DWTS Season 15

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: DWTS Season 15

I'm hoping for Tony and Melissa to make it!

Poor Shawn with the 2 of them directing her,  Mark is goofy, I wonder how Bristol would have done if she had Derek as her partner, I guess he'll be back next week after all.

Gilles and Peta are so ridiculously beautiful they're almost boring, like Barbie and Ken!

Kelly and Val seem preoccupied with whatever it is they've got going on, I find it distracting.

Kirstie will probably get tons of votes just for helping Hurricane Sandy victims.

Apolo and Karina will definitely make it to the finals, but I feel like he has a big advantage, isn't ice skating a lot like dancing?

Maybe Emmit and Kirstie will be next to go...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, I guess it's unanimous then. I too am rooting for Melissa. Last time she was on, she made it to the finale along with Gilles and YSJ. Will be interesting to see if all three make it back again. I think Apolo will have something to say about that though

Speaking of Apolo: He's a speed skater, Robin, not an ice skater (ie, figure skater). BIG difference:)

And FWIW, the judges awarded 242 points last night (193 for the fusion dances and 49 in the Swing Dance Marathon). Below is a list of the dancers with their ombined scores along with their percentge of the total score:

Melissa - 39 points (16.1%)
    YSJ - 38 points (15.8%)
    Kelly - 36 points (14.9%)
    Emmett - 34.5 points (14.2%)
    Gilles - 33.5 (13.8%)
    Apolo 33 (13.7%)
    Kirstie - 28 (11.6%)

Not sure what utility there is in these numbers without knowing how many votes are tallied every week, but I'm a stats kinda guy, and I enjoy looking at them:)

I'll have Slacker Jackbu update the numbers for us next week. (I'm joking, of course)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thanks for the clarification Ache, I have to admit other than that Tonya Harding, Nancy Kerrigan debacle I haven't paid much attention to ice skaters or speed skaters....Apollo is good though.

Anxious about the election results, I'm going to stay up and follow it,  Ayla Brown will be singing with her band at some point.  Anything could happen!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ayla looks like her father
    The other one looks like her mother
    Both good looking girls
    I dont know if either is as attractive as a young Gail Huff however
    ETA: I think I said that once before though

I hope Ayla doesnt sing "Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield tonight. That's the song that got her knocked off American Idol!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I can't believe that OB won,  I hope I don't have another disappointment in the morning :(

11:20pm   BUMMER.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe that OB won,  I hope I don't have another disappointment in the morning :(

11:20pm   BUMMER.

[/QUOTE]

When I read "OB" at first, I thought you were referring to Obama, but you mean Granny Warren lol

Yeah, I could hardly believe it either. But most polls leading up to the election showed her ahead by a few points, so I wasnt all that surprised by the result

A month or two ago, I thought for sure the "fake Indian" thing would do her in, but I guess she had enough time and money to overcome/outlast the negative attention it brought her. She never once addressed the issue in a believeable or honest way though. She always avoided a direct response and somehow got away with it. In the end it didnt matter

If one of her students responded to a test question the way she did inquiries about her claim to American Indian ancestry, she would have to fail that student

Agree with Slim about the Republican party. Time to reload. Stop pandering to the extremists and start appealing more to the moderate right again 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I found the whole Indian thing offensive "My mother told me."   LOL, try that answer in a court of law. 

I like Mitt Romney,  I would have voted for Donald Trump if he ran.

I like a strong man that knows how to manage money!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

When I was young, my mother told me I was a descendent of Nicholas Romanoff, the last tsar of Russia

I think she was joking, but regardless, if my mother said so, it has to be true, right?

ETA: And if anyone suggests otherwise, I will onsider it as an attack against my family and against my heritage

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Exactly!  My mother told me all kinds of stuff, that's what they did...especially back in the day when there was no dna or internet, they just wanted you to feel special!

Example: "In the old country your great great grandmother was the only doctor for an entire village and she rode around in a horse and buggy to see her patients."

I actually believed it for a long time until I realized there was no way I could confirm.     

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_II_of_Russia       This guy?

A mother wouldn't lie... confabulate maybe  ;)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yes, Robin. That's him. Uncle Nick. I love his trademark manicured beard, dont you? So much nicer than the big, bushy things worn during the time of Ivan the Terrible and Catherine the Great (before the Russian Beard Tax was imposed)

You know the part in Sympathy for the Devil where it goes, "Anastasia screamed in vain"? Well, Anastasia was Uncle Nick's daughter (and my cousin thrice removed). Beautiful girl, but very anemic. In fact all the Romanoffs suffered from anemia

When our family moved to America we changed our name to Washington because of fear the Bolscheviks would hunt us down and rub us out...just like they did to Uncle Nick and his immediate family in 1918

94 years later we're still here, the only white family in America with the surname Washington

That's what my mother told me anyway, so it has to be true

Senator-elect Granny Warren will vouch for me, I'm sure

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Anastasia in white, St Petersburg 1912

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache our people were neighbors,  many of my ancestors were wiped out by the Armenian genocide (1916-1923) my grandparents barely made it over here by stowing away on a ship.

Very proud people, insisted on working despite not speaking English,  and like your family many of them altered their surnames, it wasn't cool to be ethnic back then.

Cher is 1/2 Armenian and her mother told her she's part Cherokee Indian. 

I'm embarrassed to say I'm not familiar with Sympathy for the Devil...but will make a point of checking it out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

(edited)

Maybe that's why I like DWTS (belly dancing!)   Regarding Uncle Nick,  is there a family resemblance?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

SFTD is an old Rolling Stones song. I'm sure youve heard it before. It was included on the oundtrack for Coming Home actually http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8 

A family resemblance between me and Uncle Nick? Yes, a little around the eyes. That's it though. The only kind of facial hair I have ever had any success with in my life is a goatee. Compared to the magnificent growth on Uncle Nick, mine is rather puny

Armenian, huh? Nice! Your grandparents were brave souls to make the journey to America. I imagine their situation at home was brutal, oppressive though

1.5 million annihilated in the Armenian Genocide. I think that's the number. 90 years later there are Turks who still refuse to acknowledge the nature of what took place. Incredible

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'm only 1/2,  like Cher and the Kardashian girls.

The old timers talked about it a lot (the genocide). 

I recognized SFTD right away  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hey, Robin, if I can persuade the event committee to appropriate funds for the purchase one high quality belly dancing outfit, would you be interested in performing for us at Freak Fest in January?

I'm always looking to add new things every year, as you know, and live dancing is a feature that's been long overdue

Belly dancing is a blast too. Biv fans will go crazy for it

I want the performance to be tasteful of course

Do you think this is something you'd be interested in?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Oh, don't think that would be a good idea Ache...thanks anyway

DWTS celeb Kirstie Alley will be on 20/20 tonight for her Barbara interview.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Okay, Robin. I didnt think you'd jump for it. I hope youre not offended by my asking

It's just that we conducted exit polling after last year's Freak Fest, and a majority of the respondents requested dancing girls for next time

But no problem. I'll simply post picture's of Karina's old Playboy spread instead. That will keep everyone happy. Biv fans are very easy to please

PS Thanks for the tv update

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I'm not offended :)

PS: Don't know what happened to the Kirstie interview...this is all I could find  http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/kirstie-alley-interview-dancing-stars-champion-discusses-memoir-17664043?tab=9482931&section=1206833

How come you spell the name Romanoff vs Romanov?    http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780345406408?redirected=true&gclid=CJn8yOTexLMCFahQOgoduHsAqg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Romanov is the standard spelling. I prefer Romanoff though

The "ff"stands for Freak Fest

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Kirstie got pre-empted again last night, huh?

What she get bumped for this time?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I don't know...maybe Patrick Swayze's widow complained.  It's odd but that 3 minute clip is all I could find of it.