Would you date a shy guy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

Would you date a shy guy?

This one's only for the ladies. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

Re: Would you date a shy guy?

I probably should of left out the third option.   I bet it's going to skew things.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

I think it really depends on what degree of shyness.  Normal level bashfulness?  Sure!  Debilitating shyness?  No.

FWIW, my high school sweetheart was on the shy side.  I approached him first and talked to him.  But, he did have enough initiative to ask me to a movie.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dread27. Show Dread27's posts

Have I been blocked from LL or are other people not being able to get into it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TwoCentDonation. Show TwoCentDonation's posts

Nope- you're not the only one.  Or maybe the blog is playing hard to get and we need to be less shy about posting........

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

My browser can't find LL, either.  I can find the top page, with a list of all the recent topics, but I can't find any of the individual questions and answers.

I'm sure it's a BDC issue.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

I tried to start a conversation with one of the Extra Bases guys at the Game On LL event...  he mumbled 'hi' around his chicken wing (sauce all over his face), and then stood there in mute horror as I asked him outre and frightening questions like; 'So, are you one of the Extra Bases guys?'

That = too shy.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Apparently!  Jeez!  :D

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from two-sheds. Show two-sheds's posts

I can be pretty shy, but as Z points out, shyness can be situational.  I don't do well in noisy bars with people I don't know well.  (I hate constantly asking people to repeat themselves because I can't hear them).  In other situations, such as a dinner party, I'm much better.

Asking a girl out is an entirely other can of worms.  Being married for a long time, though, it's not a can I've had to open in a while. 

And it looks like LL is back on...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

As a shy woman (yeah, I know my posts don't indicate that), I certainly would hope a shy man would date me - and vice-versa.

I go for character. (Although a shy Alan Rickman lookalike would also do.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hennymcpenny. Show hennymcpenny's posts

Ooooo.  Alan Rickman.... I so love his voice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWhitt58. Show LWhitt58's posts

In Response to Re: Would you date a shy guy?:
    [QUOTE]I tried to start a conversation with one of the Extra Bases guys at the Game On LL event...  he mumbled 'hi' around his chicken wing (sauce all over his face), and then stood there in mute horror as I asked him outre and frightening questions like; 'So, are you one of the Extra Bases guys?' That = too shy.
    Posted by diamondgirl[/QUOTE]

DG, if you look anything like your avatar, he was likely dumbstruck by your dazzling diamond beauty.  :-)

And yes, I would date a shy guy - but they do have to be able to carry on a conversation.  If they're paralyzed by the thought of speaking to someone with boobs, sorry - can't help ya.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from diamondgirl. Show diamondgirl's posts

Haha, thanks.  It's probably the way I stomp up to people and basically demand a hello.  It tends to startle those of a sensitive disposition.  :D