DWTS Season 15

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS Season 15

In response to ambergirl's comment:

Ache, you have to love my freaking picture : )

Yes, it's great

That kid has hair only an IBEW worker could love

No wonder he's so upset

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Off topic:  Ache,   what is amusing about a child experiencing mental anguish?

I don't get it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nothing. Mental anguish sucks. Whether it's affecting a child or an adult

I think that kid looks more frustrated than anguished though

Flat iron malfunction while straightening his hair?

Maybe he accidentally burned himself

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Not to make a "Rorschach Test" out of this, but it looks like a terrified female child that has an adult with a camera standing over her... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I thought it was a male child actually lol

The photo is posed though, isnt it? Not a depiction of actual distress. That kid isnt really suffering, is he/she?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

PEOPLE MAGAZINE

Let's hear it for the girls!

For the first time, Dancing with the Stars will showcase an all-female finale, with Shawn Johnson, Melissa Rycroft and Kelly Monaco competing for the mirror ball trophy next week to complete the all-star season.

"Unbelievable," says Rycroft, who finished third on season 8. "The three of us are standing up on that stage going: 'We beat all the boys!' How really does that happen?"

And while the spotlight will be on the women, for one man her pro partner Tony Dovolani the finals are particularly important. In 14 seasons, he's only made it twice, getting no higher than third, first in season 2 with Stacy Keibler in 2006, then with Rycroft in 2009.

"For me, winning the trophy would be everything," he says.

The women, who reached the finals Tuesday after Apolo Ohno and Emmitt Smith were sent home, are vying in a race that features two former champs.

Johnson, who won in season 8, says she's "so excited" to go for the trophy again, while Monaco, the show's first winner back in 2005, is ready for battle. She notes she's one of five girls in her family and "can step in the ring" with anyone.

"I embrace girl power!" she says. "So I think it's awesome. I'm honored to be up there with two amazing women."

https://www.examiner.com/article/dwts-derek-hough-tweets-about-finals-says-freestyle-is-kicking-his-butt?cid=rss      Derek may be leaving DWTS after this year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Lesser-known Stars left to face off in finale
    Last dance

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/general/view.bg?articleid=1061177289&format=text

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin, do you know how I can get in touch with Slackerjackbu?

He has a reputation for not knowing what day it is, and I just wanted to remind him that it's Monday and that the finale is tonight. I would hate for him to miss it. If he does, I have no other choice than to flunk him for the semester

I think it's YSJ all the way, but nothing would please me more than Melissa winning. If she does win it, there will be no more talk from me about the Dovolani Curse, because it will have been broken!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I've seen him in politics from time to time and maybe one of the sports forums...

Tonight should be exciting! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Okay, Robin. Thank you. I will quickly look over there before taking William out for his walk

William is very amped up as usual for finale night. You should see him. He's so excited

He keeps looking at me wondering when the show is going to start

ETA: No sign of jackbu in either location. I hope for his sake he remembers what day it is 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Melissa and Tony!    PLEASE!!!!

I thought Val playing the violin was cool.   Ache, are you a musician?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I want all three couples to win. There are all so amazing. I am hoping for Melissa and Tony, but I think Shawn and Derek will take it due to the popularity vote. Glad I am not one ogf the judges. Should be an interesting show tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Hi, pingo

I thought YSJ blundered going with the Quick Step as her repeat dance last night. Her performance was fine, but it lacked the Wow Factor that made the dance so memorable and appealing the first time around. There was no way she was going to match the level of intensity and excitement generated by that initial performance IMO (nevermind top it), so why even try?

Not to mention the automati deductions she knew she'd incur for the lift and breaks in hold

On a night when the judges were being extremely generous (176 points awarded out of a possible 180), YSJ basically threw away three points. Now for the first time all year she is at the bottom of the leaderboard

I still think she has enough popular support to win, but she trails Melissa by 1.7% in the judges vote (34% to 32.3%). Doesnt seem like much, but it may be enough to swing the result Melissa's way

Wont that be something?

Hey, Robin, you dont think the Dovolani Curse will actually be broken this evening, do you?

Is history about to be made on DWTS tonight?

ETA: No, I am not a musician:)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I hope so!  I voted on my landline and cellphone (doesn't everyone?)

I have never seen Tony this happy and animated...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Tony is starting to taste it right now, I bet. He's got a legit shot too 

I thought it was a little arrogant of YSJ to perform a dance she knew ahead of time she'd be deducted for. I also thought it was weird seeing the "Fierce Five" in her free style. Didnt like it actually

So I'm feeling a shift of allegiance/momentum toward Melissa

Good luck, Tony. Beat the Curse. You can do it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Shocker in the Ballroom!
           Melissa and Tony win the MBT!
          Dovolani Curse Finally Thwarted!
          Robin's Vote the Deciding Factor!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

YAY!!!    I am so happy for Melissa and Tony!  I think you're right,  those extra votes I called in on my cell did the trick  ;)

http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/429298#i0,p0,d1 Jimmy Kimmel excerpt

Melissa and Tony have been on GMA and the other morning shows today, Tony had his daughter with him, so cute!

ETA: I was just curious Ache,    in response to  "ETA: No, I am not a musician:)"

My Momma told me to stay away from musicians....I wish I hadn't listened LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So the suspense is over. I am so happy for Melissa and Tony.

Ache, I was also so surprised, that Shawn selected the quick step, she had done twice already. It had lost the excitement and, as you say, the WOW factor. I sat waiting for them to jump off the stairs. It had somehow gotten old. Big mistake. They lost valuable points repeating it.
    But I don't think that was why they came in number 2. Melissa and Tony couldn't have been more perfect last night. Way above 3 tens. 

Now what is it with Val and Kelly? Tom mentioned something about romance last night. Still, Kelly keep talking about friendship and Val said last night, "It is, what it is." So they leave us to keep guessing. Ache, what does your friend Maks have to say about them?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@pingo   I know you want Ache's opinion but in the meantime if I may offer one.

Val is 26    Kelly is 36    Val is in love,   Kelly is taking it slow, she's probably been down this road before.   That being said, it appears there is genuine affection between the two of them and that the relationship is mutually beneficial, in example Kelly just mentioned on The View this morning that Val has a guest spot on General Hospital (her show) coming up. 

It may be the real thing, time will tell.

BTW: If Val can get a recurring role on General Hospital...he'll be all set.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to: "Gee thanks for thinking about me. Is the show over, if so who won."

@jackbu   please review and get back to us with your input!   

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/index

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/dancing-stars-stars-winners-crowned-041755627.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, you are probably right. It is quite obvious, Val has fallen head over heel for Kelly, but she may be worried over the age difference - even though it doesn't matter these days - and is trying to keep her distance.
    Val at General Hospital? He will do well. Wishing him luck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Val and Maks come from a tight knit ethnic family,  so she would have to meet the parents and get the stamp of approval,  and then there is the issue of children?   All this and more if they decide they are serious about their relationship...but like I said it might be the real thing!

Or it could be just a fling.

As Frank Sinatra would say  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBdOr2iRGRc

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

Now what is it with Val and Kelly? Tom mentioned something about romance last night. Still, Kelly keep talking about friendship and Val said last night, "It is, what it is." So they leave us to keep guessing. Ache, what does your friend Maks have to say about them?

pingo, Ive asked Maks about Val and Kelly several times, but he refuses to answer. I am sure he knows what is going on between them, but he is a little jealous about Val receiving so much attention this season. Maks is never truly happy unless the spotlight is shining brightest on him

But now that the season is over, maybe Maks will level with me. If/when he does, I will let you know

Until then, I am going with Robin's evaluation. Seems pretty reasonable to me

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin, now that you have broken the Dovolani Curse, you need to go to work on the Chmerkovskiy Curse, okay? It needs to be broken too. Not gonna be easy. It affects two people and is at least as long standing as the Dovolani. So good luck! You have four months prep time to devise a strategy. DWTS' new season starts in March

By the way, happy 100th Albanian Independence day today:)