Thank you, AceNot.... Pukka kudos to Ken1935!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from illiteratusasinus. Show illiteratusasinus's posts

Thank you, AceNot.... Pukka kudos to Ken1935!

Thank you for apologizing for your disappointing production of WODMAD 2010.  Knowing that you have learned from your mistakes and will try harder next time is adequate compensation.

On a happier note, dictionary.com has once again chosen to honor beloved BDC member, Wordsmith of the Year, and Confidential Chatter, Ken1935!

Word of the Day for Tuesday, September 7, 2010

kenspeckle \KEN-spek-uhl\, adjective:  Conspicuous; easily seen or recognized.

Congrats, Ken!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Thank you, AceNot.... Pukka kudos to Ken1935!

Congrats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

"Disappointing production"? What are you talking about, diddler?

There was nothing disappointing about my production. I did everything humanly possible to try and make sure, the WODMAD succeeded. I went above and beyond, and you know it. If The WODMAD disappointed you, it wasnt because of any of the work put in by me or my brilliant staff. How dare you?

Here are some indisputable facts for you:

1) I wrote an amazing official WODMAD theme song

2) I invented a dance (the spatchcock) especially designed for the event itself

3) I came up with a groovy, new song for the dance (Do the Spatchcock)

4) I organized the Dance Mara-Thong to help promote the WODMAD

5) I wrote another great song (Take a Bow, twerpy d) to drum up even more interest

6) Like with YOB and dandy before, I dubbed you with a cool new nickname (the twerpy diddler)

7) I conducted an exhaustive nationwide search to find a suitable WODMAD host

8) During the planning stage (as if I didnt have enough to worry about already), I thwarted an attempted WODMAD overthrow. Crushed it actually

9) I stretched the very concept of "Appreciation Day" practically BEYOND RECOGNITION to allow for a numpty like you to even be considered worthy enough to have a special day thrown in your honor. Nothing like it had ever been tried on the board before. Only someone with as facile a mind as I, Wildo, would ever dare attempt to pull off something of this nature. Twerpy Diddler Appreciation Day? Are you kidding me?

So instead of pointing your finger, twerpy d, and trying to place blame where it doesnt belong, you should be toasting me right now for a job well done and recognizing me for the message boarding treasure I am

Thank you

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghost-of-Eel. Show Ghost-of-Eel's posts

In Response to Thank you, AceNot.... Pukka kudos to Ken1935!:
    [QUOTE] Word of the Day for Tuesday, September 7, 2010 kenspeckle \KEN-spek-uhl\, adjective :  Conspicuous; easily seen or recognized. Congrats, Ken!
    Posted by illiteratusasinus[/QUOTE]
    AcheNot's "success" is not kenspeckled.

Is that the right way to use it?

Who cares anyway.

The Event Formerly Known As WODMAD went off without a hitch this weekend in Jamaica at the Marley Compound. It was a smashing success thanks to all who worked hard on it and those who attended. I can't wait to see the photos of Speedy in his speedos jumping out of the cake in the form of a giant Webster's dictionary. Congrats to reindeer girl for winning the best dressed competition! The Dunk the Thursby game brought in more cash than anticipated for the Wordsmiff Scholarship fund. I hope you all enjoyed the gift bags!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghost-of-Eel. Show Ghost-of-Eel's posts

"AceNot"  lol!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghost-of-Eel. Show Ghost-of-Eel's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you, AceNot.... Pukka kudos to Ken1935!:
    [QUOTE] Only someone with as facile a mind as I, Wildo,
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]http://www.drbilllong.com/LegalHistoryII/ScotLawII.html

"Before mentioning a word about furiosity, I ran across another term to describe the fatuous person, the person characterized by idiotry. It is a person of "facile mind." Normally we think of a person with a facile mind as quick and mentally very capable, but in the 18th and 19th century in Scotland, facile had another connotation. Jamieson's Dictionary of the Scottish Language (1825) had this:

"A facile man is a forensic phrase in Scottish, which has no synonyme in English. It does not signify one who is weak in judgement, or deficient in mental ability, but one who possesses that degree of softness of disposition that he is liable to be easily wronght upon by others" (quoted in Autism in History, 34).

But the term could also be used to describe someone with more severe mental impairments. A 1756 case talked about a person who was:

"so weak, facile, and simple that he was...an easy prey to any man who would be bad enough to take the advantge of him, under the colour of sincerity and friendship..."

Thus, though a court was charged with deciding whether a person was fatuous or furious, was possessed of idiotry or furiosity, the word facile with respect to his mind could enter into the discussion."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illiteratusasinus. Show illiteratusasinus's posts

Ache, thank you for reaffirming the shame you feel over the "failed production" (your words) of WODMAD 2010.  Luckily, Eel and friends were able to rescue the weekend with a spectacular get together at the Marley Compound.

Perhaps you can redeem yourself by organizing a KenSpeckletacular.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Ache, thank you for reaffirming the shame you feel over the "failed production" (your words) of WODMAD 2010.  Posted by illiteratusasinus[/QUOTE]

My words? What do you mean my words? I didnt use the term 'failed production'. You did. Why are you attributing it to me? Hmmm. Very strange...

Youre out of your damn mind, diddler

Next time you quote me, get it right, will you please?

Thank you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Is this really what we have been reduced to?  I miss the old days.  The politics board is so dominant now that high school dropouts feel like they run this place.  And worst of all, they're right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from illiteratusasinus. Show illiteratusasinus's posts

What is sadder?  You changing the wording in your earlier post or me checking to see if you did.

We truly have a "facile minds" (your words)!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghost-of-Eel. Show Ghost-of-Eel's posts

[QUOTE]Ache, thank you for reaffirming the shame you feel over the "failed production" (your words) of WODMAD 2010.  Luckily, Eel and friends were able to rescue the weekend with a spectacular get together at the Marley Compound. Perhaps you can redeem yourself by organizing a KenSpeckletacular.
    Posted by illiteratusasinus[/QUOTE]
    Isn't Ken's birthday coming up soon?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from illiteratusasinus. Show illiteratusasinus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank you, AceNot.... Pukka kudos to Ken1935! : Isn't Ken's birthday coming up soon?
    Posted by Ghost-of-Eel[/QUOTE]
    Would be a good opportunity for AceNot to launch KenSpeckletacular 2010.

Come to think of it, doesn't Ace owe Ken a birthday celebration from several years ago?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghost-of-Eel. Show Ghost-of-Eel's posts

I wonder if the history books will refer to Ace Olmstead's "ingenious" party plans?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from illiteratusasinus. Show illiteratusasinus's posts

LOL!

Or, should it be "disingenuous party plans."

AceNot texted me this afternoon.  Apparently he has worked himself into a foaming tizzy trying to decide between Dilboy or Schoolboy Stadium as a venue for KenSpeckletacular 2010.  At least he has decided on the official KenSpeckletacular dance - The Funky ChicKen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ghost-of-Eel. Show Ghost-of-Eel's posts

illi, thinking of Ken and how I haven't seen him around in a while, I checked his Facebook page and you'll be glad to know Ken is busy playing Farmville. He did a 3 mile mountain hike yesterday and he has 72 friends!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from s-jack. Show s-jack's posts

of course you haven't seen Ken in a while. you lured him over to that lame atheist forum run by the washed-up former SNL broad and all the angry militant atheists picked on and insulted our poor Ken. The guy stopped back by here shell-shocked. Leading a nice guy like Ken into a den of bitter atheists, way to go . . . . with friends like Betty

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from illiteratusasinus. Show illiteratusasinus's posts

Jack, back in your box.  I have no time to wind you up today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from illiteratusasinus. Show illiteratusasinus's posts

[QUOTE]illi, thinking of Ken and how I haven't seen him around in a while, I checked his Facebook page and you'll be glad to know Ken is busy playing Farmville. He did a 3 mile mountain hike yesterday and he has 72 friends!
    Posted by Ghost-of-Eel[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the update on Ken.  I haven't seen him post in a while and was getting worried.

I was going to make a discrete inquiry on the Confidential Chat thread, but I was distracted by Pingo's recipe for Viking Meatball Surprise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Stee-rike!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

I see things haven't changed here a bit, still all the arguing and infighting   LOLOLOL   hahahaha    
    Well if anyone REALLy wants to communicate with me,  here it is.

bigpeach35@yahoo.com

hope to see ya.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from s-jack. Show s-jack's posts

Speedy baby, how's it going.

you run any 10Ks lately?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Running days are over..just swim every day and when its not too hot I get out and walk 3 miles or so on the dessert trails.