What and who else do you enjoy reading here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

What and who else do you enjoy reading here?

I see PC in the News forums, where I first "met" him here, before LL, and always believe his News posts to be thoughtful and well-reasoned. I see JBar and a few others in the Lifestyle features, and believe I saw JBar, JLen, JustQ and JPGal in Miss Manners before LL was created.

Amongst non-LL commenters, I also like redbarchetta (albeit he is far to the right of me, but the young 'un has a head on his shoulders); BenWhite; mrwarmth, and The Detective in the Mirror. You can typically find them in Editorials.

What other sections of the paper do you read regularly? Do you post elsewhere? Outside of our Love Letters Lovelies, do you have any favorite commenters on boston.com?

I typically post in Lifestyles; Arts (especially books and visual art), and Editorials. Once in a great while I'll have a Letter to the Editor published.

Other than Love Letters, what are your favorite sections to read? To post?

I am on my way from PA to WV in just about an hour, but hope to read some of your comments early next week.Smile

Love,

reindeergirl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

Re: What and who else do you enjoy reading here?

RDG,
    I miss the old Commoners forums.  I really liked Dozer, GoSteelers, Para, Shippie, et al... WildOn, you know is still doing his OIPR with a couple of other old regulars.  I wish I knew where SlipperyEel was and some of the others.  Some of them went to Facebook, but I haven't been able to find them all.
    I haven't been over to the opinion pages in a while, although I'll probably get sucked in again at some point.
    I've met some really cool people here, and a few - you included - that I can call my freinds....and JBar really is awesome.
    I also like some of RedBarchetta's stuff.  He puts a lot of thought into his comments.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

PC, the state of these forums in general has left me bereft.

Books used to be so active. XTTO used to make it even livelier. I miss the contributions of greenapplesplatters. Confidential Chat was a lot of fun for me, as the then-youngest member of the group (now Kargiver is the baby of that family), until the appartchiks took it upon themselves to decide what was in and who was out. Apparently I made the mistake of defending Thursby and SlipperyEel, and paid for it - but I'd do it again. As I told the CCers last year, "we are all somebody."

Relationships was hopping in the last decade. I was told greenapplesplatters is here under a new nic, but s/he hasn't come out to me.

I could be wrong, but didn't the forums lose a lot of members when the change was made? Too many mistakes in the new formats (like taking forever for a post to load), and too long to rectify them.

I have a long-time home-blog and group elsewhere that I love, but I've always been fond of the boston.com forums.

Before these electronic pages, I wrote in to CC when it was in print form under the nic Little Olwen (from one of my favorite Welsh myths). A lot of the loyal CCers have either passed away (I wrote to Sir Galahad about one of his childhood experiences, not knowing he'd passed on when my letter was en route; his daughter updated us), or they are simply to weak or sick to post. Pound Foolish, rest her soul, was like a big sister to me. She held my hand through the southbound train of my marriage, and after, when it was over. When I donate to Globe Santa, it is always in her name. When I became a new mother, other CCers offered all kinds of great ideas without pressing their own experiences upon me. They were my pen-pals, but they were also my friends. (We did snail-mail back then.)

I wish the folks who are still alive hadn't left. On a cheerier note (because I know this sounds morose), the NYT forums are alive and well, and TJ and I contribute to the editorial pages there. The LA times is excellent for film & TV.

I don't check the sports forums here on boston.com, but would like to think that with Boston's outstanding teams, there are animated and bright postings there.

And - where's Ken?

Thanks for posting, PC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PowerCord. Show PowerCord's posts

I didn't even think of Ken.  He stuck it out right until the very end when they closed the old Commoners discussions for good.

So many names to remember...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

HI, reindeergirl!

I occasionally post my opinions on the Red Sox, and any historical or archaeological news that comes up, but this is my only regular forum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: What and who else do you enjoy reading here?:
    HI, reindeergirl! I occasionally post my opinions on the Red Sox, and any historical or archaeological news that comes up, but this is my only regular forum.
    Posted by diamondgirl

Oh, I like both of those, diamondgirl. Although I don't post in sports (because I'm an ignoramous about teams), I like your archaelogy interest.

Ex-boyfriend is buying me "Baseball for Dummies." So I'll actually know what I'd doing when I cheer on the Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

It is good to see some of you in Miss Manners today, with your intelligent and helpful comments.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Just never wear pink to the park, RDG, and you are halfway to looking like a real fan.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

No, I can't do that, DG. You are correct. No pink hats at Fenway. :)