DWTS Season 15

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: DWTS Season 15

Hi, Robin

Looks like Kelly has Sleepy's full seal of approval. I'm sure that means a lot to Val (and Maks). I know that when William acts friendly toward someone, I tend to like that person more than I would otherwise

Before we decide what forum to post the next DWTS thread in, I think we first need to consult with jackbu to find out which one he prefers. Whichever is the most convenient for our resident DWTS scholar is the one that we should go with

Havent tried the soup yet. What do I need? A head of cabbage, a box of macaroni, and what else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Edit

PS: You can often find Cabbage Soup at your local Jewish Deli in quart sized containers frozen, it's pretty good  :) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

That's probably a better option for me, Robin

My idea of making soup is opening up two can of Progresso Traditional Turkey Noodle, heating it on the stove, and serving it in bowl with a few saltines

And a tall glass of milk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yeah, the CC girls make light of it, but it is a bit of work,  I only do it because I have the time now and

1) It's cost effective

2) I avoid chemicals and junk  (although the Jewish Deli stuff is good)

3) I have to make fresh chicken broth for my old dog anyway

4) Provides a healthy intake of veggies

PS: Ache if you get sick this winter, let me know and I will make you a big pot of homemade chicken soup with plenty of noodles.                                                        I will personally deliver it to a mutually agreed upon drop off location.....of course I will wear a big brown paper bag over my head and I'll cover up my license plate so that we can protect our anonymities  :)         You can share with William but be careful not to give him any onion or garlic.                                                   

*(random picture of a bowl of chicken soup obtained from a public site on the internet deleted)

You're right, the most cerebral member of this group should decide where the next DWTS forum should be held...that leaves me out 

You guys decide and let me know, I'll go with the flow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin LOL

And I'll wear a Len Goodman mask/talk in a British accent etc to hide my identity too, ok?

No need to disguise William. You already know what he looks like. He enjoys playing dress up though, so I may put a little Zorro mask on him, so that he doesnt feel left out

That is a delicious looking soup right there. I might get sick on purpose just so that I can have a bowl

Btw, funny you should mention garlic and onion. That is William's favorite flavor of...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

NOOO!!!  Regarding the Pringles  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, your soup looks yummy! I just made the cabbage soup tonight. DH asked for it, he wanted something light.
    I don't want to make this to an all out cabbage chopping competition, but I am really curious to know, what you do so differently, that you think it is a lot of work.
    I had a good size head of cabbage - about 6 inches across. I used half of it. I cut the half in half and sliced it thinly with a sharp knife. It took me exactly 1 minute and 12 seconds. Yes, I used a stop watch just for fun. Starting it, when I cut the full head in half.
    Anyway, which ever way you do it, it is a delicious soup and very filling. Tonight I added some chicken/garlic meat balls, I had leftover in my freezer. Delicious! 

In response to Robin39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, the CC girls make light of it, but it is a bit of work,  I only do it because I have the time now and

1) It's cost effective

2) I avoid chemicals and junk  (although the Jewish Deli stuff is good)

3) I have to make fresh chicken broth for my old dog anyway

4) Provides a healthy intake of veggies

PS: Ache if you get sick this winter, let me know and I will make you a big pot of homemade chicken soup with plenty of noodles.                                                        I will personally deliver it to a mutually agreed upon drop off location.....of course I will wear a big brown paper bag over my head and I'll cover up my license plate so that we can protect our anonymities  :)         You can share with William but be careful not to give him any onion or garlic.                                                   

chicken soup bowl_of_chicken_soup.jpg  

You're right, the most cerebral member of this group should decide where the next DWTS forum should be held...that leaves me out 

You guys decide and let me know, I'll go with the flow.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I probably cut up the cabbage more than I needed to, next time should be easier.

Plus I find chopping/cutting arduous, so maybe it's me.

I like the end result but I don't always enjoy the process!

PS:  Why do some posters have to obfuscate a simple expession of opinion....smh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Fa La La La,-La La,-La,-LA!    Fa La La La La, - La La, - La, - LA! 

A painting by Dr Jack Kevorkian   http://www.davidstreetsbeverlyhills.com/kevorkian-estate-sale/    

Happy Holidays!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Is that mistletoe I see in the picture, Robin? Interesting spot where it is hung, huh? Dr Jack had a fun sense of humor, I guess. I miss him, dont you?

PS Obfuscation? Who is obfuscating? Sounds like something OBN would do

Tell me which one of the Mean Girls is the guilty party, Robin, and I will bar her from next month's Freak Fest

That'll fix her

She'll think twice about obfuscating next time...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I learned a new word, lol, and couldn't wait to use it!  BTW: Ache,  you inspire me to do so.

I met Dr Kevorkian a few years ago, he was a very kind and compassionate man  (another crazy Armenian!)  I mean that in an affectionate way.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!   Robin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you, Robin

Happy holidays to you too!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin and Ache,

Happy Holidays to you both!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thanx, pingo

Glaedelig Jul

(I hope I spelled that right:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just  popping on BDC and I am hoping you Ache and you Robin had a very Merry Christmas! (loved your picture Robin, cracked me up!) Happy New Year too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache, YDH (DWTS) co-hosted on The View today

http://abc.go.com/watch/the-view/SH559080/VD55257868/the-view-1227

He looked well, he didn't say much.   I can't stand Babs!  That OB needs to retire imo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Haha

I havent seen Barbara Walters in a long time. Is she starting to fail now? Somebody needs to tell her then. Do her a big favor. She must be pushing 80 at this stage

Thanks for the link, Robin

Didnt one of The View ladies appear on DWTS a few seasons ago?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Happy holidays, ambergirl

P&L

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Sherry Shepherd was on DWTS, she had Val as a partner  (Season 14 eliminated 3rd).

BW has had some really good cosmetic work,  she looks younger now than she did decades ago when she was on the Today Show.   She also has had major cardiac surgery not too long ago.

If I was her I think I'd move to Hawaii and just hang out at the beach all day and sip Margaritas.... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

----She must be pushing 80 at this stage---

You are right about that, Ache. And some more. She was born in Boston in 1929. I think she looks rediculous with her faces lifts. It doesn't match her age. Her face skin is too taut. Looks like it is so tight, she has a tought time to talk.
    I am surprised, she still is a TV personality. I don't know anyone, who likes her. One should think, she had made enough dough to retire.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

1929, huh? That means she's 83 years old. Wow. She's been around since the Hoover administration. Amazing she has lasted so long on television

You gotta admit, she looks pretty good in that picture with the President and First Lady, pingo. A little fragile, but not bad at all

Three OBs in the picture btw: Obama, Obama, and Barbara!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Edit 

I'll start a new thread 2013...