No WODMAD, no cry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

No WODMAD, no cry

For those of you wondering what's up with the WODMAD, well, I had to call it off

For three reasons:

1) Lack of interest (on your part)
    2) Lack of host (also your fault)
    3) (No offense, Cedric, but) Lack of a worthy honoree

That last one is on me, I'm afraid. I guess I believed my own hype or something, because I genuinely thought I could throw a party for anyone on the board, including someone as twerpy as the diddler, and the rest of you idiots would support it. But obviously I was wrong. For that, I do apologize...

The WODMAD, as you know, was scheduled to take place sometime during the month of August. Today is September the first. In other words, we had 31 days to get it done, and we couldnt do it

So it aint happenin', folks. As of right now, I am officially shutting it down

Oh, well

No WODMAD, no cry...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from s-jack. Show s-jack's posts

Re: No WODMAD, no cry

No WODMAD, no cry

Rise up this mornin',
    Smiled with the risin' sun,
    Three little g00ches
    Pitch by my doorstep
    chalking lame limericks
    Of Punie Junie's WOTD,
    Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Is that Marleys son? b.g.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: No WODMAD, no cry:
    [QUOTE]No WODMAD, no cry Rise up this mornin', Smiled with the risin' sun, Three little g 00 ches Pitch by my doorstep chalking lame limericks Of Punie Junie's WOTD, Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"
    Posted by s-jack[/QUOTE]

Haha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Is that Marleys son? b.g.
    Posted by beastsgirl[/QUOTE]

No, that is Bob himself

By the length of his dreads, I would estimate somewhere around 1973

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Oh. I met his cousin a few years ago. He told me noone believed he was related to him  cuz he's completely bald.b.g.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

No WODMAD. no cry
    No WODMAD, no cry

'Cause I remember when we used to meet
    On a happy message board in B'town (yeah)
    And then Punie would post her Word O'The Day (I say)
    On a dumb thread that was wicked gay (yeah)
    Then she'd instruct all her Wordsmiffs
    To take that groovy word
    And form a happy sentence!
    Bedaubings to the most absurd...
    Now that's all gone, but!

No WODMAD, no cry
    No WODMAD! No WODMAD, no cry
    (One more time I got to say, yo)
    Oh, twerpy...Oh, twerpy diddler, dont shed no tear
    No WODMAD, no cry

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Oh. I met his cousin a few years ago. He told me noone believed he was related to him  cuz he's completely bald.b.g.
    Posted by beastsgirl[/QUOTE]

The cousin of Bob Marley, huh? Hmmm. It sounds like a line to me, BG, but okay:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

That's what I thought at first also, AcheNot. But he was  on the up and up.  He was actually going to a State funeral in Jamaica for his aunt. I asked him who is aunt was, and he said that I probably wouldn't know her, and that her son was a beloved singer there. I asked him who he was, and he said I probably would'nt know him either, that he was Bob Marley. It wasn't a line though. He is a cabdriver in Deleware. (I swear I'm not making this up) He was surprised that a woman from Boston with children would know who Bob Marley was. We had been  talking about music during this cab ride, and that's how the conversation came up. My son is in a band here,and the conversation went on from there. Probably not a line, I had my daughter with me at the time, who was 11 I think. He did give me his business card though,which of course I misplaced. He told me to pass it on to my son for when he visits Deleware as he would like to Jam. (?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, Marley lived in Delaware for a short while during the 60's. Worked in a warehouse or an assembly line or something. The experience inspired "Night Shift", a song off the Rastaman Vibration album. It's available on youtube, I'm sure, if you want to give a listen

While in Delaware, Marley stayed with family, so perhaps this guy's story is legit after all. Then again, maybe every black cabbie of a certain age in Delaware tells the same story. I dunno:)

Interesting though

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

On a road trip today. Will be sure to be listening to Bob. Maybe I can refer to him on a first name basis because I met his cousin?Coolb.g.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Sure. Why not? After that cab ride, youre practically a member of the family now

Mr Marley was very informal anyway. He'd have wanted you to call him "Bob", I'm sure

Have a fun trip today