What kind of "friend" says this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

Re: What kind of "friend" says this?

In Response to Re: What kind of "friend" says this?:
    [QUOTE]Dimmy, Feelings and relationships exist in the conceptual and the abstract.  One can't control to whom one is attracted, just can control what you do with the attraction.  All that stuff exists in the subconscious.  Asking why abou this behavior is like asking for closure, and you appear to have a more significant left brain than right, which is fine.  Just remember, logic does not work with the conceptual, the abstract and feelings, nor with closure. Closure is a concept, you may be looking for it, but forgetaboutit. . . seldom happens but you can rationalize one. . .   he's immature and a jerk. However, that's putting the blame on him, and the only person you can control is you.  So I recommend a 12 step program of love and relationship therapy. . . Hug 12 LL friends IRL, drink 12 margaritas at the rattlesnake.  take 12 days this summer to vacation. . .  talk to 12 other new guys. . . marketsurfer. . .
    Posted by MarketSurfer[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Market! I actually took a test a while ago - 60% left brain, 40% right brain, so good call!

The only thing I blame him for is making promises he never intended to keep to keep me as his perpetual back up plan. Other than that, hey - if the guy doesn't want a friend like me, there are plenty of people who do. :-)

I like your 12 step program - I think I'll start it this weekend!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink. Show ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink's posts

[QUOTE]IDMWIT - I wanted to say that it sounds like your friend is either so very clueless or just so self-centered he can't fathom how his words affect you, because he's just so busy thinking bout himself.  Then I read you two parted ways...I think, too, for the best.  How one-sided this friendship seems, with no considerations given to you and your own feelings.  As time passes, people reveal more and more of themselves and their "intentions"...and it sounds like you've just seen all you really need to see (or hear, in this case).  I'm sorry you lost a long-time companion - it still hurts, no matter the circumstance. 
    Posted by MsWoman[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, MsWoman - it does indeed hurt, but it's already feeling better every day. Distance and time will heal this wound for sure. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What kind of "friend" says this? : Nope, no words. Just a personal resolution to move on. He sent me a bunch of texts yesterday. I feel like he can sense when I'm tiring of him, and tries to pull me back in. It's not working this time. I answered cordially and casually, which will be the extent of any future communications.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink[/QUOTE]

Ah, then you're training in the LL drama vortex is complete.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What kind of "friend" says this? : Nope, no words. Just a personal resolution to move on. He sent me a bunch of texts yesterday. I feel like he can sense when I'm tiring of him, and tries to pull me back in. It's not working this time. I answered cordially and casually, which will be the extent of any future communications.
    Posted by ItDoesntMatterWhatIThink[/QUOTE]

Good for you.  And perhaps next time, no response at all would be an even better thing.  ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Dimmy,

Bob Dylan wrote:

Ain't no use turning on your light babe
    I'm on the dark side of the road.

I hope you made it to that dark side because as hard as it is some folks just like to get you close enough to hurt you and then when you pull back as any would do they try to pull you back. I do hope that you can turn your collar up against the blizzardy wind and move on down the road.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

I have to agree with bzorn.  And sometimes people use others as toys.  There's one sign of the zodiac (I won't say which one) and it's said the men of this sign always look like they're gazing deeply into their partner's eyes, when truly they're just trying to look at the reflection of themselves.  It sounds like this guy is one of those.  This guy doesn't know how to be a true friend, and perhaps this friendship has run its course.  Not all friends are meant to be friends for life. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ursulagirl. Show Ursulagirl's posts

I just read this thread, stopped in the midddle and called my best friend to see how she is doing handling a difficult time and to show that I care about her.
    Thanks for reminding me how great it was to leave the drama friends behind and find a friend who truly cares.

I really don't miss the old days. The lonely days let me meet friends that are far better for my sanity!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebestisyet2be. Show thebestisyet2be's posts

sounds to me like your friend is getting the idea you have feelings for him, and he might be trying to clarify that he doesnt feel the same.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrissyBoBissy. Show KrissyBoBissy's posts

[QUOTE]The guy is a -putz. No wonder he doesn't have a girlfriend. Is he assuming his new girl would be so insecure that she would not let him hang out with you? If so=-Putz Or is he saying If he had a new girl friend he would not want to hang with you. If so= -putz. Sorry.
    Posted by moosedodger[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right.  Doesn't really seem like a great friend if his imaginary girlfriend is already more important than you.  Show's what kind of relationship he's going to be in.  gross.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealJBar. Show TheRealJBar's posts

I just read this thread for the first time. Dimmy, this putz actually volunteered this info to you?  He created a situation where none even existed, for the sheer purpose of letting you know where you stand with him, which is somewhere below an imaginary girlfriend?  Wow.  Next time he texts you, tell him your imaginary boyfriend has forbidden any future contact between you two and kick his sorry azz to the curb.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

[QUOTE]I just read this thread for the first time. Dimmy, this putz actually volunteered this info to you?  He created a situation where none even existed, for the sheer purpose of letting you know where you stand with him, which is somewhere below an imaginary girlfriend?  Wow.  Next time he texts you, tell him your imaginary boyfriend has forbidden any future contact between you two and kick his sorry azz to the curb.
    Posted by TheRealJBar[/QUOTE]

..........and JBar nails it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

[QUOTE]I just read this thread for the first time. Dimmy, this putz actually volunteered this info to you?  He created a situation where none even existed, for the sheer purpose of letting you know where you stand with him, which is somewhere below an imaginary girlfriend?  Wow.  Next time he texts you, tell him your imaginary boyfriend has forbidden any future contact between you two and kick his sorry azz to the curb.
    Posted by TheRealJBar[/QUOTE]

And this is why I adore JBar.  :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

yeah, what JBar said.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Hi Dims,

I've had this happen to be with close friends a couple times over the course of my life, and very recently in fact. You have to let yourself mourn the end of the friendship just like you'd mourn the end of the breakup. Go through all those same stages. But just as with a romantic relationship, we deserve some sort of respect and allegiance from our true friendships-- remind yourself of this often, and most importantly, remind yourself you deserve to be treated better by the people you give yourself to in friendship and in love.
    Hugs, girlie!