Where's the party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

Re: Where's the party?

They're lurking here, but I don't care. AG says she's going to get me nuked again.

Wow these people should get a life!

Ah, in September I return to grad school, I won't have time for their nonsense (but will poke in here, of course).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

DL,

Love Letters is asking for you. Please join us!

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog/2012/03/he_keeps_disappearing.html?comments=all&plckCurrentPage=44
    ----

I worry that CC will think everyone else is me, and have them nuked. I hope not.

TT thinks my new moniker is a sock. Not true! How obtuse can some people be? Obviously I picked a similar nic to avoid being a sock.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

Heh heh. Everybody's in CC now.

(And the CCers will accuse me of being all of them, but I'm not. I have one account, and one account only. Besides, I don't have the skill to be as funny as the others posting now.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party?:
    [QUOTE]It's cool, we should support each other!  This whole place is a public forum, everyone has the right to post!  I went over to love letters and said hello,  I'll check it out from now on!
    Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting there, DL. Please post there again! We love new voices.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently the women of OBN have been working overtime filing abuse reports against you, RG, and the Mod staff have finally caved in   It sucks, but after what happened with me a few years ago, nothing surprises me If you just breath in there now, youre going to get banned PS I'm glad you stuck up for Robin (DL) today. The attitude she gets in that forum (and other forums) is outrageous and needs to be pointed out from time to time. Not that doing so will change anything, but still... Peace
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

We've had our ups and downs, but I never supported your nuking.

And now, I must make kar's latke recipe, because frankly, it looks like a good one.

Tell William I say hello.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

[QUOTE]Ache, I feel terrible "you know who" got deleted again, I was lurking up in CC and they were talking about Shake and Bake like it was a good thing, so I couldn't help myself, I had to warn people that the stuff is loaded with msg, a major migraine trigger, I know we all ate the stuff in the 60's and 70's, but you get away with a lot more when you're young!  Anyway I voiced my opinion and provided links, my input was not appreciated!  "You know who" came in and was supportive, really didn't say anything offensive, and all of a sudden poof!  What can we do to help?  I promise I'll stay away from CC!  It's just too frustrating when I see misinformation not to jump in and try to correct it!

MSG is poison.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : I know it can be hurtful, I was letting them get to me until I stepped back and looked at it from another angle. I've always appreciated your posts and you write very well. There are only certain posters I need a dictionary for (only occasionally), you and Ache are among them!   PS: I like your avatar!

Thank you - I like your avatar, too. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

DL - Look:

MSG Hurts People wrote:
    This is going to be my CC sockpuppet.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog/2012/03/he_keeps_disappearing.html?comments=all&plckCurrentPage=45

Too funny!

And this, sweet:

MSG Hurts People wrote:
    Hi Dog Lady!

Welcome to LL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

Go upstairs to CC. Love Letters has taken over the thread. :D

You too, Ache.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

"Monosodium glutamate (MSG): Is it harmful?

My favorite Chinese restaurant has a sign that says "No MSG." What is MSG? Is it bad for you?

Answer

from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is a flavor enhancer commonly added to Chinese food, canned vegetables, soups and processed meats. Although the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified MSG as a food ingredient that's "generally recognized as safe," the use of MSG remains controversial. For this reason, when MSG is added to food, the FDA requires that it be listed on the label.

MSG has been used as a food additive for decades. Over the years, the FDA has received many anecdotal reports of adverse reactions to foods containing MSG. These reactions — known as MSG symptom complex — include:

• Headache
    • Flushing
    • Sweating
    • Facial pressure or tightness
    • Numbness, tingling or burning in face, neck and other areas
    • Rapid, fluttering heartbeats (heart palpitations)
    • Chest pain
    • Nausea
    • Weakness

However, researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms. Researchers acknowledge, though, that a small percentage of people may have short-term reactions to MSG. Symptoms are usually mild and don't require treatment."

If YOU feel MSG gives you bad side effects, it's quite simple, don't eat it.  However, if it doesn't bother you, there's nothing wrong with it (like everything else) in moderation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Try telling someone who is in the ER with a migraine/vomiting after consuming msg that their symptoms are mild!       http://www.truthinlabeling.org/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I'm just being "helpful" by posting information about the fact that there is no scientific evidence linking msg and headaches. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

I used it eat it raw when I was a child.

I guess that explains some things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

I like to hear all voices, PC. I also enjoy levity. Did you have fun at our soiree? Apparently, it was created in my honor, as a number of people across BDC don't like nuking, no matter who the nuked person is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

I believe in nuking for one reason, and one reason only - someone is being outed by name or address or both. I never did that (outing), and never will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

[QUOTE]There is a very nice kosher deli nearby,  maybe I'll try some!  Potato Latkes!  Wouldn't dare try to make them,  anything with more than three ingredients throws me for a loop!

When I make then, they get too chunky, alas. :(

I like them crispy - just the way Barry's Deli in Waban makes them.

The kosher delis do indeed make them well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Yes, I did enjoy seeing all the different people come out, they were supportive and funny!  People who can't laugh at themselves get sick!  They were silly, but I didn't see anything mean or offensive,  maybe their actions will encourage others to join in, the more the merrier!  That's what makes forums interesting.  I'm staying out of CC...just don't understand their over reaction to stuff and all the anger that's out of proportion to the situation at hand.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, I did enjoy seeing all the different people come out, they were supportive and funny!  People who can't laugh at themselves get sick!  They were silly, but I didn't see anything mean or offensive,  maybe their actions will encourage others to join in, the more the merrier!  That's what makes forums interesting.  I'm staying out of CC...just don't understand their over reaction to stuff and all the anger that's out of proportion to the situation at hand.

I hope the thread stays up. That place was starting to feel like a mausoleum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

I worry about you going up there! I feel like I started the whole thing with my msg rant!  Maybe we should take a tip from Ache and just stay away from them for now!   Other than describing what they eat all the time that forum really isn't that interesting!  I don't think it's worth getting in trouble, and they've proven they are capable of causing trouble!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fillylittle. Show fillylittle's posts

The CCers had a bunch of my friends here nuked. Such power in a knitting circle!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Hi!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Seriously though, I think we should stay out of there for a while!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KettleofFish. Show KettleofFish's posts

This kettle of fish tried courting them, especially tt and her wonderful pasties, I mean pastries, but they would have none of me. Not even a fishbone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Stay away from them!  They have no sense of humor, it isn't worth it. You guys and gals were so funny!  Too bad they were'nt able to appreciate it!   Don't try to provide them with any information, especially about food additives...they become very angry!       

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jackie_Chiles_ESQ. Show Jackie_Chiles_ESQ's posts

Who is this scurrilous huguenot who is asking for someone's daughter's phone number? I will immediately file litigation to cease the perpetration that is causing you exasperation. Of all the fallacious, hellacious, masticationous acts I have ever seen, this one takes the cakenous!