1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Add Photo broken?

I'm using Chrome and auto-login, and the popup functions no longer work properly and haven't for the past 2 or 3 days.  The link and emoticon ones work, but they appear in tiny windows I have to enlarge before I can use...not a big deal, but broken nonetheless.  The photo one, though, doesn't work at all.  It pops up in the background, I can't bring it to the foreground, and even if I could I can see from the preview pane that the box is empty except for a Google Chrome icon in the center.

I'd be happy to try another browser except BDC doesn't recognize my login except from this one (but I better not delete the cookies that let me in if I want it to keep working).  And, the reason I use Chrome in the first place is that it seems to be the platform on which BDC works best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Add Photo broken?

Dottie, I cannot post pictures any longer when I'm in Chrome.  I have both chrome and IE operating on my computer because I can move around better on BDC with Chrome.  To post a pic I have to use IE which I never log out of, and yet BDC asks me every morning to re register.  After filling that all out, each day, they don't recognize me until I click a couple of times and finally I see toytrumpet come up the top of the page.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Is anyone looking into this?

I figured out that I can right click on the minimized picture attachment window and "Restore" it so it's as big as my screen.  I can then attach a photo, but the fact is it's broken and a total pain.

It was working fine - what happened and why can't the code be put back the way it was?

Thanks,
    ~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Is BDC looking into this?  Not everyone can get this to work on Chrome even with what I discovered works for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi kar -- Just back from vacation. I use Chrome, and the photo feature doesn't work for me, either. I'll file a repair ticket now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, thanks.  Hope you had a good one!

by the way, does the work around work for you?  If I right click on the minimized photo popup over the chrome icon and choose Maximize, I get the "choose file" and "save" options in the upper left corner that work.  This might give some insight into the problem, but apparently it doesn't work for everyone using Chrome.

Also, be sure to add that while "add a link" popup technically works, it pops up too small; you have to enlarge it to be able to use it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

All the popup functions are still broken in one way or another.  These were working with no issues; something changed a few days before I started this thread.  There should be software change notices about things like this unless the people in charge of this software are working in a complete "wild west" style.  This shouldn't be hard to identify and fix.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It still doesn't work right, however I have found through trial and error that if you click on "save" even though you don't see the picture added on your post and walk away for about 15 minutes and return,  about 60% of the time you will find the picture has been added and you can then complete the post, the rest of the time it will say pic error and you have to repeat the process 3 or 4 times!   I use IE,  I tried Chrome but did not notice a difference.

PS:  I discovered that if you chop your photo, make it smaller, it is more likely to post.

Sections
Shortcuts