Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Forums and comments updates

Okay folks, you've probably noticed that dev has pushed several updates live over the past couple of weeks. Here's what's been done:

> Changed the look of requoted comments from the QUOTE / UNQUOTE to a shaded view.

> Re-introduced the gold stars that take you directly to your last unread post in a thread and briefly highlights that post in gold. The stars disappear as you scroll down a thread reading posts. If you jump to a later page of a thread or the last page, the gold stars on all previous pages will disappear.

> Returned the "Ignore this user" button.

> On your profile page, you now can upload an avatar or use one of ours.

> The links on your Profile page to comments and posts you have made sometimes didn't work; those have been fixed.

Will keep you posted on other improvements as they happen.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: Forums and comments updates

The AngellVets are back!  Since that live Q&A with the vet on Monday there has been a flurry of activity :)

I was wondering if you could put the "Ask A AngelVet" title back under the "Pets" title section (like it was before).

Otherwise I think it's hard for new posters to find.     Thanks,  Robin aka dog-lady

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Does anyone know how to get rid of this AAAA stuff that seems to happen when you copy & paste an excerpt from an article?  It takes forever to correct it manually. Is there a trick to make it go away?

example: If you€™re worried Tony award-winning director John Tiffany cast Quinto just to provide star-power to the ART€™s first foray into Tennessee Williams, you shouldn€™t be. Quinto has the

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Robin, I filed a ticket on the encoding that's being carried from the other sites you're copying from. Hopefully there's a way we can translate that into apostrophes when you paste here. Happens a lot with Word, too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from testboston1. Show testboston1's posts

In the note to the MIT community, Israel Ruiz, the school’s executive vice president and treasurer, addressed the hoax, the police response, and what is next for the institution.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@Ache  I assume it means they are working on it, lol

Alert for those that don't have cable:

Today at 1pm Dirty Harry    3pm One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest   ION Channel

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

hey Dottie, i was just wondering what the criteria was for removing posts? I know BDC reserves the right to remove posts as they wish but it just seems like (in the Red Sox forum anyway) perfectly normal posts are being removed and others containing personal attacks, insults and other material not suitable for the forum are allowed to remain.

A lot of posters are wondering what the deal is.. why can others constantly inject politics, insults and the like into a discussion and that's all good? meanwhile, other posts that contain nothing that should be frowned upon get deleted.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hi Dottie,

For 5 days a poster has been mocking my name by creating a similar name and then canvassing the board with threads. I finally yesterday remarked to them:

"u must be 50 years old, a dork, and I bet your poodle even walks on you"

That is all I said.

The post was removed!  Then I posed this same question to you on The Front Burner and even my question to you was deleted !!!!

Yet the mocker continues on...... 

I was baited for 4 days before I made that simple remark.... this is insanity. Honestly I dont know what is worse, allowing this poster to do this or deleting my post and question to you... In the 4 days I sent complaints to the BDC privately but nothing was done.

Thanks.

This is the poster also known as 2004Idiots and -EdithBunker-  is using these 3 names at present: EnchilladdaT eidlog and BuritoT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache, I didn't mean to ignore your question, I just didn't want to bury the other poster's question to Dottie.

If you must know,  I identify more with Randle McMurphy (Jack Nicholson's character).

Nurse Ratched definitely went over the line.

However, it is a delicate balance to show empathy and yet keep things in order....go by the rules.

ETA: EnchiladaT  bump up your post if you want, It wasn't my intention to hijack the thread.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

No worries about hijacking the thread, Robin. I doubt dottie has any intention of responding to Enchilada or mef anyway. At least not until April or May. You know how she is

How did you turn Enchilada's name into a link? Ive seen others do it to thread titles. Always wondered how it was done

to link their name just Highlight their handle underneath their avatar and copy/paste it into the response box.

once pasted it should appear blue and the hyperlink icon will be lit up.

• mef429
    • First: 9/10/2006
    • Last: 3/3/2013

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Getting no help even though singular posts continue to get deleted on an hourly basis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Hi Dottei, it looks like someone got rid of one of the copy-cat monikers but the copy-cat went and created another one - EnnchiladaT. Not sure what to do about it... hate to run here and complain like a schoolkid every 3 days.

I wish the BDC would re-set my original name BurritoT. I lost the original email address I used in creating it and have never been able to access it again.  BurritoT

Thanks

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Hi Dottie,

For 5 days a poster has been mocking my name by creating a similar name and then canvassing the board with threads. I finally yesterday remarked to them:

"u must be 50 years old, a dork, and I bet your poodle even walks on you"

That is all I said.

The post was removed!  Then I posed this same question to you on The Front Burner and even my question to you was deleted !!!!

Yet the mocker continues on...... 

I was baited for 4 days before I made that simple remark.... this is insanity. Honestly I dont know what is worse, allowing this poster to do this or deleting my post and question to you... In the 4 days I sent complaints to the BDC privately but nothing was done.

Thanks.

This is the poster also known as 2004Idiots and -EdithBunker-  is using these 3 names at present: EnchilladdaT eidlog and BuritoT

Hey Enchilada,

I took care of the mimicking accounts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

any word on why normal posts are being deleted for no appearant reason?

a few theories have been thrown around.. like if a post has been reported enough it will automatically be deleted. If so, is there a way you can raise the threshold so 1 or 2 people with multiple accounts can't get posts deleted on their own will?

if that is not the case then one of the mods has a VERY poor sense of judgement on what is OK to post in a sports forum and what is not.

BTW you missed an EnchiladaT smurf.. EnnchiladaT

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hey mef,

We use an outside company for our moderation. They handle abuse reports, and yes, once in a while they delete comments that are fine, or keep reported comments that should be deleted.

We do not have auto deletion based on X number of abuse reports. We used to, but got rid of it.

I can speak to the mods, but it helps to have specific examples. Is there a particular discussion on the Sox On the Front Burner forum with bad moderating that I can use as an example?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

thanks Dottie, I will try look for some examples and get back to you.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts