The Roy Dandy Wheel of Fortune

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The Official Word Puzzle Game of Freak Fest II

Here's how it works: Simply solve the puzzle posted below by filling in its missing letters. Just like they do on tv

The topic for today: Sounds like the title of a Freaky Biv Song

Each puzzle is the title not of a Freaky Biv Song, but rather a title that sounds like a Freaky Biv Song

For instance - Like a Biv Over Troubled Water

Not the title of an actual FBS, believe it or not, but it sure sounds like one, huh?

Get it? Everyone understand? Good

Okay, Ive set up the puzzle board for you below

Your job now is to omplete the puzzle by filling it in two letters at a time, ie, you guess two letter (either consonant or vowel), and I will reveal their position(s) on the puzzle board. Then you guess two more letters, and so on

The first person to solve the puzzle wins a fabulous prize. Wanna know what youre playing for? A $25 gift certificate redeemable at our sponsor, Johnny's Lunch of Reidville, home of the famous Biv Plate Special (you know what that is)

Good luck, everyone. Dont be afraid. This is very easy. I know some of you think youre not good at puzzle solving, but have no fear. If I notice any of you struggling with it, I am fully prepared to drop some major hints. In fact here's one right now:

_ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _'_ /_ _ _ /_ _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ /_ _ /_ _ /_ _ /_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: The Roy Dandy Wheel of Fortune

Lonesome, On'ry And Mean  ?

I don't get it, I fear there is something wrong with my brain...I think those occasional migraines caused some brain damage, if only I was a celebrity I could have gotten some decent care!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Havent you ever watched Wheel of Fortune before, Robin? Or played Hangman at school?

The puzzle is weird looking, but let me explain. It is ten words long. The first word is five letters. See the five dashes? Each forward slash indicates the end of one word and the beginning of a new one

Your assignment is simple: Guess two letters. That's all. And I will then fill them in on the puzzle

You are not brain damaged, I swear!

ETA: I will even let you to guess three letters at a time, if you want, a unique privilege I extend to you only...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys     ?

Okay, if you only want two letters:  m  and  t

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

M _ M _ _ /_ _ _ 'T/_ _ T/_ _ _ _/_ _ _ _ _ _/_ _ _ _ /_ _ /_ _ /_ _ /_ _M_ _ _ _ _

You are now free to guess more letters if you wish, Robin

Youre on the right track. Youve guessed the song title being parodied, but you havent solved the puzzle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

b and g

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

M _ M _ _/_ _ _ 'T/_ _ T/_ _ _ _ /B _ B _ _ _/G _ _ _ /_ _ /_ _ /B _/_ _M_ _ _ _ B _

Hint: The puzzle sounds like the title of a FBS, so there might be/may be/could be a brownosing element involved 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

n and o

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

M _ M_ _ _/_ O N 'T/_ _T/_O _ _/B _ B _ _ _/G _ O _/_ _ /_ O /B _ /_ _M_ _ _ _ B _

Another hint: Youve solved 90% of the puzzle already. The 10% youre missing is one word

Btw, we dont have to solve it this afternoon. We can let it hang if youd like

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Robin, let's let the puzzle sit for a while. I didnt mean for it to be solved in one day anyway. I wanted it to last

Keep guessing letters though. When I come back, I will fill them in

Youre almost there. Just missing the one word

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

a and s

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

MAMAS/_ON'T/_ _T/_O _ _/BAB_ _S/G_ O_ /_ _ /TO/B_ /_ _M_S _ ABS

You guessed 't' earlier. There are three in the puzzle, but I only filled in two of them. Sorry about that. I just added the third one now

Puzzle is rounding into shape. Almost there! 

If you win, what are you going to do with your gift certificate by the way? You dont have to use it to purchase a Biv Plate Special, you know, but I highly recommend you do. It's delicious

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

c and d

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

MAMAS/DON'T/_ _T/_O _ _/BAB_ _S/G_ O_ /_ _ /TO/B_ /_ _M_S _ ABS

PS Just want to let you know, Robin, whether you solve the puzzle or not (and I'm sure you will), for your participation in the Roy Dandy Wheel of Fortune today, I am presenting you with the prestigious Freak Fest Moxie Award which is handed out every year to the person who best embodies the spirit, attitude, and temperment of RoyBiv Nation

I know puzzle solving is not your forte. You told me so last year during the Handy Dandy Acrostic game (FudgeTown USA, remember?). So you were a little out of your comfort zone today, but you demonstrated true character by taking part anyway, which is pretty damn awesome. A lesser person would have just blown it off. For that RB Nation owes you a huge debt of gratitude

So, thank you, Robin. I salute you

It is a beautiful trophy (please see below). I hope you have an ideal spot someplace in your home where you can display it prominently

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

w and i   I just can't figure out the last word...  WIMPS_ABS ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

WIMPS_ABS is wrong, but the 'p' is in the right position, so I will add 'p' to the puzzle along with the 'w' and the 'i'

MAMAS/DON'T/_ _T/_O _ _/BABI _S/G_ OW/_P /TO/B_ /_ _MPSWABS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

RUMPSWABS ?

Thanks, I guess I learned a new word!    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rumpswab

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Not official until you give me the entire title, Robin

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

MAMAS DON'T LET YOUR BABIES GROW UP TO BE RUMPSWABS

Actually I learned 2 new words, I had to look up bidet.

I'm smarter than I look, don't you think?  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ding ding ding ding!

Way to go, Robin. Here is your prize:

When you redeem it at Johnny's, I recommend the fried porkloin and bacon sandwich. It is delicious

Bring your trophy too please. Johnny wants to see it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You mean all the times I have used the word "rumpswab" in a FBS, you didnt know what it was?

Well, now you know:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I dont eat red meat, I hope I can substitute it for a vegetarian sub and some french fries!

Whats FBS?

Oh...Freaky Biv Song...okay

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Oh! I didnt know that. Well, youll find something there to your liking, I'm sure. The Waffle Plate is excellent

And while youre there, Robin, give a listen to the only jukebox in America that plays actual Freaky Biv Songs including old standards like FudgeTown Prison Blues, and Waiting All Day for Gunny's Bum

Thanks again for playing the Roy Dandy Wheel of Fortune!

ETA: A FBS is a Freaky Biv Song!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Back in January during Freak Fest II, "Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Rumpswabs" was just a song title. Remember? Well, here we are six short months later, and it is now a full blown FBS

It is also a nominee for RGBAD Song of the Year, of course, and IMO an early favorite to win the whole thing

You may disagree, but either way, please enjoy [French Translation] "Meres, Ne Permettent Vos Bebes De Grandir Pour Etre Rumpswabs"*

Mamas, dont let your babies grow up to be rumpswabs
    Dont let 'em stay home and smooch stinky bums
    Make 'em write screenplays or sell sugar plums
    For theyll never impress, and theyre always a mess
    Even if it's your rump they swab

Rumpswabs are hard to respect, but theyre easy to know
    They like to stick their dumb nose where it shouldnt ought go
    Filthy old buttholes and greasy dark buttcracks
    Each one a rumpswabs best friend
    If you dont understand it, well, neither do I
    But I still love Biv to the end

Dont let 'em stay home and smooch stinky butts
    Make 'em fold laundry or build tiki huts
    For theyll never be cheered and will always be weird
    Even if it's your rump they swab

* - French translation courtesy of the good people at...Babelfish!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

oops! edit

Sections
Shortcuts