DWTS Season 15

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 15

I'm still pulling for Gilles and Peta or Melissa and Tony,  Tony's long overdue for a win!

I don't actually vote, I did one season but it seemed like too much trouble,  I tried to vote online but was unable to get through for some reason....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/episode-guide/EP016125130005-1503A-Dancing-with-the-Stars 

The head in hand scene is toward the end of this clip at 40-41 minutes,  you're right, he looks like he feels a migraine coming on!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

pingo, yes

Kelly Monaco. I missed her performance Monday but saw it last night on the recap show, and it was pretty spectacular. A definite chemistry between her and Val. Wouldnt surprise me if they have something going on 'off-screen' as well. If so, good luck to them. Two very attractive people

Regarding Kirstie: She has the built-in advantage of being very well known, a luxury that many of the others do not enjoy. (Sabrina Bryan, for instance, is famous for doing what exactly? Ditto Melissa Rycroft, Drew Lachey, and even Gilles Marini). People like her for 'Cheers' and for that talking baby movie and for being Maks' partner. She has hung around this season longer than her talent suggests she deserves to, but that's the benefit she receives for being popular and for having a legit show biz resume with supportive fan base

I have no problem with it. I find her ditzy personality charming, natural, and very likeable

Bristol Palin on the other hand...UGH

Audible groans and booing in the audience when it was announced she was safe

(My dog, William, broke wind immediately after the announcement)

Hated to see Helio go. I liked him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin:

The Red Sox overcame the Curse of the Bambino in 2004

Hopefully with Melissa at his hip, Tony vanquishes the dreaded Dovolani Curse in 2012

Not going to be easy though

Whom do they displace just to gain a spot in the Final Three?

Shawn/YDH? Gille/Peta? Emmett/Cheryl? Apolo/Karina?

I do not see it happening, but I am rooting for them

Melissa by the way is gorgeous. How did she ever lose out on that Bachelor show?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20638013,00.html

A $400 bottle of wine!  The best I ever had was Dom Perignon Champagne :)

Interesting, Gilles had some kind words for Bristol.

Oh well,  another debate on tonight, entertainment!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am sure he can afford it, Robin - so let him enjoy it. I like red wine too. I do have my preferences, and they are not expensive ones. Have you ever tried the Chuck-a-Buck wines at TJ's? If you hit the right ones, they are phenomenal. Our DIL is a wine connoisseur and she has recommended us lovely wines that were less than $10.
    Champagne is not my thing, but even though Dom Peignor is a wellknown Champagne, it is not the best one. If you really want to celebrate, go for Cristal or Tattinger.

In response to Robin39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20638013,00.html

A $400 bottle of wine!  The best I ever had was Dom Perignon Champagne :)

Interesting, Gilles had some kind words for Bristol.

Oh well,  another debate on tonight, entertainment!

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@pingo,  I know there are a lot of inexpensive wines that are fine, especially for table wine.

I just couldn't imagine having anything that expensive (like Gilles had) unless it was an extra special occasion, and even then I'm not sure I could enjoy it unless I had just won the lottery.   It sounds like he drank it like soda pop, but you're right I guess he can afford it.

Cheap Champagne is another story (ugh)!   Back in the day Dom Perignon was a big deal, they say it was Marilyn Monroe's favorite.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin, to be truthful, I am really modest in my wine (and Champagne, when it calls for it) choice. Once, we were at Vegas with friends, he won big - really big - and he bought a $700 bottle of Champagne to celebrate. Sorry, but he wasted it on me. Tasted like Ginger Ale to me. LOL
    The same goes for wine. My favorite red wine is not expensive and comes in a magnum bottle. Guess a lot of people will snicker at that. But I like it, so that is what I drink.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I have found some nice dry red wines from Portugal that are very reasonable (under $10).

You must have the vacuum wine pump preserver if you don't consume it all after opening.

I'm sure your DIL told you about that. I guess wine can go bad after 3 days of having been opened, but with the vacuum thing it lasts a week...maybe 2, even then it won't hurt you if you drink it, but it won't taste the same,  you can still use it as vinegar for a salad!

PS:  Cheap Champagne can give you the worst hangover ever!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/411123#i0,p5,s10,d0

Jimmy Kimmel Live  dwts cast offs come on at about 30 minutes.

They use the word "controversy"  when discussing Bristol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you, Robin. I forgot about Kimmel

Anna looking great. Chelsea, fat

Drew must have taken a few swigs of Gilles' wine before the interview

I'm okay with Bristol outlasting him (and Pam and Joey), but not Helio

They need to bring back the DanceOff!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I hardly recognized Paula (too much filler?)  but she was a pleasant addition and seemed to have a calming effect on Len.    Thank goodness Bristol had the good sense to talk Mark out of Bunny costumes, the horror!  Too much emotion for me, Karina crying,  Bollywood?  What's up with Val and Kelly, maybe Ache is right and they are involved.

I hope Kirstie goes tonight, I don't find her entertaining at all, and I worry about Maks hurting his back with all that lifting!

PS: Kelly is 36, Val is 26     http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/does-kelly-monaco-have-a-boyfriend

Tony Dovolani,   I assumed he was Italian (not)  he's Albanian.    I was happy he finally got some positive feedback from the judges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Dovolani     He is an avid golfer and enjoys hitting the links whenever his schedule allows, playing in Pro-AM and charity tournaments.                                          

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Too bad Val doesnt have the kind of standing on the show that some of the other more established pro dancers do, otherwise I think he'd have a legit shot at winning this season. He and Kelly are an intriguing pair to watch and were really good again last night performing that modern dance routine. I dont know if theyre 'involved' or not, but they sure look like they are. Theyre a very hot couple

I reranked everybody after last night:

Top level: Shawn, Gilles, Kelly, Melissa (in that order)
    Middle tier: Emmett, Apolo
    Bottom tier: Sabrina, Kirstie, Bristol

Hopefully someone from the bottom row is voted off tonight. Might be Sabrina. She was in the bottom 3 last week, isnt very well known, her partner is not one of the favored pros, and I think America is as tired as I am of looking at her big belly twirling around the ballroom. I'm fine with either Kirstie or Bristol going as well of course

And did I hear right? No eliminations next weeK? Ridiculous. So next Monday's show is basically an exhibition? Ugh. Really dumb idea

ETA: Oops! Prez debate next Monday. It starts at 9, hence DWTS only an hour long that night and why there will be no elimination next Tuesday. Apparently the surprise double elimination last week was in anticipation of the upcoming debate. Presidential politics affecting  the DWTS schedule. Am I the last person on the planet to realize this?  Why didnt somebody tell me?

PS Tony and I once played 18 at Ponky. We made it match play, and he beat me one up...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Bristol's gone,  next Kirstie?   Nice to have the elimination show in 1 hour without all the fluff.

http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/413956    Jimmy Kimmel Live, Bristol and Mark come on at about 28 minutes.

Poor Susan Boyle looked like she was in a state of panic, good thing for her they lip sync everything!

Donny Osmond spent most of his time on stage trying to comfort her.

She really should reconsider doing live performances if it's that difficult, after all, she's had her 15 minutes. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Couldn't have said that better, Slim. I felt bad for Bristol too even though I never liked her dancing and wished her out from the beginning. She must have been feeling awful, being picked last. I always hated 'picking teams'. What is up with that anyway? Will the team dance together or what? And no elemination next week.

It would be nice to see Tony get the Mirror Ball, but I am still voting for Shawn and Derek. They are doing some amazing stunts. Val and Kelly are great too. They dance so well together. Their contemporary dance was a difficult task, but they pulled it off wonderfully.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Deleted/decided not to comment.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

No problem,   I agree, we'll stick to DWTS.  I shouldn't have gone there!

I have been known to vote for someone because I thought they had good hair, so don't pay any attention to me!   Peace

PS: I like to hear different opinions, I do try to give them some thought and consideration.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, the Great New England Earthquake of 2012: Nobody got hurt, no property was damaged, hardly anyone even felt it except for a few junior geologists on FaceBook with their homemade seismographs

And for that they made us miss the first 10 minutes of our favorite show? Pfffft...

I thought Donnie Osmond acted a little too "comforting" toward wacky Susan Boyle last night. Too many whispers in her ear. The gesture called attention to itself. One would have been sufficient. It was if he was trying to show America what a wonderful guy he is. At least that is what it looked like to me. Donnie, we already know youre a nice guy. Next time youre on stage with wacky Sue, dont whisper her so much please. Leave her alone. You probably made her even more nervous than she already was

Sidenote: Anagram for Susan Boyle: "Sensual YOB"

Where is YOB btw? Does anyone know? I actually miss that OB. I hope she's okay

PS Thank you, Robin, for the Kimmel links and time approximations. I appreciate them

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yobettyob  Please check in and let us know you're okay,  the Holidays are coming and we tend to think of people we haven't seen in a while.

Ache I saw Donny try to step away from Susan but she extended a trembling hand while she was singing/lip syncing, so he moved back in and took it, he was probably afraid she would scream or bolt from the stage, painful to watch.

I didn't notice any earthquake activity last evening.   In 1989 I was in a brick building in Winthrop  (evening shift) and the building swayed, walls went wavey for less than a minute, that's the only earthquake activity I ever experienced, it was barely mentioned on the news.