1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Forums and comments updates

Dottie, can you fix the threads that have the OP removed? people start spam threads where the OP is deleted but the thread remains to clog the board. I don't see why the thread should remain if the OP is deleted..

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'd like to amplify the above comment Dottie as the poster BurritoT- is complaining about has been stalking me for 3 days. As far as I can tell he created the BurittoT moniker solely to follow me around and follow every post I make with a claim that I'm also ConanObrien. Also every time Conan posts this cyberstalker immediately follows with a comment that Conan is me. Also this stalking act isn't new. When he was still posting as 2004Idiots this poster ran the poster RedSoxDOrtiz completely out of the forum by following him around reposting a 3 year old comment where he made a wrong prediction every time he posted. Frankly I'm nearly ready to follow him as every time he gets banned Idiots just makes up a new user name and comes back with the same boorish behaviour.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

This same poster has now added carnieSF to his list of aliases. I don't know if he posts anywhere but the Red Sox forum, but he is a cancer there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Two more for the list are SallyCarnie and misscarniesf.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Please add ArtCarnie to the list. Is there really no way to get rid of this stalker for good?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

2004Idiot posted this in response to a comment I made to ArtCarnie.

posted at 3/22/2013 8:42 AM EDT

• 2004Idiot
    • First: 3/12/2013
    • Last: 3/22/2013

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to ArtCarnie's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

spam

and not even funny

actually they're very funny.

The only thing that's funny is that you actually think you might be fooling anyone.

I repeat:
    Art Carney is regarded as one of the finest comic actors in television history.

Comedy is very important in one's life. Art Carney is most remembered for the simple-minded, effusive, and charismatic character of Ed Norton who played a foil to Jackie Gleason's Ralph Kramden on the situation comedy The Honeymooners.

I chose his name for my moniker in dedication to the smile he brought me and millions of fans of his.

You are not Art Carney.

Please do not confuse yourself with this great actor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

And he just added einrac to his list of aliases, which is my user name spelled backwards. As far as I can tell 2004Idiot is his main account. Could you please do something about this stalker?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Has there been any requests for a sub forum in the sports section for MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Dottie...

The "Unread Post in a thread" stars don't seem to be working right, at least on my computer. 

Before I read a thread for the first time the star is there but once I open that thread the star will never reappear even if new posts are added.

I'm currently away from home and using a recently purchased (not new) laptop running Windows XP and IE as my browser.  At home my desktop uses Windows 7 and IE and I don't have that problem at home. 

Thanks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Doesnt work on IE

Does with Firefox though

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

and now my post gets deleted. unbelievable...

Dottie, may i ask why my account got banned?? to my knowledge, i did not violate BDC rules, i did not attack another poster or anything... happy that it's opening day and no one was responding to me.... come to find out that i was banned. i've been around the forum since 2006 and had 5000 posts. never a problem child either and i get banned for -seemingly- no reason.... please look into this.

If i did violate BDC rules i apologize, please let me know what i did wrong so i can avoid doing it again in the future. Also if there is a way you could unban my account i would be grateful. i'd hate to lose my identity here because of a misunderstanding. account name MEF429.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I have noticed that benign posts have been removed from DWTS thread (TV forum).

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

thanks for clearing that up dottie. you're the best!

by the way Dottie, if you approve i would like to keep using the chatroom for the gamethreads. It is by no means an "alternative" to BDC. Just a more convenient way to talk to eachother while watching the baseball game.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

thanks for clearing that up dottie. you're the best!

by the way Dottie, if you approve i would like to keep using the chatroom for the gamethreads. It is by no means an "alternative" to BDC. Just a more convenient way to talk to eachother while watching the baseball game.

It is your desire to provide an alternative and in your next sentence you say that it is not an alternative. 

Perhaps the forum regulation forbidding advertising needs to be deleted, modified, or expanded upon. 

it's an alternative to the gamethread. gamethread- a place to discuss the game with others in realtime. the chatroom is more conducive for this in regards to instant communication and auto-refresh. You don't spend half your time refreshing the page and scrolling through posts. it just pops up and you can spend more time focused on the game and not playing with your computer.

It is not an alternative for BDC or the red sox forum. the forum is great for long term communication, discussions and debate. not so much for realtime discussions talking about a live event. A chatroom can not replace the things a forum does for you.

since it seems you don't know the difference between the 2 you should do some research.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Are the moderators reading the posts before they delete them?

I ask, because I see more and more benign posts being removed.

I wonder if they just remove stuff based on the abuse button being pressed.

Seems to leave the door wide open for game playing.

Eta: for example, the comment below was removed from the Theater/Arts forum, Livingston Taylor thread.  Why?

I prefer his brother James Taylor  "Fire and Rain"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwugjyeSKx4

Fri 04/19/13       Livingston Taylor    Shirley, MA   Bull Run Restaurant   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Several benign posts were removed from the TV forum, DWTS thread, last evening (again)!
    Such as, referring to celebrity contestant Andy Dick as The Dickster, a common playful way to create a nickname by adding "ster" to the end of a name, for example: The Bobster.

Also a fun group picture of the cast of The Mary Tyler Moore Show was removed!  

I hope the moderators are keeping track of who is pushing the abuse button frequently, for no good reason.

I consider reporting false abuse claims a form of harassment. 

Thanks

Sections
Shortcuts