1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Deleted Fantasy Football League Thread in Patriots forum

For some reason since boston.com does not run any fantasy sports leagues, 12 of us regulars and long time forum members and daily posters put together a fantasy football league and devoted one thread for this on the Patriots forum for the entire season last year.  The thread ran September through the end of December without a problem. 

This year we started a new thread for the new season and for some reason it was deleted.  Can you please explain why we were able to keep a thread going on there last season (15+ pages long) yet delete the one we started for this season.

We opened the league up and asked anyone who wanted to play to please sign up.  So it's not like we left anyone out.  There are others who don't play in the league who like to follow along.

It is a harmless thread in the forum that we participate in the most, which happens to be the most popular sports forum on here. 

Please reconsider the decision to have it deleted and if there was anything wrong going on in there please let us know so we can fix the problem in order to continue the thread.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Deleted Fantasy Football League Thread in Patriots forum

In Response to Re: Deleted Fantasy Football League Thread in Patriots forum:
    [QUOTE]I am not a part of the league and I enjoyed keeping up with the thread last year as well. It is absolutely football related and adds another dimension to the board!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks QUAGMIRE3.

Dear Mod...
    Created a new thread and it got deleted last night.  Will a mod please explain why this is not allowed?  It's in pure fun, no money is exchanged, it is relevent to the forum we post in, no harm being done. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Testing, testing is this thing on?  Anyone from Boston.com ever check these posts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

TFB:

You have a better chance of finding out the name of the SB ontest winner than you do of receiving a prompt reply to your question from bostondottie

Timely responses in this forum are not a virtue. At least not to the moderators

Odds bostondottie will respond to you within a week: 50-1
    Within two weeks: 30-1
    Within three weeks: 10-1

It's actually more likely this thread will be deleted before it is responded to
    Odds of that happening are 3-1

Good luck. I hope they return the thread. I know which one youre referring to. No idea why it was deleted. Seemed like a fun thread for fantasy players

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Deleted Fantasy Football League Thread in Patriots forum:
    [QUOTE]TFB: You have a better chance of finding out the name of the SB ontest winner than you do of receiving a prompt reply to your question from bostondottie Timely responses in this forum are not a virtue. At least not to the moderators Odds bostondottie will respond to you within a week: 50-1 Within two weeks: 30-1 Within three weeks: 10-1 It's actually more likely this thread will be deleted before it is responded to Odds of that happening are 3-1 Good luck. I hope they return the thread. I know which one youre referring to. No idea why it was deleted. Seemed like a fun thread for fantasy players
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Good post, thanks for the info!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

TFB, I'm surprised that a thread like that was deleted. Our moderating company doesn't delete threads, just individual comments.

Do you want me to set up a new Fantasy Football board for you within the Patriots section?

We're switching to new forums and article comments tomorrow afternoon, and after a bit of a shakedown cruise for a day or two, I can set it up for you then if you want.

Sorry about the deletion. Don't know how it happened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Wow, the 50-1 shot paid off. How about that?

I'm speechless

Dottie, you are full of surprises tonight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thank you very much Dottie for the reply.  Also, thank you for pinning the thread at the top of the Patriots forum, I believe thats right where we would like to keep it.  Lot of people follow that thread through the season so that is great to have it always at the top.  Very much appreciated!!  This is my favorite site to talk Patriots football!!

Thanks again!