Todays LW: Thinking about my first boyfriend. Comment section alternative

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nosie Nellie. Show Nosie Nellie's posts

Re: Todays LW: Thinking about my first boyfriend. Comment section alternative

How much older was your first boyfriend?
    Was/is he a deviant?
    Why did your parent/parents let you date some creepy older guy who by the age of 16 you had been with for over a year leading you to feel trapped?
    Are you the kind of girl who always HAS to have a boyfriend?
    Why are you so afraid of not having a boyfriend?
    What do your friends have to say about this - or have you ignored all female relationships since you were first 14 and first discovered boys?

Is this guy Justin Beiber?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

LW

please do yourself a favor and skip dating ANYONE for a while... you need to understand what its like to be in a real reltionship without bed hopping from one guy to another.

you'll be in many more rodeos, trust me. these two guys arent going to be the be-all-end-all.

stop dating these two and grow up some. IF, and only IF down the line you and C still feel the ultimate attraction, well then, work on being exclusive iwth one another. until then work on yourself

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutdoorChick. Show OutdoorChick's posts

Is this a "want what you can't have" issue? NO. It's a love triangle. You want both guys. Both guys want you. The only way out of the situation is to pick one guy, stick with that choice, and completely let the other guy go. Trying to be friends won't work, because he wants to be more than friends.

If you want my advice it's this -- stick with J and erase C from your life - and that includes your online life. Eventually you'll quit thinking about him often. Someday you'll reach a point where you think of him only once in a while, and it won't hurt by then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nosie Nellie. Show Nosie Nellie's posts

Is this what its like to be from Canadia?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rico-Gears-not-Gas. Show Rico-Gears-not-Gas's posts

Rico calls this being 19...write back in 5-7 years or after you have finished dating the remainder of the alphabet and also took some time to be ALONE!!!

Love always,

Rico

Gears not Gas

Rico finds it interesting the comments don't work on LL but they are up and running fine on other sections of the site...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Negative Nellie. Show Negative Nellie's posts

This will never work out!   
    You are doooooommmmmmmmed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderNoWiser. Show OlderNoWiser's posts

Not that anybody including the LW will read this, but at LEAST there is a comment box.  This LW needs to refrain from asking questions until she is at least at "X,Y,Z."  She may be self aware and all that, but she's starting out on a long road of paralysis by over-analysis and a life of discontent.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Negative Nellie. Show Negative Nellie's posts

In response to Todays LW: Thinking about my first boyfriend. Comment section alternative:
    [QUOTE]

Rico calls this being 19...write back in 5-7 years or after you have finished dating the remainder of the alphabet and also took some time to be ALONE!!!

Love always,

Rico

Gears not Gas

Rico finds it interesting the comments don't work on LL but they are up and running fine on other sections of the site...

[/QUOTE]

Its a conspiracy!  They are out to get us all!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoVa. Show MoVa's posts

I'm a little creeped out by how much older C was then the then 17 year old LW.
    Honey, 10 years from now, you will realize that he was/is a creep too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Dear I Left Him,

First of all, you need to break up with J.  Just end it and let him find someone who will be happy with him.  

Secondly, you need to be alone for a while.  You are a young woman who is just beginning to figure out who you are in this world, and I think a little alone time could help you figure out your feelings about things.  

Third, DONT GO BACK TO C.  You know it wasn't right.  Keep him in the past where he belongs. 

Lastly, there are more men in this world than just C & J!  You have other options!!  Go find one!

Sincerely,
    AJ

PS...

I'm sorry BDC royally messed up the comments section for you today.  I hope you see this thread.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

"Your last relationship haunts you because it was your first. C was older and larger than life. He always will be."

^^^THIS!

LW, I thought about my first love for... longer than I'd like to admit.  But it wasn't really him I was thinking about - it was the idea of him, and how I felt to be in love for the first time.  I think that is what is going on here.  You don't really wanthim back.  You want that adrenaline rush of first love back.

As for the right guy wrong time bit - it happens.  But, here's the thing - when you ARE ready for a serious relationship, odds are you will be a different person than you were when you were dating C... or J.  And when you're at that point that you're ready to settle down there's a good chance that neither C nor J will be the right guy for you.  You'll have grown and developed a greater sense of yourself, and the things you wanted and were attracted to when you were a teenager might not be the same as when you're in your 20s, or 30s, or 40s.  Believe me on this - I speak from experience.  My first love is a wonderful guy, and great husband and loving father, but the thought of me being married to him doesn't fill me with regret.  Instead, I feel like our breakup was the best for both of us.  On the flip side, while now Mr. Cent is the guy for me, I don't think he and I would have been a good match when we were teenagers or college students.

So, stop angsting :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In response to Todays LW: Thinking about my first boyfriend. Comment section alternative:
    [QUOTE]I'm a little creeped out by how much older C was then the then 17 year old LW.
    Honey, 10 years from now, you will realize that he was/is a creep too.[/QUOTE]

Unless she's like Linda Blair who's still pining for Rick Springfield.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gotham77. Show gotham77's posts

This is annoying. I don't think I'm going to bother participating in this any more.

I know, I know...I won't be missed by all of you.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from The Archangel Michael. Show The Archangel Michael's posts

" I'm younger than most of your writers. I am 19 but I don't believe that a lack of maturity is an issue in my story."

Uh.  Sorry.  Your belief is unfounded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

When I read that the LW thought she wasn't immature, I sighed and said "oh god, here comes the ramblings of a teenager." And I was right, good god, these are Facebook-level young "love" problems and of course Meredith validates her and tells her how thoughtful and mature she is.  

She probably still measures her age in fractions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hsmbs. Show hsmbs's posts

LW, it's not that C haunts you because he was your first, it's because you only have 2 relationships to compare.  "I think vanilla is better than chocolate" you might say - but then after you've had all of Baskin Robbin's hundreds of flavors, you kind of forget about vanilla. 

Not that I'm advising you to go try 1,000 of flavors - that would be slooty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I don't think the LW is immature... she's just 19.  She sounds mature for her age.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from The Archangel Michael. Show The Archangel Michael's posts

Girls are dumb.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from The Archangel Michael. Show The Archangel Michael's posts

I don't think the LW is immature... she's just 19.  She sounds mature for her age.  

If she was mature, she would have known she was dating a creep/borderline pedophile.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chicken Little. Show Chicken Little's posts

"I haven't been alone in years"

That must've been in middle school.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts