1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

There's something fishy going on in the Politics forum

I can't quite put my finger on it...but something fishy is going on in the Politics forum which is making it less and less desirable forum to participate in.

It all seems to have started a couple of months ago..with the return of a particular poster. Next thing you know..there is an abundance of "new" participants..all with the same copy/paste motus operandi and some ..including the one particular poster..seem very fixated on the personal details of other posters. One "new" poster even includes a "MrCricket" who appeared as..I suppose a protagonist. In any event..it's a bit creepy from where I sit.

Also..since the return of this one particular poster I have noticed that comments are constantly being deleted..yet this poster puts up posts which are clear plaigarisms and no action is taken. Another red flag goes back to July 4th..when I put up a discussion about it being the birthday of America. Within 5 minutes..that entire post had been deleted...within 5 minutes after that.."that particular poster" had posted one which was almost identical.

Another thing I have noticed is that since the return of this particular poster...several people have been banned..including the very nice poster Greginmeffa.  It seems that anyone who disagrees with this particular poster is either banned or had harmless comments deleted. 

I might add..and perhaps I should have started out with this..that this particular poster has claimed on several occasions to have a direct line of communication to the moderators of BDC. So..what gives? Is this person a mod? If so ..then their work needs to be reviewed because they are not being objective.

One thing I have no tolerance for is a sneak and a mole...and my instincts tell me we have one in the Politics forum

Dottie, I realize there is little you can do about the personalities of posters..but if the moderating could be more balanced and objective it would certainly make a difference.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: There's something fishy going on in the Politics forum

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Also, store-bought gifilte fish is bland.

lol...I guess even though it's bland..it passed the BDC moderator test :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: There's something fishy going on in the Politics forum

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Meanwhile posts are getting pulled for both valid and invalid reasons in the politics forum...

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/michelle-leads-americans-to-better-diet-/80/6772385?page=2

To say nothing of what's going on in the red sox forum where posts and comments are getting pulled for mostly invalid reasons. I even sent an e-mail to BDC support..got a canned response and the problem has only gotten worse. Clearly no one is home or interested.....

Sections
Shortcuts