what's YOUR New Year's Resolution??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

what's YOUR New Year's Resolution??

Hello Lovelies, and Happy New Year!

What are your resolutions this year? Lose weight? Make more money? Get a new job? Comment less on LL? Comment more on LL? Be nuked on LL?

More importantly, why is that your resolution for the year 2012, and how do you plan to make it happen?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from naturalginger. Show naturalginger's posts

Re: what's YOUR New Year's Resolution??

Great thread Icy! I can't wait to read what others have to say.

My resolution this year is to maximize my ‘ME’ time.  I find I have so many inefficiencies in my schedule and I’ve decided no more. It’s a big plan, but here’s the gist.  

1)      Commit to the train. This a) is the green thing to do and makes me feel good. b) keeps a completely consistent commuting budget that saves a couple bucks each month to put towards a nicer, more convenient gym c) allows more time for reading books I’ve shelved and d) keeps me committed to a schedule of when I leave work.

2)      Make the gym part of my commute.  This is going to be a huge time saver. I have joined one that is it so convenient, and so beautiful and zen that I look forward to my next visit.

3)      Commit to getting home by 8, including the gym, every night to cook dinner and hang out with my pup and my boy. Unwind. Watch stupid TV. Go to bed early.

What is yours??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

IceyHOT, great thread!!!

well, lets see. first off, to get back to a size 6, where im closing in on a 10. dont know my actual weight as i refuse to go on a scale... so i go by sizes instead(crazy i know, but that's how ive been doing it for the past 15 yrs)
    so, i need to regain that size 6 again.

secondly, save more money and not waste on trivial stuff... i really have everything that i could possibly want, so i dont need to buy ANOTHER pair of $300+ pair of shoes. done with that.
    so save more so that i can pay down my mortgage sooner. and be mortgage free within 3 yrs.

do more fininshing touches on my condo with the help of CG, of course. ie: paint bedroom, livingroom and kitchen. install crown molding throughout.

and resolve to earnestly look for another job.

most importantly do more volunteer work this year than last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In Response to what's YOUR New Year's Resolution??:
    Hello Lovelies, and Happy New Year! What are your resolutions this year? Lose weight? Make more money? Get a new job? Comment less on LL? Comment more on LL? Be nuked on LL? More importantly, why is that your resolution for the year 2012, and how do you plan to make it happen?
    Posted by ItalianIce84

To spend more time with IcyHot :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

But seriously...  my goals (I prefer to call them goals instead of resolutions):

1. Eat better
    2. Drink less
    3. Exercise at least 3x a week
    4. Finish knitting 6 new projects
    5. Read at least 25 books

I already worked on numbers 1-4 today and yesterday.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffmc4. Show geoffmc4's posts

Not big on resolutions, but there are some goals for the year...

Eat better
    Try and get some exercise so I can keep up with my son
    drop 20 lbs or so
    Get a new job
    Finish some projects around the house
    Try and get caught up and stay caught up om my magazine reading, so that maybe someday I might actually get to read another book.
    Be a better husband and father.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

Continue going to the gym 2-3 x/week and losing weight.  Got a few more pounds to go. 
    Buy new bed - check!
    Finish painting guest bathroom. 
    Refi the house and pump the savings into a trip back to Italy and maybe Germany.
    Continue to convince my mom to get rid of more of her stuff before she ends up on Hoarders. 
    Enjoy being single before some man ruins it. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

I don't do NY's resolutions but I do birthday resolutions and since it's fast approaching....

1. lose the weight
    2. finish the dissertation (2 chapters down!)
    3. find 12 new receipes
    4. Start the trip to Paris fund

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from peregrinite. Show peregrinite's posts

Try to do at least one good thing for myself each day, whether it is have a piece of fruit instead of a sweet, be motivated to stay orgainzed, or make that phone call that will initiate getting things done.  Most of all to treat myself positively.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

2. Drink less
    ----

That would be wise for most everyone on LL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Mine:

Complete my 2nd MA once and for all (or at least get up to thesis topic, and be through with mandatory coursework)

Finish my novel

Take the fawn to Canada; start saving for her majorly high school graduation trip

Move further up the coast, to a small, quiet town

Adopt a dog

More pleasure reading on top of the academic reading

Get involved locally with a charity/support services network that has volunteers reading to children on a regular basis; get involved with the local Somalian and Sudanese communities, which are little-versed in providing children with toys (because of the cirumstances of their native countries) and play-time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

My resolution:  find out if Peregrinite is a guy or a girl

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

First: 11/28/2011
    Last: 1/3/2012
    My resolution:  find out if Peregrinite is a guy or a girl

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

2. finish the dissertation (2 chapters down!)
    ----

Yay! Another grad student amongst the Lovelies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

With Bleako's encouragement, I've been walking more, and will dust off my bike come spring.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

Despite RDG's best efforts, I do not plan on changing my drinking habits this year.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

It's like "Blue's Clues" except with filthier jokes!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

Wait --- you work at Roxbury Elementary School?!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

I love these. Some of you said how you plan to reach yours, but most of you didn't... I think that's the most important part in reaching goals--- try to figure out how you are going to accomplish them-- even the little ones. Having steps to follow (and check off!) seems to make it easier. This is my 2012 Mission Statement -- I think this is an important thing to have in addition to actual resolutions:

I will live with no regrets. I will speak my mind, follow my heart, keep close those who deserve my love and friendship, and let go of toxic energy and people who do me more harm than good. I will put myself first while being thankful for all of my blessings. I will try not to sweat the small stuff. I'll be more protective of my heart but more fearless with it, too. I will run a half marathon. I will get into that size 8. I'll let my mom know how amazing she is and I won't forget the simple joy I get from my nephews' smiles. 2012 is going to be a better year, because I'm stronger than I was at the end of 2010, and I know I deserve good things.

Sections
Shortcuts