1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Multiple accounts

I dont know if this an issue on other BDC forums, but it's been an ongoing issue on red sox front burner by one poster for years. had 2 dozen accounts at one time. He uses them to decieve other posters, agree with his opinions and attack other posters. Why isnt it in the posting policy to limit one account per user and followed through??

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Multiple accounts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont know if this an issue on other BDC forums, but it's been an ongoing issue on red sox front burner by one poster for years. had 2 dozen accounts at one time. He uses them to decieve other posters, agree with his opinions and attack other posters. Why isnt it in the posting policy to limit one account per user and followed through??

[/QUOTE]
    J-Bay is absolutely correct that there are many posters who have multiple monikers under one IP address. This has resulted in a Red Sox forum that resides at a Boston newspaper being populated with my estimate of ninety percent posters that do not appear to be Red Sox fans. Many pretend that they are fans and fake phony concerns about the team, many don't admit that they are fans of rival teams, and others are seasoned generic trolls. If BDC could weed out those abusing the forum with multiple monikers per IP address, it would make the forum look much more like a Red Sox forum which I presume was the goal at inception. I am sure that this problem also permeates the Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots forums as well. I do hope that your software experts can do something about this problem. Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

I didnt say many, pike I said one, which would be you

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    J-Bay is absolutely correct that there are many posters who have multiple monikers under one IP address. This has resulted in a Red Sox forum that resides at a Boston newspaper being populated with my estimate of ninety percent posters that do not appear to be Red Sox fans. Many pretend that they are fans and fake phony concerns about the team, many don't admit that they are fans of rival teams, and others are seasoned generic trolls. If BDC could weed out those abusing the forum with multiple monikers per IP address, it would make the forum look much more like a Red Sox forum which I presume was the goal at inception. I am sure that this problem also permeates the Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots forums as well. I do hope that your software experts can do something about this problem. Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

I didnt say many, pike I said one, which would be you

[/QUOTE]
    And forget the Mikey tribe, Babe family, and Pensacola trio, and many others? Why?

[/QUOTE]

That's part of the pike patrol, with your tin foil badge.  All speculation on your part.  You on the other hand have been proven and by far, the biggest abuser, bar none. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

it's hard to have a serious debate / discussionor give give much credibility to any post when others areagreeing with themselves while using multi acctsit's even worse when they don't agree with themselves ;-)I know it sounds kinda  cute/funnybut it gets old real quickand we are talking about one guy with  75 posts a day

Nothing undermines a message board faster than an idiot with sock puppets

But youre a Yankee fan, arent you?

Your opinion is irrelevent...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am an ODB but I find the multiple accounts by users ridiculous. They bombarded us on CC with harrassing and vulgar posts a while ago. And then kept reinventing themselves. Logical solution to BDC that I gave was to verify email addresses! One of the stupid posters actually said he just recreates himself by making up email addresses and user names. That may have changed and if it did, then I apologize. Not on here a lot lately. But sounds pretty much like the same old, same old on here...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am an ODB but I find the multiple accounts by users ridiculous. They bombarded us on CC with harrassing and vulgar posts a while ago. And then kept reinventing themselves. Logical solution to BDC that I gave was to verify email addresses! One of the stupid posters actually said he just recreates himself by making up email addresses and user names. That may have changed and if it did, then I apologize. Not on here a lot lately. But sounds pretty much like the same old, same old on here...

[/QUOTE]

It stuns me that you're still kvetching about this.

Get a life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's hard to take seriously someone who can't spell deceive correctly.

There is ... uhm ... spell-check here.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

So sad for you RD....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Regarding the false accusation that was made.   No Way reindeergirl is oktret3   *smh*

There are NO similarities in the writing style at all.

The poster oktret3 seems like a nice person, in fact we had  pleasant conversation (12/28 CC)

I surmise the girl had a couple of cocktails at lunch, not a crime. 

Geesh!  They wonder why posters don't return... for every post I bet there are about 100 views,  some lurkers come here just for the entertainment :) 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I respectfully disagree Robin. It was RG. Period. She knows it and I know it. But you are entitled to your opinion. I don't venture on here often as I am not always welcomed in a nice way. Kind of hypocritical to be so judgemental of CC when you guys are no better to me when I post. Just my opinion that I hope will be respected.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@ambergirl   of course I respect your opinion...I just don't think rg has time for reindeer games!

Please take care of yourself, this is a difficult time of the year for many people.

Don't take this stuff too seriously.      Peace

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

J-BAY, we cannot limit the number of accounts a user creates for two reasons:

1) We dropped email verification at the insistence of the business side of the house because it was believed to be discouraging people from registering.

2) We do not track IP addresses, and banning by IP address doesn't work.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's deceive, not decieve.

There is a spell-check function, yes?

Isn't is not isnt - the contraction takes an apostrophe. Same with don't - you have it as dont.

How can I take your post seriously with such basic errors?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to ambergirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree Robin. It was RG. Period. She knows it and I know it. But you are entitled to your opinion. I don't venture on here often as I am not always welcomed in a nice way. Kind of hypocritical to be so judgemental of CC when you guys are no better to me when I post. Just my opinion that I hope will be respected.

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Wasn't me. But keep on being delusional - it seems to give meaning to your life.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to reindeergirl's comment:

No, there is not. Show me where it is please. I'd like to know

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's deceive, not decieve.

Isn't is not isnt - the contraction takes an apostrophe. Same with don't - you have it as dont.

How can I take your post seriously with such basic errors?

[/QUOTE]

You don't have to, nor was it directed to you. Is this a college thesis or an internet forum?  I don't take too seriously that two letters were transposed while typing, or that the contractions didn't have an apostrophe. Is that serious enough? 

Thanks for the reply, Dottie.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, there is not. Show me where it is please. I'd like to know

[/QUOTE]

It should be in the poster's brain.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

J-BAY, we cannot limit the number of accounts a user creates for two reasons:

1) We dropped email verification at the insistence of the business side of the house because it was believed to be discouraging people from registering.

2) We do not track IP addresses, and banning by IP address doesn't work.

Why don't you track IP addresses?? it's easy enough to do, and would help eliminate multiple accounts, which are running rampant on red sox front burner

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from total eclipse of the porkshop. Show total eclipse of the porkshop's posts

Banning on IP address won't work because often times workplaces both large and small are behind one IP address. So though it would seem only one IP address would be banned, that would mean anyone else at that location behind that IP address (which could be any number of other people depending on many factors) would also be banned. It simply doesn't work because this is a site that's entirely ad-driven.

EDIT: J-Bay, you really need to stop worrying so much about multiple accounts and about which posters annoy you. This is not life-or-death. If you suspect someone is a troll, just ignore them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to total eclipse of the porkshop's comment:

Banning on IP address won't work because often times workplaces both large and small are behind one IP address. So though it would seem only one IP address would be banned, that would mean anyone else at that location behind that IP address (which could be any number of other people depending on many factors) would also be banned. It simply doesn't work because this is a site that's entirely ad-driven.

EDIT: J-Bay, you really need to stop worrying so much about multiple accounts and about which posters annoy you. This is not life-or-death. If you suspect someone is a troll, just ignore them.

Who's worried or said it was life or death?? Why not improve the forum?? It's been an issue on the Red Sox forum  for a while and is not only annoying, but has driven a lot of good posters from the site. Not to mention, we can't ignore them without the ignore feature or the posts in the reply to. 

Sections
Shortcuts