Want to watch more TV Awkwardness?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Want to watch more TV Awkwardness?

MTV has a new show, called "Friendzone", a reality tv show where someone tries to bring a relationship with their best friend to the "next level" on national tv.

I don't know why I watched the first episode other then to torture myself (one of the reasons I don't like The Office because to me it has a lot of awkward humor), because I knew it was going to be awkward.

They take a friend, and they tell their best friend that they are going to go on a blind date for a TV show, and the "best friend" needs to act as a wing man, and then it is sprung on the best friend that there is no blind date, and the date is set up for the two of them.

It's so predictable... and my only question is "Why would you want to get shot down on national TV? Really?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Re: Want to watch more TV Awkwardness?

Anyone who tries to blindside me on national TV is no friend of mine. Of course in order for it to make it to TV the friend would need to sign a release - but I bet they did that when they thought they were the wingman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

I would immediately say "well, I paid b---job money for your dinner, and that's what's gonna happen."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hennymcpenny. Show hennymcpenny's posts

My guess is that they want their 10 mintues of fame no matter how bad it makes them look.

I want to say something about Snookie, but I can't decide what to say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

Only 10 minutes of fame? I would think with inflation we'd be up to 21 minutes at least.

Or did you discount the 15 minutes of fame thing because it's only MTV after all?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hennymcpenny. Show hennymcpenny's posts

"Only 10 minutes of fame? I would think with inflation we'd be up to 21 minutes at least."

If you account for the shortened attention span of the current MTV generation, you'd have to reduce the 21 minutes to around 10 minutes give or take a minute or two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

Next up on ESPN8 ("The Ocho") ... two guys playing catch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hennymcpenny. Show hennymcpenny's posts

If they're tossing around one of the cheerleaders, then you're talking about sweeps week.

Sections
Shortcuts