what is your snow situation today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHepcat. Show HipHepcat's posts

Re: what is your snow situation today?

Mornin' CHC,

We got about 10" overnight and expecting another 6" or so today, woohoo!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

I'm feeling gypped.  I'm in the northeast corner of MA and we have about 5 inches here.  Some "blizzard of the century" this turned out to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Looks like just under a foot so far, but drifted by the wind. We're just west of Beantown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

I have six birdfeeders and they're as popular today as the grocery store was yesterday.  I'm looking at cardinals, blue jays, nuthatches, titmice, chickadee-dee-dees, house finches and even a flock of pigeons.  I think my suet feeder and my heated birdbath are the big draws.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

IDK... quincy got slammed... I have at least two feet ... its up the my car doors... and because of the plows I probably have a good 3.5 behind my car. Lovely... My cable is out from the snow and my heat isn't working :( I'd say this storm turned out to be pretty nasty for me LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

it sounds completely inappropriate to write I got 7 inches last night, but it's the truth.

Woke up at 6 and shoveled till 7!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I'm north of Boston and we have about a foot.  Hard to tell for sure, because of the wind blown drifts.

Since 2 days ago they said we were gonna get maybe a dusting, instead getting a foot of snow, plus the snow still coming down very heavily right now, is way way more than I signed up for!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JazzyJtotheILL. Show JazzyJtotheILL's posts

my fiance's mom kept laughing at me on Christmas Eve... saying that the south was gonna get slammed with snow... (I live southshore, she lives northshore) .. and low and behold we wake up Christmas morning and she says they are preparing for more snow hahahaha... karma..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

In NY here about 2 miles north of the city. We got about 9" and it looks pretty outside the window. It looks like I will not be able to get into work today. Ain't that a shame. So it is a snow day - hooray and if I had any nuggets at all I would go sleighridding. Heck there is a big hill in my yard so I would nothave to go far. Wish I could invite you all over to the snow and drink warm but seriously alcoholic beverages.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillDeerborn-of-Gilead. Show WillDeerborn-of-Gilead's posts

There was about 6" of VERY heavy wet snow at home when I left this morning. I am at work and here we have a little over a foot of fluffy powder

(did I actually use the word fluffy?)

Roads weren't too bad at 6AM. Very little traffic, plows did a good job. Highway was pretty clear.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to what is your snow situation today?:
    [QUOTE]I have about 4 inches of blowing snow.  Eventually I will get motivated to go out and shovel
    Posted by Corporate-Hippie-Chick[/QUOTE]

I shoveled about 5" of light, fluffy snow last night around 7:30pm, and was woken up to a loud bang this morning at 6:45 - it was the dropping of a plow in our driveway from Wayne, the Neighborly Plow Guy, :-)  who did a bang-up job on getting the majority of drifting snow out of the way in the driveway. 

Went out about 8am and shoveled another 10" of drifting blowy snow that Wayne couldn't get to with his plow (damn, that wind was STRONG and cold!), but it's mostly done.  I'll go out one more time this afternoon to get the last of the blowy snow (plus the stuff that the idiot upstairs swept from his stairs onto my part of the driveway), but that should take care of it.

I'm just thankful I'm off work this week (except for a few hours on Thursday) and have no need to be out on the roads until later this week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: what is your snow situation today?:
    [QUOTE]I'm feeling gypped.  I'm in the northeast corner of MA and we have about 5 inches here.  Some "blizzard of the century" this turned out to be.
    Posted by TheRealJBar[/QUOTE]

REALLY, JBar?  You got a LOT less than me - and I'm further inland than you.  I thought the coast was supposed to get hit pretty hard - I guess the entire storm shifted west and dumped on us instead.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: what is your snow situation today?:
    [QUOTE]it sounds completely inappropriate to write I got 7 inches last night, but it's the truth. Woke up at 6 and shoveled till 7!!
    Posted by johnny1963[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Sean I'm still laughing at your post on LL this morning.  I feel honored to be teased by you - it's like I hit the big leagues!

Oh, and LWhitt you were my Christmas elf.  You saved our dinner, thanks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

I'm very glad I could help, JBar - I hope the beef roast came out perfectly! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

The snow has stopped in Boston, but the temp has dropped and the wind is blowing so it was a very brisk walk with the dogs.  But I have to say, Suzy LOVES the snow.  She didn't want to come back - even with all the slippin' n slidin'.  We definitely have over a foot in Boston (assuming Somerville is the same, as they haven't lifted the snow emergency yet).

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Honeyes. Show Honeyes's posts

I got about 18 inches in my town.  Oh yeah and then had to come into work because even though it was a state of emergency, I don't work for the government according to my bosses. And they decided that even though we have access to work from home we still had to come in which is amusing since the whole department is pretty much working from home. So now I get to sit at work doing nothing because UPS isn't going anywhere and all of our brokers are closed. Now I get to sit here in Quincy until they decide I've played on the internet enough today and send me home lol.

But the highways are clear atleast :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Snowiest December in 40 years in my neck of the woods in Germany but at least there was no new snow today (yet).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

Aw Sean, that explains why I never get invited to your parties.  And all this time I thought it was because your wife found out about us. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

And yes, LWhitt the roast beast came out beautifully, thanks again!

25. This post has been removed.