DWTS Season 15

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

DWTS Season 15

The celebrity contestants will be revealed tomorrow about 1:30 pm!    
    Maks made his acting debut http://www.tvland.com/shows/the-exes/full-episodes he shows up at approximately 14.52 on the video, if you blink you'll miss it, the show is actually pretty funny, actor Wayne Knight is a riot, I may continue to watch it on-line.            
    Off topic: Ache how do you get your paragraphs to line up so neatly with spaces in-between?  
    I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know how.  
    I'm self taught for the most part regarding the computer, I'll figure it out at some point, it's just that you have a way of explaining things that makes it seem so easy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS season 15

Hi, Robin

When youre at the end of one paragraph, and you want to start a new one, just click on the "Enter" key. If you want to put a space in between, double click the "Enter" key. That's all you have to do (ETA: That was a serious question, right?)

I forgot  about Maks' acting debut. Only lasted a few seconds, huh? Glad I missed it then. I'll take a look now to see how he did. I'll try not to blink:)

He fancies himself a Ukie/modern day version of Clark Gable, you know

*shaking head*

I love the guy, but sometimes he gets lost in self-delusion and needs to be slapped back into reality

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thanks.  
    Maks is quite handsome and talented,  but so are a lot of people in Hollywood.
    I can't say I blame him for trying to take it to the next level.
    His Dance Schools are thriving from what I've heard, and he's still with Peta.
    I hope he stays with DWTS for a long time,  it's a good gig,  probably as good as it gets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Character name: Don

You think theyd have named him Alexi or something like that

Don???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

By Hollywood.com Staff | Friday, July 27, 2012  

At ABC's TCA panel in Los Angeles this morning, the team behind Dancing With The Stars played a short clip for the press announcing the all-star cast for the upcoming fifteenth season. Thirteen DWTS alumni will return to dance another day and vie for the coveted mirror ball trophy. So who made the cut?

Pamela Anderson

Shawn Johnson

Joey Fatone

Drew Lachey

Bristol Palin

Kirstie Alley

Kelly Monaco

Apolo Anton Ohno

Gilles Marini

Emmitt Smith

Melissa Rycroft

Helio Castroneves

The final slot will be filled by either Sabrina Bryan, Carson Kressley or Kyle Massey, who will be the "Viewer's Choice All-Star," to be determined by fan vote.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Pamela Anderson [If theyre gonna invite a sexy alum back, I'd have preferred sexy Stacy Kiebler, not over-the-hill one-time major hottie, Pam Anderson]

Shawn Johnson [Gold medal winning gymnast. Recently retired. Compared to the training/discipline required in her sport, DWTS probably feels like a vacation]

Joey Fatone [Already on record what I think of this guy: Ugh]

Drew Lachey [Ditto: Meh. Although I see him potentially being a serious threat especially if paired with old partner, Cheryl Burke]

Bristol Palin [Not happy about this selection. Disappointed actually, but somebody has to be first to go this season. Might as well be her]

Kirstie Alley [Was hoping for Maks' ex-partner MelB. Will have to settle for another Maks ex, Fat Kirstie...]

Kelly Monaco [First ever DWTS winner. Is she still good looking, I wonder? I hope so]

Apolo Anton Ohno [My early favorite to win the whole thing]

Gilles Marini [This is the guy I'll be rooting for tho. Lost to Shawn Johnson (see above), but shouldnt have. He clearly brought the major talent his season]

Emmitt Smith [Beat out Mario Lopez for the MBT, but Mario proved to be the big winner anyway (he ended up dating his partner, lovely Karina Smirnoff!)

Melissa Rycroft [One of the few "stars" to overcome the Curse of Davolani. Her "star" status though is dubious: She appeared on...The Bachelor. BFD!]

Helio Castroneves [No opinion on him. An Indy car racer, I think. Nearly got thrown in jail for tax evasion]

The final slot will be filled by either Sabrina Bryan, Carson Kressley or Kyle Massey, who will be the "Viewer's Choice All-Star," to be determined by fan vote.

[Is it possible to vote for "none of the above"? PS Who is Sabrina Bryan?]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabrina_Bryan
    Pamela Anderson was quite the beauty way back when, but she changed, too many idiot boyfriends/husbands,  and did we have to hear about the hep c,  some things should remain private imo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Oh, Sabrina is a "Disney kid". Oy vey. As is Kyle Massey

So viewer's get to decided between two Disney kids and the gay guy

I'm still going with "none of the above"

PS I agree with you about Pam Anderson

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'm giving my vote to Carson Kressley,  at least we can count on him for entertainment,  plus his enthusiasm is contagious!.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS Season 15

Well, if the vote is based on talent, Carson will lose because he is without question one of the most uncoordinated/least naturally gifted dancers to appear on the show ever. Must have been a nightmare for poor Anna Trebunskaya putting a routine together for him to learn every week

Kyle Massey, on the other hand, was actually quite good. Technically he srtuggled, but on the dance floor he was very fluid. And for a fat kid, pretty graceful

No idea about Sabrina, but I suspect she is half way decent otherwise she
    wouldnt have been asked back

So how long is the poll open for? When will the winner be announced?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://vote-e.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/vote/68f05e6a-06f0-45b2-9fb2-4b580f6a1c06
        Viewers' Choice - Pick the Final All-Star for Season 15!
    Pick who YOU think should have the final spot to compete in the ballroom for the upcoming All-Star season! You'll get 5 votes each day - and voting ends on 8/24/12 at noon PT.

I tried to vote, but I never have any luck with that website,  I usually vote for the celebrities via phone, when I can get through.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

August 24th? Wow, theyre really dragging this thing out then

I'm not voting. I will let the people decide. Whoever they choose, I will be happy with

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Well, if she wants to swear off men, that's up to her, but I doubt her pledge will have to last through November, because I suspect she will be off the show by mid-October or so (The efforts of her sons and their nerdy friends on Twitter and FaceBook to up her vote tally notwithstanding)

As I recall, the first time she appeared, she was voted off fairly early (4th or 5th to go, I think), her dancing skills were nothing special, and her ballroom style, not nearly as sexy as I was anticipating

So I am not expecting much out of her this time around

I hope "Pammie" proves me wrong though

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Drumroll, please:

Emmett Smith and Cheryl Burke

Pamela Anderson and Tristan McManus

Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy

Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd

Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough

Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani

Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower

Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas

Apolo Ohno and Karina Smirnoff

Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson

Kirstie Alley and Maks Chmerkovskiy

Here are 10 Olympians we want to see on Dancing With the Stars

Meanwhile, viewers can still vote to choose between Carson Kressley, Kyle Massey and Sabrina Bryan, to determine which famous face gets the final spot in the lineup. The winner will be announced on Aug. 27.

The new season of DWTS starts Sept. 24.

My early prediction for the winner:  Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

error/repeat post

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you, Robin

Interesting. Only one of the returning six winners (Emmett Smith) is paired with his old partner. Of the other five:

Shawn Johnson won with Mark Ballas/now paired with YDH (I call that an upgrade)
    Drew Lachey won with Cheryl Burke/now paired with Anna Treb (I call that a downgrade)
    Helio Castroneves won with Julieanne Hough (YDH sis)/now paired with Chelsea Hightower (big downgrade)
    Apollo Anton Ono also won with JH/now paired with lovely Karina (I call that one about even)
    Kelly Monaco...dont know with whom she won first time, but with Maks' little bro as her new partner, it's highly unlikely she will be a repeat winner (So to me, that's a downgrade. Sorry, Val, but a Chmerkovskiy will never win DWTS)

Four returning "losers" also paired with original partners: Melissa Rycroft/Tony, Kirstie Alley/Maks, Joey Fatone/Kym, Bristol Palin/MB

Dont know if Gilles and Peta will win the MBT, but they are the favorites to win the Steamiest Duo on the Dance Floor award. Hope Maks doesnt get too jealous. Wouldnt be the first time if he did

And I see Tristan is paired off with aging sexpot, Pam Anderson. Another OB for Tristan again? Yes, this one probably more to his liking though

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Poor Tristan, but at least Pammie will be fun!

Ache, check out the relationship forum, I can't tell if this guy is for real or not?

Start with "Where to live"   and then   "Follow up to moving in"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Seems legit to me, Robin, although I must admit, my eyes started to glaze over somewhere around the middle of the third paragraph. Also felt a headache coming on too. And I never get headaches. Might have been my ADD kicking in...

That was a long OP. A really l-o-n-g OP

Would have to reread to know for sure whether the guy is sincere or not, but I would rather not put myself through that torture again. I'm sure you understand

I saw you raise a red flag, advising others to proceed with caution. Did you see something to indicate the guy is a phoney?

Okay, I'm gonna go find something for this headache

Good night

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

No!   I meant for the original poster and gf to proceed with caution regarding their relationship!
     He mentioned several things that raised concern as to whether they are even right for each other at all!     I changed it so it's clearer, Thanks.

Yeah, it's a long post, poor guy is probably having a panic attack!

I try to stay out of those relationship forums, you really don't know what you're dealing with.   But it was the first question they've had in months.

Like they say:  A picture is worth a thousand words.  So, if we could see the people and hear the other side of the story, we might come to a totally different conclusion!

PS: Sorry you got a headache, I won't ask you to go up there again.  Take a couple of aspirin.     Sleep well,      Robin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Isn't William Levy (DWTS) adorable in this commercial!

It's only 31 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUqXtgEWEPs

Ache, tell Maks he should be getting these kind of endorsements.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

That ad is pretty hilarious lol

William does a good job with it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Maks is in the news again:  http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/hope-solo-and-maksim-chmerkovskiy-post-2012178

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I find it hard to believe Maks would be that aggressive with one of his partners. Although Hope did call him the "girliest man she ever met", which I know did not go over well with him. Maybe he spent the rest of the season "punishing" her for the remark, trying to prove just how un-girly he can be

And remember the back stage footage that was shown of them late in the season? It was during a rehearsal for a group dance I think. Real bad vibe going on between them. Lots of tension. Very noticeable

So there was something about the relationship that was definitely not good

Most of Maks' partners seem to love him. Hope is one who didnt

Maybe now we know why?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Sounds a little like Borderline Personality Disorder (Hope Solo) to me.

Especially with a new book coming out and all.

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/celebrity/view/20120818hope_solo_says_maksim_chmerkovskiy_slapped_her_during_dwts/srvc=home&position=6
    Watch the interview.   She obviously has unresolved issues, which can lead to overreaction to minor slights and perceived rejection. 

Remember the character that Glenn Close portrayed in Fatal Attraction, Alex Forrest (classic bpd).    "I will not be ignored!"

I believe Maks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I believe that every moment of practice time...all the hours the dancers/partners put in of rehearsal...is videotaped, so if Maks did get rough with Hope, there'd be video evidence of it

Maks knows this. I doubt he would risk making himself look bad by deliberately "manhandling" her throughout. That kind of thing wouldnt be tolerated anyway

Maybe because she is an athlete, he pushed her a little harder than most. I have no idea. The smack to the face sounds like an accident to me

I'm with you. Maks is our dear friend. We have to support him in this thing...

I disagree with you about the interview though. I thought Hope represented herself pretty well in it. Ive seen 10,000 interviews with athletes, and in most of them, the athlete never says anything remotely interesting. Hope's interview was at least not boring. And she looked good too

Sections
Shortcuts