RoyGBiv Appreciation Day IV

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

RoyGBiv Appreciation Day IV

Who: RoyGBiv

What: RoyGBiv Appreciation Day IV

When: Saturday July 7, 2012

Where: Right here, of course. Duh

Why: Because the RGBAD is a tradition like no other, and because you all love dandy just as much as I do

Hosted by: Me, Wildo

Special features: In addition to the usual Five! Five Freaky! Five Freaky Biv Songs! gurarantee, there will also be a Roy Dandy word game that you will all be welcome to participate in as well as the presentation of the inaugural Slurpie Award which, according to its sponsor's press release, will be handed out for "outstanding achievement in brown nosing" (Gee, I wonder who's gonna win this year?)

Special guest appearances by: Fred and Woody, Robin's pet toad and woodchuck respectively. Also we're hoping the great curveballshitter will make an appearance as well. He only shows up at the big events. Havent seen him since Freak Fest, so I am looking forward to making his reacquaintance *groan*

This year's theme: I dont like Dandy (oh, no), I love him (yeah)

Food and drink: There will be an open bar. And free spucky sandwiches to be provided by Subway

Rain date (if necessary): None. The RGBAD will go off as scheduled rain, snow, sleet, hail et al

A happy song to get things started: "RoyBiv Day is Here Again"

(a parody of that great American standard "Happy Days are Here Again"...youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFUabzkAjBQ)

RoyBiv Day is here again!
    Dont you feel the love, my dear, again?
    Let us sing Biv songs, not jeer again

Hey, who's the man we all revere?
    It is RGB, yeah, every year
    Caught him checkin' out your derrierre

And now the band starts to play
    For danderoo-all-a-day

Yeah, it's time to laud dandy bear again
    And perhaps he'll smooch your rear again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: RoyGBiv Appreciation Day IV

Hello Wildo, thank you for the invite, I will try to attend but I am very skeptical of humans and their motives, I have heard through the grapevine that humans actually pay money to go to this place called Disneyland to see other humans dressed up in costumes pretending to be animals! 
    Tell me it's not true!   
    All they have to do is go in their backyard and look around to see the real thing. 
    I think those vacations may cost them more than the little bit of damage we may do by accident.    
    Fred (the toad) is sleeping right now and has no comment.    
      Peace, Woody the woodchuck

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Nothing wrong with earth tones IMO. 
    However if I win the lottery, I will get a bright red convertible, maybe a BMW.  
    Thanks Ache, I don't think I'm nuts either. 
    PS: I prefer eccentric.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thanks, but I don't care for Dr Oz,  I change the channel whenever I see him.
    The NYT gave the show a good review though. 
    Hope all goes well for you Tuesday,  take care. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The list isn't written in stone, we'll find out on Friday. 
    I pretty much agree with your assessment, especially Stacey Kiebler, maybe George Clooney will be in the audience!              

Hi ambergirl, glad you're home and resting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache, I'm having a bumper crop of poison ivy and bramble bushes cleared.
     I would ignore it, but it is spreading into my neighbor's yard so I have to take care of it.
    The guy told me he saw a couple of woodchuck openings,  so I'm very concerned for Woody and his family, but he the assures me that no harm will come to them.
    However I am still worried, and would like to ask all animal lovers to say a prayer for them.
     I'm not religious, but, I will try anything when faced with a serious situation.   Thanks in advance  (picture of Woody's grandson below)  Woody III

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm not religious either, but for Woody, Woody III (aka Trey), and the rest of Woody family, I will get down on my knees tonight and pray for their safety and well being

Try not to worry too much, Robin. Theyll be okay. Woody is very smart and resourceful. He has an evacuation plan (if necessary) already in place, I'm sure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thanks, I'm sure they'll hear the machinery and get out of the way.
    I plan on hovering over the workers to make sure they don't cover up the holes, they are going to spray herbicide on the poison ivy, but the guy told me it doesn't bother wildlife.
    I'll stay on top of it from now on, so this doesn't happen again. I'm going to get a heavy-duty hedge trimmer thing, they should be marked down soon. And I'll spray the poison ivy myself once a month.

My lovely weed garden!   It's outside of the fenced-in area where the dogs hang out.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

error/repeat post

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Lovely indeed. That is some mighty impressive vegetation you got growing, Robin

PS I know youre worried about Woody, but I have great confidence in him. He's very astute. I bet you anything, he has already built a woodchuck version of a "safe room" to protect him and his family in anticipation of an event such as this one. Woody prides himself on being one step ahead of we foolish humans

Btw, in case you missed it: Hope Solo, Maks's partner on DWTS last year, helped lead the US womens team to the gold medal in soccer at the Olympics in London this past week. WTG, Hope!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache,  I have a confession to make, I don't really know F Lee Bailey.
    However, I was introduced to him once at a social gathering and enjoyed a pleasant conversation and drinks, but.... that was the extent of it.
    I got the impression he was a very nice man.
    That's why I never got back to you regarding our day trip plans.  Embarassed
    Apologize to William for me.

That's great about Hope Solo.   I read she weighs 154 pds?  Must be all muscle.

Peace, Robin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

That's okay, Robin. William luvs you unconditionally. Whether youre Mr Bailey's BFF or merely an acquaintance, it doesnt matter to William. Nor to me

W was sad about missing out on the trip to Maine (especially after I promised him a ride in the Seamus Seat), but he's over it now

Dont know what Hope Solo weighs, but I suspect it's more than 150-something. I bet she is nearer to 175, and yes, all muscle

She'll be on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow. I think I'll watch the next day online

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

A young woodpecker, picture not as clear as I'd like, taken through a double-paned  window.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nice looking bird. Impressive beak

I bet he can knock a hole straight through an oak tree with that thing if he wanted.

I'd dub him Woody, but you have a Woody in your yard already. An entire family of them actually. I hope there doing okay

Sections
Shortcuts