Who would you cast in Casablanca?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

Re: Who would you cast in Casablanca?

In Response to Who would you cast in Casablanca?:
    [QUOTE]Here's one possible cast: Clive Owen, Angelina Jolie, Ralph Fiennes as Viktor Lazlo, Robin Williams as Ugarte (the Peter Lorre character), but who would replace Claude Rains (round up the usual suspects) and Sydney Greenstreet, and who would play Sam?
    Posted by Green-Mountain-Views[/QUOTE]

OMG people its ILSA.  I would cast Scarlett Johanssen as Ilsa (because she has that old Hollywood glamour, and pouty lips), and possibly Leonardo Diaprio as Rick... he could never be Bogey, but he is quite cool as an actor, and has intense eyes.  I'm stuck on who should play Laszlo or Captian Renault.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

OK AJ, Ilsa.

Meredith posted the official entries this morning. They are wonderful! So many creative movie-lovers on this board! I don't agree with Clooney as Rick, though.

I hadn't thought of DiCaprio as Rick, but, yeah, he could do it. Bogey was kind of beat-up and tough looking and I think Leo could pull that off. So many of the young male stars look too pretty to me. JMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

GMV, you are having just way too much fun with this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you cast in Casablanca?:
    [QUOTE]Robert Downey, Jr. as Rick
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Robert Downey Jr.  would be absolutely perfect!! 

I don't agree with Reese Witherspoon, though.  Not smoky enough.  I don't mean smoking, though maybe that too.  I mean the depth and layers.  And eyes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

Ok- now I challenge you to use LL "characters" to fill in the roles.

Go!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

@bzorn - I know. I'm nuts...hopefully a good kind of nuts.

@jeepie - Wow. That's a tough one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

ok ---  I'm just stupid enough to try Jeeps challenge, but that's cuz I only went to BC.  :P

Rick - PowerCord or Bzorn
    Elsa - so many possible choices here but I'm going with JohnCocktosten
    Laszlo - McBostonRob
    Ugarte - CharmingSean
    Renault- Vitzy
    Smash - Ferrari (but no parrot, it's a horse)
    and Sam - Johnny1963

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

Wow, Wizen. Good job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

@bzorn - I know. I'm nuts...hopefully a good kind of nuts.

The only bad kind of nuts hurt people. You never seemed like that kind of nuts.

Wizen - me as Rick. Oh my I don't believe I have ever received as good a compliment.

The African American cast - having Denzel as Capt. Renault and Don Cheadle (maybe my favorite actor - he nailed Raymond "Mouse" Alexander in "Devil With a Blue Dress") as Rick seems reversed to me. I would have DW play Rick and DC as Renault.

"I may be crazy buts its kept me from going insane"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

What about Harrison Ford as Rick?  He's got that weather beaten look... Or is Ford too old now?

Oh, and bzorn, I like Don Cheadle as Renault.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

@bzorn and twosie....I like the Don Cheadle/DW reversal, too. Good thought. I haven't seen Devil with a Blue Dress; I google it and see if it gets added to the Netflix list. I don't know if you saw Hotel Rwanda; it's really good but also tough to watch.

Oh, and Harrison Ford, too. I love Harrison Ford. He's not too old for "my remake" of Casablanca..ha...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzorn22. Show bzorn22's posts

Hotel Rwanda was a great and a disturbing movie. There are some movies that were absolutely worth watching but that I would not watch again. Hotel Rwanda is one of those. Two other that come to mind are "Sophie's Choice" and "Saving Private Ryan"

Harrison Ford is fine by me. Raiders of the Lost Ark was on TV this weekend.

Devil with a Blue Dress is a great movie and a great book. If you are into that type of fiction. Walter Mosley wrote it and he is a great writer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e. Show 2ada63d622e89774a9fdcbc90527ab8e's posts

I've read some Mosley, but not all of them...will check out Devil with a Blue Dress.

I like Harrison Ford. Sophie's Choice...well, what can you say about that...Meryl Streep is such an amazing actress. I read that book in Italy in the '80s on a trip on my way back from my first overseas assignment. What a story. Saving Private Ryan I haven't been able to see. It has been described as "exactly like DDay" and I have a very good imagination and quite a bit of knowledge about WWII, so I've put it off so far. It's not that I mind war movies; one of my all-time favorites is The Deer Hunter. I also was bowled over by Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima.

Well, we may have done in our re-do of Casablanca. It's been real. I wonder if the b.com movie threads are any good. Ciao.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlyssaJones. Show AlyssaJones's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you cast in Casablanca?:
    [QUOTE]Ok- now I challenge you to use LL "characters" to fill in the roles. Go!
    Posted by Jeepers-Cripes[/QUOTE]

Ilsa-  Miss Alyssa Jones obviously... duh

Rick- torn between Smashy and PC on this one. They are both charming and witty. They would have to audition for the role.  

Captain Renault-  this would have to go to the Minotaur, since he is the authority figure around these parts