what's YOUR New Year's Resolution??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

Re: what's YOUR New Year's Resolution??

I have 4 goals I would like to accomplish this year, that I consider my resolutions, and this is how I plan to accomplish them:

1.) [Finally] get into a size 8.
         How I'll get there: I just agreed to go to Zumba and Spinning classes at least 3 times a week during the Spring semester with one of the PIs in my department. Having a work out buddy will force me to go, and this will keep me working out in the cold months when it's harder to run outside, and when the treadmill makes me want to cry.

2.) Run a half marathon.
         How I'll get there: I've agreed to do this in August with one of my best friends from home. While I am consistently running 4.5 miles a few times a week right now, I know that will drop off in the winter when I can't run outside and the treadmill kills me. So, I will keep up with fitness classes through March while forcing myself to still run at least once a week. After that, I will get back to running at least 3 times a week, and every 2 weeks, I will increase my distance by half a mile. I will also get friends to do long runs with me on the weekends starting in June.

3.) Cook one new recipe every month. Master it. Let it be something healthy that I feel good about eating.
         How I will do it: research healthy blogs online. Perhaps find a fattening dish that I'd like to learn to make a little healthier. Cook it once in the beginning of the month to try it out... cook it a second time in the middle of the month. Perfect it by the end of the month, and add it to my monthly rotation. By the end of the year, that gives me 12 new recipes, which means next year, I will have 12 days out of the 30 or so in a month I know what to cook, which will make life a little easier.

4.)  Volunteer. I used to do this a lot in college and I miss it.
          How I will do this:  Well, some of you said you want to volunteer-- let's pick a day a month to get it done and do it together.

All of this goes towards my main goal of being responsible for my own happiness, and making changes happen for me-- not waiting for good things to land in my lap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

IceyHot. thats a great post...

i have volunteered at Angel Memorial. Also im a part of Boston Cares.

check it out if you havent heard of it before. I plan to do alot more this year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItalianIce84. Show ItalianIce84's posts

BBB, I signed up for Boston Cares, but haven't done anything with it yet. Let me know when you plan to volunteer for something -- I'd love to join you.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

IceyHOT that's a deal!!! would be fun

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Resolution 1: Spend less time on LL Frown  It's been interfering with my job, so I need to focus more on work.  I will miss you all, but I might pop in every now and then.

Resolution 2: Eat healthier.  Mr. Cent and I are already committed to buying more fresh produce, so that should help.

Resolution 3: Exercies... maybe.  There's a new gym that opened up where I live that I might join.  My hesitancy is that I don't do a good job of regularly working out, so I don't want to waste money.  So I'm still thinking about it...  Maybe I'll join in the spring after my class is over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JTB8773. Show JTB8773's posts

most importantly do more volunteer work this year than last year.

BBB - check out the library - I'm involved in a fantastic program down here in the south at the public library as a 'reading buddie' to kids - helping them with basic skills, comprehension etc!

And RDG - Kudo for you for doing grad work WITH A KID! Don't think I could juggle that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

JT, thanks, thats a great idea. im gonna check that out as i live right behind the BPL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

1. Disown my son until he turns 17
    2. Acrue more debt (I actually really have only my car loan, so I want more!!)
    3. Drink WAYYYYYY more/ eat WAYYYYYY less
    4. I am determined to actually yank some tool bag from their car when they cut me off
    5. Start yelling at random people on the train.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

HAAAA HAAAA Jeeps you're funny!
    Hmmmmmm my New Years Resolution/s?
     - I already yell at random people on the subway....

My New Years Rsolution is:
    1.  To quit smoking by the end of the year - that's IT!!!!!!!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Thank you, JTB. :)

Maybe one day I'll be like you and be a doctoral student. There aren't many job openings for 50-something medievalists (my area, with a very arcane sub-speciality), but I'd be thrilled to even be an adjunct. Best wishes to you on your program, I'm sure you're doing super.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In response to "Re: what's YOUR New Year's Resolution??":
    Enjoy being single before some man ruins it.  Posted by wizen
    <3 I am adding this to my list :) Also, I thought of another one... To learn how to play the violin/fiddle. I inherited my mothers fiddle when she passed and I'm determined to learn how to play. I've already signed up for classes at the CCAE that start next week! I'm a bit nervous, but I think it will be fun. Maybe not so much fun for my neighbors though!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BumbleBee4. Show BumbleBee4's posts

To floss- that's it.  How I'm going to do it?  Just do it!

Oh yeah, and keep doing what I'm doing - living. the. dream.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jespah. Show jespah's posts

• Drop some pounds or at least not gain -> method = walk 25 - 30 mins home every night from work + 10 or more 5Ks this year (depends on schedule) + 1 - 2 sessions of walking over 60 mins/weekend.
    • More famdambly stuff -> method = calling parents and brother more often, possibly visiting or have them here more
    • Dejunkify the house more -> method = haul books to library book sale. Under cover of night if necessary. Replace more VHS tapes with DVDs + weed out VHS collection of things we never watch
    • Find new job by end of calendar '12 (contract runs out then and cannot be renewed) -> method = start looking in June. Seriously
    • Find Bigfoot -> method = I am keeping this one close to the vest for now

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

My new year's resolution is 1280 x 800.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

This year, my resolution is to add one day onto the year.  I think I can make it happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

I want to meet someone unspecial.  I want to meet a very average person. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

Get out of marriage.
    Get out of debt.
    Get No.1 Daughter back into college.
    Move to warmer climes.

not necessarily in that order

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harbormistress. Show Harbormistress's posts

CHC wrote:
    Tonight is First Friday at the MFA.

Later on this month, Isabella Stewart Gardner is opening the tapestry room (and Third Thursdays will resume)

Chick,these two places used to be sooooooo important to me, i went to both monthly if not weekly, and i hate that i havent been to either one in years.  a woman who's in the administration of ISG came into my office and i helped her with her research, and she promised to invite me to the gala, but didnt.  i really have to get in there, it makes me so happy especially in winter.

Sections
Shortcuts