Wedesnday 11/9 - Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Wedesnday 11/9 - Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream

It had nothing to do with boats to China or laundry, really, but I did dream I put on a toga and ran around in the rain in a flooded neighborhood, helping people save their possessions, until a retired FBI agent named Mike stopped me to tell me my underwear was visible through the wet toga, so I should probably go home and change.

I am dead serious.  After I changed my clothes, we took a bus trip to New Hampshire.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

Re: Wedesnday 11/9 - Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream

That's just silly!  There is no bus service to New Hampshire! Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

One interpretation: you are involved in something IRL that you believe is good and helps people but may make you feel exposed in some way. You took action to feel less exposed and to get into a different environment/state of mind. Mike is your conscience.

Alternative interpretation: you need some new rags and a road trip. Mike will remind you to wear your hat and gloves and fix your speeding tix.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCorvin. Show MrCorvin's posts

Her dream is a reality now then Jim...Boston Express Bus Dot Com

DUNT DUNT DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Right Said Ed. Show Right Said Ed's posts

I'm on the side of "dreams are meaningless." My favorite dream ever was in high school, I remember running, running away from something and then I realized I was running through a huge gulag and some extraordinary prison fighting force was chasing me.  I was nearing exhaustion, when all of a sudden it appeared overhead:

The Run-DMC Helicopter.

It descended toward me in jump cuts synchronized to the percussion beats of "It's Tricky" and then a ladder was thrown down ... at the top of the ladder in the door of the chopper was my buddy's brother (who was, at the time, The White Kid Who Was Into Rap) who said "Stebi, get in."

I woke up laughing and couldn't get back to sleep, it was about 4am.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I want to know why the FBI is keeping an eye on my underwear.  It seems a little Big Brotherish to me.

The rain was awesome, though.  It was raining so hard, and the rain was so warm, it was almost like being in a worldwide shower.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

Who wears underwear underneath a toga?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I guess it is a damn good thing I did, what with the FBI creeping on my flood relief efforts.

And why the FBI?  Could I have not at least dreamed the National Guard?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

Well, since the guy was retired, was it really the FBI keeping an eye on you, or just a creepy guy named Mike.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

No, he was dressed like Fox Mulder, and had all his badges and clearances and stuff.  I didn't believe him when he said he was retired.  He was about 6'5", too.  Not very inconspicuous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-in-Littleton. Show Jim-in-Littleton's posts

Either a.) I don't dream while sleeping or b.) I just don't remember them but I can't recall having had a dream since I was in my early teens.  It's kinda weird when other people discuss their dreams in vivid detail.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Montyy. Show Montyy's posts

Was Mike the FBI agent hot?

I'm imagining that he's hot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

I love crazy dreams. I have them all the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Eh, he was sort of hot, in an overly serious middle-aged guy with no sense of humor way.  Blue eyes, darkish hair, balding a bit.  More hot in an Ed Harris way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I love the toga, given your classics education. 

Perhaps you've seen trailers for the new J. Edgar Hoover movie, which would explain both the FBI and the underwear fixation.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I was barefoot.  In flood water.  Euuuuwwwwwww.

(googles j edgar)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

In Response to Re: Wedesnday 11/9 - Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream:
    [QUOTE]I want to know why the FBI is keeping an eye on my underwear.  It seems a little Big Brotherish to me. The rain was awesome, though.  It was raining so hard, and the rain was so warm, it was almost like being in a worldwide shower.
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they were not from the FBI but from the Mom-Mafia, checking to make sure they were 'clean and neat incase you end up in the hospital'!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

Last night I had a dream I was at Fenway with my dad.  Sherm Feller's voice came booming over the PA "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to Fenway Park."  I don't recall if it was a younger version of me, but it definitely was a replay of the first game I ever attended, in September of '84.  Al Nipper pitched against the Indians.  Dewey got plunked and that got me upset.  Tony Armas hit a 3 run homer.  

Speaking of Ed Harris, I once had to listen to a bunch of fiftysomething women coworkers discuss whether Ed Harris or Mike Rowe was hotter.  :|

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Certain medications have been known to cause bizarre dreams as a side effect,  if your taking anything mention the dreams to your dr if they continue and are out of the ordinary... especially if they disturb you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archangel Michael. Show Archangel Michael's posts

The best dreams I ever had were when I was using a nicotine patch.  It was like being on a Yellow Submarine every night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

In Response to Re: Wedesnday 11/9 - Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream:
    [QUOTE]One interpretation: you are involved in something IRL that you believe is good and helps people but may make you feel exposed in some way. You took action to feel less exposed and to get into a different environment/state of mind.
    Posted by Green-Mountain-Views[/QUOTE]

Like giving advice on a public blog?  And then retreating to the forums that are a little less exposed?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

So my weird dream last night was that I was in an art class, and this guy from a comp sci class I took last year was in the same class, which is odd since he doesn't strike me as the artsy type.  Anyway, before one class I heard that we were going to have a special guest from Doctor Who.  I was all excited!!!  I texted Mr. Cent and he was excited for me.  I was hoping it'd be David Tennant, the show's previous Doctor, but it turned out to be the guitarist who performs on the show's theme.  I was a little disappointed, but I was hoping that we'd end up with Tennant as a surprise guest.  And I think he did show up.

Towards the end of my dream I had all of these paper cut outs I was going to use in a collage.  I managed to spill them all, and I had a hard time getting them to fit back into the storage container.  And I was talking to the art teacher who made some comment that she hoped Tennant and the guitarist would make a significant monetary donation to the program, since they brought in special guests as a way to get them to donate to the school.