1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AppDev. Show AppDev's posts

Limit headlines for new forum posts

We have a reader, regarded as abusive by most others, who up until a couple of months ago was flooding Local and World News forums with posts on essentially a single topic. Then that reader's posts were all suddenly removed, but about a month later the same reader reapppeared in forums, now including National, with a new mode of abuse: writing posts in the headlines. The latest one, turning up in World News, reads:
    ----
    FOUL PILLAR Catholicism upholds Best-In-Class oldest, best-led, organized, institutionalized, self-sustaining, society-embedded, above-the-law, child sex assault gang, creator of child molesters & rapists, attacking their children & permeating man
    ----
    Please limit headlines for new forum posts to about 80 characters (Start a New Discussion). That's enough for the vast majority, about two lines as displayed on news pages, and it will end the abuses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Limit headlines for new forum posts

In Response to Limit headlines for new forum posts:
    Please limit headlines for new forum posts to about 80 characters (Start a New Discussion). That's enough for the vast majority, about two lines as displayed on news pages, and it will end the abuses.
    Posted by AppDev

That's a good idea!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

That is a good idea. We're about to launch new forums and article comments (we're bringing them in-house), so I'll ask our devs to add that to the Phase 2 list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Some phase 2 suggestions: 

- the font has become smaller (the default font), and my eyesight ain't great so I'm straining more. Default font larger or some font preference would be great. People can be annoyed by a larger font but a smaller font is a more serious issue, so I'd argue for a larger default or at least more options to change default. 

- for discussions with multiple pages, having the numbers to scroll at the bottom is great instead of having to remember that there are more pages to see and scrolling back up to the top to advance (something from the third party software that worked well)

more font size and color choices nice for variety down the road. 

now for the belly aching "woe is me" stuff that is probably not going to happen: 

- gonna really miss photos and graphics! hope someday they come back

- my recommends on my profile are gone. :( I worked hard for those. sigh. 

p.s. new software seems much faster which is way cool. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. not sure how I feel about doing away with forum signatures. could be some value in not having them I guess. Maybe a phase 2/phase 3 thing you poll users on it and see what the verdict is?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.p.s. hope ability to edit posts is phase 2 also. :) just tried to fix mine. 

Thanks for running the best forums I participate in online!

Sections
Shortcuts