1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Editing or deleting your own post

Dottie, when I try to edit or delete my own post, it tells me in red to fill in required sections.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Editing or deleting your own post

I haven't been able to edit either, Dottie and reply to has been issue, also.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Dottie, when I try to edit or delete my own post, it tells me in red to fill in required sections.

you can't delete but U can

edit / cut out everything out and just leave a period in the Your post section

do the same thing in the Headline area when it tells you to

to fill in required sections

Thanks.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Why do you care whether or not you get a "Thank You" or not, from an anonymous internet stranger?

If you have a helpful tip or advice,  just offer it without any expectations,  that's what I do.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@pinstripezac,  you have a point, thank you.

I have to remind myself to think before I post :)

ETA: I apologize if I said anything stupid or offensive.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

Why do you care whether or not you get a "Thank You" or not, from an anonymous internet stranger?If you have a helpful tip or advice,  just offer it without any expectations,  that's what I do.

I agree with you, Robin. I dont need a thank you either. Posting helpful information is reward enough for me. People who crave acknowledgement of every little good deed they perform are lame-o

And for what it's worth, I thought pinstripe's reply to trumpet, though well intentioned, was badly worded and needlessly confusing

The first rule in communication (especially online): present your information in a lucid enough way to ensure the person receiving the info will understand it and benefit from it

In my opinion pinstripe's effort was a fail...  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually, it was clear enough for me - tried it, and was able to edit/delete post.  Thanks again, Pinstripe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Okay, well if a poster receives a "thank you", would the proper internet etiquette be to then come back and say "you're welcome" ?  Or can you just let it go....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

No, I'm just being silly (regarding the bag).

"No problem" is good, I guess it should be decided on a case by case basis as to how or if one should respond to a thank you.   That makes sense.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Actually, it was clear enough for me - tried it, and was able to edit/delete post.  Thanks again, Pinstripe.

trumpet the troublemaker strikes again

Ihavemyhats told you how to fix the edit glitch two full days before stripes did. You didnt use stripes' instruction because you didnt need her instruction. You already had the problem figured out

So for you to come in here this morning and tell stripes that you "tried it" and that you were "able to edit/delete post" blah blah blah is deliberately misleading and patronizing

Shame on you, trumpet. You owe stripes an apology. And me

(I am sure that in stripes' "mother's world" people say "I'm sorry")

PS OBN exposed once again. When are you gals ever going to learn?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Even I (persona non grata) offered a tip on 1/16 in CC,  it appears the problem was solved that same day.

But don't worry, I'll continue to try to help when I can.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

tt troublemaker was just trying to bust my you-know-whats yesterday

I told stripes that her instructions were badly written and hard to understand, so the next day tt swoops in, and is like, "Oh, I understood perfectly! Thanks so much. It worked too!". That sort of thing

She basically exploited poor stripes, who was just trying to be helpful, in order to give me the needle

A cunning ploy, no doubt, but poorly executed

Poor tt. She must sense that OBN is going down (it's only a  matter of time), and is trying to get a few digs in before it is too late...

PS Keep doing your thing, Robin. OBN may not appreciate you, but I do

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry Ache, but you went on a tangent. Why are you and Robin butting in anyway? It was btw. toytrumpet and pinstripe. No one needs to hear a "thank you", but it is nice, when it does happen. Especially in today's world, with so many impolite people.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The title of this forum is Talk to BDC,  the last I heard all posters are encouraged to participate... as Ache did 3 years ago when I was new and asked a simple question down here, he was the only one who responded.

He was articulate and pleasant when he explained the process regarding how to change ones avatar,   it turned a frustrating experience into something that was fun!

He made a lasting impression and continues to be helpful with technical issues that arise.

The more people that offer input and opinions in any thread/forum the better IMO.

Am I right Dottie?  Thanks

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

Sorry Ache, but you went on a tangent. Why are you and Robin butting in anyway? It was btw. toytrumpet and pinstripe. No one needs to hear a "thank you", but it is nice, when it does happen. Especially in today's world, with so many impolite people.

pingo:

Robin made a valid point about (online) etiquette. She was expressing an opinion I happen to agree with. I dont feel we were butting in at all

Maybe my criticism of poor stripes and her awkwardly worded post was inappropriate, but when I see someone expressing herself as badly as stripes did, I feel obligated to come forward and volunteer some well-meaning advice. If I overstepped this time, I apologize, but I assure you my intentions were wholly honorable...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

The title of this forum is Talk to BDC,  the last I heard all posters are encouraged to participate... as Ache did 3 years ago when I was new and asked a simple question down here, he was the only one who responded.

He was articulate and pleasant when he explained the process regarding how to change ones avatar,   it turned a frustrating experience into something that was fun!

He made a lasting impression and continues to be helpful with technical issues that arise.

The more people that offer input and opinions in any thread/forum the better IMO.

Am I right Dottie?  Thanks

Was it three years ago already Robin? Seems like just yesterday

Little did I know that when I responded to your post that night, I was helping out the person who would go on to become my most trusted ally here on the board and my co-equal partner in the ongoing struggle to neutralize the formidable and vicious OBN/MGAA...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from irc123. Show irc123's posts

The issue editing posts is fixed! Sorry bout that!

Sections
Shortcuts