the translation for the tech-illiterate: some of BDC's computers can figure out when daylight savings time is and some cannot.  

And as far as Meredith and the mods are concerned: nobody thinks it's your fault, but failing to acknowledge it to your audience for three days while your blog goes straight into the crapper is a bit ridiculous. Meredith posting a single sentence like "sorry about the comment problems, I've been told they're trying to fix it" would have gone a long way. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

How can you people NOT find this hilarious?

The people who post here are funnier than any damnable blog error - WHEN we can talk to each other.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

Stebbie: Once again, that's feedback@boston.com.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Some kind of acknowledgement would of been nice rather that the old - not my job man - comment. I know it isn't your job but I would of hoped that somebody would ride herd on whoever's job it is. Or else give Porkchop a chance. He seems, at the very least, to have a plausable explanation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

The irony of this conversation amuses me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

Thanks mod, however I was responding directly to your comments. Which is why I wouldn't send that message to that email, that would be stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

Bzorn, perhaps you missed it. I did post an acknowledgement today. And I was roundly bashed for doing so.

Stebbie, as I said, if you have a complaint about BDC, you are welcome to write to customer service. I will not be debating with you in public.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

None of my above comments requested you to debate. If you can't stop yourself from replying to the statements I make that's your problem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

And I guess we're far removed from the days when discussions about technical/moderation issues should be "moved to the forums" eh? Looks like all chit-chat about BDC's Retro 1997 Blog should be sent directly to the email above.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMod1. Show BDCMod1's posts

You folks are welcome to stay here and talk about technical/moderation issues all you want. I'd rather you did it here than on the blog, which is supposed to be about the letter writer.

But I'm not staying. It stopped being fun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I figured all this crazy time warp posting is happening BECAUSE SOMEONE'S TRYING TO ANNOY ME! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4376881. Show user_4376881's posts

I am not kvetching, just offering a possible explanation to the issue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: To: BDCMod1:
    You folks are welcome to stay here and talk about technical/moderation issues all you want. I'd rather you did it here than on the blog, which is supposed to be about the letter writer.    But I'm not staying. It stopped being fun.
    Posted by BDCMod1

I feel all the kvetchers should pay their .99 trial offer fee. (I subscribe to the print edition.)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

BYE MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Dammit I always miss him!  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts