Why can't we just all get along?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Why can't we just all get along?

I know it's human nature for each and every one of us to want to have the last word, but maybe vituperative comments are best left unsaid, or better yet, said in the privacy of the therapist's office (whomever or whatever your therapist happens to be).  That way, we can save the over the top poofing for another forum - like those Red Sox forums!  It's gotten a bit too ugly for LL, and I think a lot of good people are bowing out because of it.  Let's rethink and take the higher road - even when we think we can't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Re: Why can't we just all get along?

justcat, can i recommend your post? like a gazillion times. thanks justcat!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

In Response to Re: Why can't we just all get along?:
    [QUOTE]justcat, can i recommend your post? like a gazillion times. thanks justcat!!!
    Posted by backbaybabe[/QUOTE]

Aww!  Thank YOU!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

I'd like to make a suggestion.

If anyone here has a problem with someone else, I suggest they e-mail them directly or otherwise get in contact with them to either sort out their differences or otherwise make some sort of non-public attempt to get things out in the open and dealt with.  Most of us know how to get in contact with each other.

It's time to put this all to rest, one way or another.  Let's drop it, not keep bringing unpleasantness up to stir the pot, and resume living our lives like normal adults.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to make a suggestion. If anyone here has a problem with someone else, I suggest they e-mail them directly or otherwise get in contact with them to either sort out their differences or otherwise make some sort of non-public attempt to get things out in the open and dealt with.  Most of us know how to get in contact with each other. It's time to put this all to rest, one way or another.  Let's drop it, not keep bringing unpleasantness up to stir the pot, and resume living our lives like normal adults.
    Posted by The-Porkchop-Express[/QUOTE]

Hey Choppy - who you callin' normal?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to make a suggestion. If anyone here has a problem with someone else, I suggest they e-mail them directly or otherwise get in contact with them to either sort out their differences or otherwise make some sort of non-public attempt to get things out in the open and dealt with.  Most of us know how to get in contact with each other. It's time to put this all to rest, one way or another.  Let's drop it, not keep bringing unpleasantness up to stir the pot, and resume living our lives like normal adults.
    Posted by The-Porkchop-Express[/QUOT

choopy, thank you. negativity doesnt look good on anyone. unless that is a new fahsion statement im unaware of. hehehe

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

OMG - This is the 2nd time EVER THAT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH CHOPS!  Excuse me while I go out and play a 'Lottery' ticket! 
    I say jolly good to ya Chops!
    And for what it's worth - I don't get to sign into 'LL' too often because of work mostly - so I don't know who's fighting with who - but normally people (including myself) like to tease or goof around with others here because it makes a funny or a domino effect of wicked funny funnies/laughs jokes.......
    People (including me sometimes) are sensitive or get sensitive and don't want to be constantly picked on.....except for CSean - I think he likes to get picked on.  But then when no one picks on me for awhile - I feel like no one likes me anymore.....But hey - that's just my silly opinion.
    And again - I totally agree that whoever is angry with someone for whatever reason then please e-mail that person directly.
    Goodnight Folks.  'And peace will guide the planet - this is the dawing of the age of Aquarius..........Sympathy & Understanding......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I'm going to look up 'vituperative' right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

I keep forgetting how to spell that folking word!!!  Ooops.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

People are people so why should it be,
    You and I should get along so awfully....

I agree that personal stuff - private plans and bickering and fights, should not be posted on the blog or in forums.  Probably including this thread, which sort of helps to perpetuate whatever kerfuffle happened today.  I happened to miss it, so of course I was hoping for a recap, but it's none of my business and none of anyone's business.  

Conflicts will happen, it's how we deal with them that matters. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveh7373. Show daveh7373's posts

just a random musing here at 3 am while i can't sleep but watching the movie 2010 and the three male russian scientists are the same three guys who played in the movie moscow on the hudson....strange

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

But Chop, the problem was, it wasn't one person...it was quite a few people.  I wasn't the one bothered by it - one of my close friends was.  And she felt frustrated and was considering walking because she felt (rightly or wrongly) that every little recent dig and snark about "passive aggressiveness" was partially directed at her.

As for the other issue, I was tired of hearing the same digs towards my friends, so I attempted to bring it all to a head and get it over with today.  I apologize for causing anyone distress.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kind-of-Irritating-Lady. Show Kind-of-Irritating-Lady's posts

The conflict doesn't bother me; conflict is okay, it's just this nasty undercurrent of negativity.  Most of us used to be friends (or at least friendly) for one reason or another. I'm not suggesting we all hold hands and sing kumbaya, but this current atmosphere kind of sucks.  I don't know what the solution is, or if there is even a solution, but that's how I feel about it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

"Easy solution: ThunderDome.

"Two men enter, one man leaves!!!"

I know it's been usurped in real life by the octagon, but this would force everyone to wear ridiculous post-apocalyptic costumes."

Dread?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

[QUOTE]The conflict doesn't bother me; conflict is okay, it's just this nasty undercurrent of negativity.  Most of us used to be friends (or at least friendly) for one reason or another. I'm not suggesting we all hold hands and sing kumbaya, but this current atmosphere kind of sucks.  I don't know what the solution is, or if there is even a solution, but that's how I feel about it.
    Posted by The-Porkchop-Express[/QUOTE]

again,choopy, i agree... and can i be so bold to say, that its usually just one person that incites this controversy and wont for whatever reason let it die.
    i think we all get the jyst. but the continuous conflict just paints those in such a bad light, and who wants to be perceived in such a manner?

no kumbaya, but let all bygones be bygones.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

you cannot take posts on the blog personally

although it is very difficult seeing many people here have met

DO NOT TAKE COMMENTS TO HEART!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seebell. Show Seebell's posts

Well I certainly would be very happy & tickled pink IF WE COULD ALL JUST HOLD HANDS AND SING 'KUMBAYA'!!!!!  AND THEN 'We could all sing 'I FEEL PRETTY - OH SOOOOO PRETTY(just like the 'Anger Management' movie with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson AND throw in a good Robert DeNiro for good measure AND IT'LL BE ALL GOOD!  Mark my words!
    and Peace will guide the planet and love will hear the dawn - this is the dawing of the age of Aquarius, age of Aquarius - A  Q  U  A  R  I  U  S........
    :D  <----- lets see everybody's happy face!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from backbaybabe. Show backbaybabe's posts

Seebell sweetie, you are priceless. hugs to you. you make me giggle daily...thank you

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

I am glad I am blissfully unaware of what you all are talking about.  I'm rarely aware of who is taking what personally until I see threads like this, or threads that are poofed. 

I come here to learn, to help a little, and to have some fun.  I don't come for Sharks vs Jets. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatJneenGrrl. Show ThatJneenGrrl's posts

>>I'm not suggesting we all hold hands and sing kumbaya, but this current atmosphere kind of sucks.

I agree.

I'm tired of sitting all the way on the other side of the couch with my arms folded.

I think it's time for a rousing game of drunk Twister!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeepersCripes. Show JeepersCripes's posts

I did let it go, until it came out to me all the horrible and despicable things that were being said about me. And someone having the audacity to e-mail such things to my friends. That is just a really low place you dont go. I dont say anything about anyone, I havent said to their face, and honestly, I dont even talk about you people. Because I have other things in my life aside from this blog.

So as much as you all want to this to stop, then the onus is on you to stop.

Stop being nice to people to their face then immediately trash talking them behind their back. Stop sending horrendous e-mails to mutual friends. Stop calling people you dont know, names. You dont like someone, great, dont like them. But you have no right to e-mail "warnings" about other commenters. Just because you dont like them, doesnt mean someone else shouldnt like them either.

So, I am done. I will do my part to stop stirring the pot, however, if I continue to hear I am still being talked about or trashed to people I dont even know, then I will deal with that person individually.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

You can't change anyone else.  You can only change yourself.

25. This post has been removed.