Where's the party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big Bad Jerry. Show Big Bad Jerry's posts

Re: Where's the party?

Got any sons?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Buzz_Killington. Show Buzz_Killington's posts

I daresay that I can vouchsafe for the reputation of many a man around these parts, and oh the stories we can tell! I recall one time we were all set before the fire, imbibing egg nogs and hot toddies, and regaling the Willetsons and the Chatterlings with tales of rogues and mountebanks that would beat the band! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Lol! Ok I deserved that : ) but a lot of nasty going around. Some of you I am sure were trying to be funny but at that time my finger was numb from hitting ignore.. : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Whoa! And you and your Gang of Four accused me of being slanderous and incendariary! And here you are, flaming me all up and down this thread!

First of all, for the record, I am not a fish. Nor am I a male fish. So forget that fishie guy - that's not me.

Second - You wrote "Don't get the hatred from you Reindeer Girl." It's reindeergirl (please note spelling). Also, I didn't send anyone in to the forum (although I am remain grateful for it). Are you saying that the Love Letter Lovelies don't have minds of their own? Are you saying that they are so vulnerable that this "hatred" (slander, btw) is infectious? How? Osmosis? I've only met two people in r/l from LL, neither of whom posted in CC.

Third - There's no truce to make. I promised Support - and myself - that I wouldn't be posting in CC again.

Fourth - Yet I maintain this: there was no reason to attack dog-lady for trying to be helpful. She's not a know-it-all; she sincerely tries to help. This wasn't the first time she was attacked for her helpful views by some members of CC.

Fifth - I am not a fish. Never was, never intend to be. I was a rdg and a Little Olwen (print edition of Chat) and a Filly, but not a fish.

Fine, let's end this. But you're right, I find a number of CC posts boring terribly so. But more than that - strange (sometimes). Who compares the sizes of their corn flakes? ~sigh~ Why fetishize housework? Life's little eccentricities. If that's what she enjoys, that's what she enjoys. I have no further comment on it.

Unless you intend to carry on about me, this will be my last post to you and about all that. I told Support I'd go to Support instead of dealing directly with the CCers.

See amber? If you hadn't mentioned my nic, I wouldn't have engaged with you here, either. But you habitually bring me up in various forums. IMHO, it is you and one other CCer who keep this thing alive (and going after d-l for her benign posts in CC and Pets). I thought you had us on iggy - that's what you said.

"We are quite boring. Life is short. Willing to make peace. You?"

Fine. ~shrugs~ Rather than a peace treaty though, I'd rather simply no longer engage with the CCers, except for Ache and d-l, and I can find them in other forums.

Have a pleasant evening. Bye-bye.

Love,

Hooves, not fish                     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party?:
    [QUOTE]Got any sons?
    Posted by Big Bad Jerry[/QUOTE]

Sorry - just had to laugh. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Not sure how we are to blame for your behavior? But either way I do wish you and your daughter well. I sincerely mean that being a widow when my daughter was 13. I think we talked about it? I don't know who started that carnage but you have to admit there was no one else who would. I would like to think you didn't want it to the level it did, but you chimed in a lot right? Let's keep this real. I was sincere about a truce. You on the other hand have no choice it seems by BDC. But my hand will always be extended. I hope you find the happiness you deserve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Dear Lord, amber! Here's your truce, OK? But isn't it enough for you that I'll no longer go into CC? Why do you need a treaty? I'm perfectly happy staying out of CC.

I don't feel it was "carnage" the other night. I thought a lot of those posts were funny. This is what I don't understand about CC (seriously) - why there's so little sense of humor in there. Which is another reason for me to stay away, because I like funny.

I'm sorry for the loss of your husband, I don't think I ever told you that. You seem to have raised your DD well.

Have a pleasant evening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I get it now. I have always liked you so not getting the different personalities. "shrug" But do you really think when CC is bombarded with posts, we read them???? It was mean and intimidating. As it was meant to be. Please don't feed me nonsense. Thank you about my husband but he has been gone a long time. I wish you well..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And by the way, we do like your funny

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

I don't feel it was meant to be intimidating. I think it was meant to be playful. But you believe what you want. I wish you well too, but I really don't want to engage with any CCers anymore. I honestly can't take the what's for lunch talk. The pets talk is fine; the critters are helpless, they need us, and we need them. In fact, I wanted to write to you about your dog, because my Lab had similar issues when she got old. All I will say is, I can't relate on what's for lunch, but I sympathize with those people facing later-in-life situations with their pets. My Lab helped get me through my father's passing - what's not to love about our furry family members?

FTR:

Little Olwen
    reindeergirl
    LittleFilly
    FillyLittle
    Horsies

And now, back to SNL and my wine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes, we are boring at the CC. So that is our confusion .. who the hell would want to go there?? Happy all the crap will stop. Hopefully... enjoy your movie. I have insomnia again. Good night for it. And I get and appreciate most of DL's advice. Just wish she/he would put a conversation in it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party?:
    [QUOTE]Who is this scurrilous huguenot who is asking for someone's daughter's phone number? I will immediately file litigation to cease the perpetration that is causing you exasperation. Of all the fallacious, hellacious, masticationous acts I have ever seen, this one takes the cakenous!
    Posted by Jackie_Chiles_ESQ[/QUOTE]

Someone call for legal advice?    F.Lee Bailey here!      "Bailey & Elliot Consulting"  Yarmouth, Maine,     I can prove OJ didn't do it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

I can't believe Montyyy's comment was removed for citing The Church Lady. That's a valid SNL skit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoodNPlenty2002. Show GoodNPlenty2002's posts

Would you like some candy, little girls? How about something for the pony, and the doggy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Lotta peace offerings going around here today

I wonder if the olive branch (the OB) is extended to Robin as well?

Or just RDG?

What do you think, Robin?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Hi everyone!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Ache - Not exactly an olive branch. Well, maybe by amber, but pingo nuked my post where I said I'd stay out of CC, and wished them a good evening. Benign (and maybe actually helpful to their peace of mind). Yet it still got poofed, because some will poof anything I write. I wish amber well, though.

They haven't liked me since I posted, some three or so years ago, that "we are all somebody." This is when they were attacking you and eel. I'd defend you again.We are all somebody.

The only time I advocate nuking is when someone's identity has been outed. Fortunately, putt-putt failed at that, when she accused me of being a man (not that there's anything wrong with being a man). She and hats left CC for the most part when we "outliers" started contributing.

Oh and - I agree with LoveLetters - bringing your own food to a restaurant is déclassé. I'm glad that candy person reposted it (before it was nuked).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Then again, what do I know? I'm not the NYT's FloFab. (The NYT version of MissConduct, but for dining matters only.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

I'm done with CC, they can have it!  There's no need for all that meanness! They don't want input from outsiders, fine!  Reminds me of the movie  "The Accidental Tourist"  when that family isolates themselves from the outside world and even stops answering the phone!   I used to have a thing for William Hurt, one of the CCers was talking about a movie he was in, I chimed in about what a wonderful actor he is, but that it's well known he's an alcoholic or at least had problems with alcohol. Well!  They went nutso on me!    I WILL NEVER GO TO CC AGAIN!   I won't interact with CCers in any forum for that matter, so they'll probably complain I'm ignoring them!  Reporting people for nothing is sick!   And the ones that come down here and act all innocent like they had nothing to do with it are the worst ones of all!   TV, Pets, The Commoners, News, Health...that's it for me!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

RDG:

Yeah, you cant go into OBN anymore

Youll get "nuked" no matter what you say there even if it is just to wish pingo a happy birthday (I believe it's her birthday this week btw)

Very unfair. We have rules on the board. They apply to everyone and to every forum

Unless you violate one of those rules, your messages should remain in place

And your account should be left alone...un-nuked

But the mods have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy against you now like there used to be with me

Oh, well

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Okay, Robin

I dont blame you

It's their loss

You mentioned something a few days ago about how they overreact to stuff, and that while they accuse others of being troublemakers, they know how to start trouble themselves as well

I cant disagree with you

Peace

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

It's obvious they pick fights!  They must be bitter, lonely, unhappy women.   All that negative energy can cause illness.  I'm not angry at them, but I want nothing to do with them.  Don't want to think about them anymore, they can be migraine triggers if you let them get to you, for what?   I don't understand why they just don't  get together for lunch once in a while (if they're so close)?  I don't "get" them at all!   Have I said to much?  Should I delete out of fear of being attacked?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Pingo and tt are neighbors, by town, or so they've posted. You'd think they'd use kar as an intermediary to get together. (I say kar, because she posts an email addie, welcoming people to PM her.) I don't think kar is doing the nuking, she'd rather talk things out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Thank you, Ache.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Horsies. Show Horsies's posts

Ache, I don't know if you read it, but a few weeks back tt threatened to sick (sp) her police officer son on me.