Where's the party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Where's the party?

All the power to Dave the Florist!

Creating a demand for himself in the social marketplace among eligible, attractive women

That is a tough thing to pull off at any age

I hope he ends up with a nice, little chippy, dont you?

And that they both live happily ever after...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

I wish him the best, I just think he's going about it the wrong way! 
    He mentioned he'd like someone like Goldie Hawn! 
    Kind of like trying to find a needle in a haystack (imo). 
    They have fancy matchmaker people that weed out the losers, but of course he would have to pay for their services. 
    I can only imagine the type of responses he's getting! 
    The horror of it all!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Dave may be holding out for his Goldie Hawn, but I bet he will settle for a Judi Dench

Btw, isnt there a GH-lookalike here on the board? I seem to recall that there is one...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

What Dave wants

What Dave's gonna get
    (if he's lucky)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party?:
    Btw, isnt there a GH-lookalike here on the board? I seem to recall that there is one...
    Posted by AcheNot

That's right! Wink     "Many moons ago"    I'm actually younger than Goldie but can't afford the many rejuvenating processes she's had!      Remember Brigitte Bardot!   This is what aging without plastic surgery looks like!   I think she's still beautiful anyway, but most people are so superficial... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Yeah, I remember BB

I prefer to remember her this way though:

And this way:

And this way:

ETA: BB is an animal rights activist. So she is kinda like you that way

I actually admire her for not going the pl surgery rout

She is an old woman now (near 80, I think), but when she was young...OMG...crazy beautiful

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/201203147433/brigitte-bardot-gunter-sachs-art-collection/            They don't make movie stars like BB anymore!           http://www.nndb.com/people/815/000023746/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Her politics are a little disturbing, no?

If she leaned any further right, she would fall over and break her hip. Geesh. She is like a Gallic version of the KKK. I had no idea

Seems a little out of touch to me, but I dont hold it against her

Pretty funny about the mynah bird owner...beating him over the head with her umbrella just because he fed his bird a burger and French Fries lol

Wonder what she'd do to me if she ever found out I feed William 3 Musketeers Bars and Mountain Dew?

Dont tell her, okay?

Nice avatar, Robin. Gorgeous 'Warhol' of BB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

The painting is going up for auction in May, they (Sothebys) are expecting it to fetch millions!   Yes, her views are extreme, maybe she went a little nutso along the way!   I don't agree with a lot of the things she's saying.  But she cares!    http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3800.asp?id=15881

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi Ache. Am I welcome here? Always been a fan. Want to kiss and make up. Scratch kiss, make up?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

For the record I thought you gave great advice in love letters and was beaten up on. I know that feeling well from them.. you have a sarcastic humor that I love. They s&ck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

ambergirl, youre always welcome here. I never asked you to stay away

You and I arent feuding, are we?

I'm not crazy about all the bannings that took place recently, but things seem to have calmed down now

I just wish you would be nicer to Robin

Now what's this about you wanting to kiss me??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

lol!  you always can make me laugh Ache.  Yes, happy things are calmer now. We are just a bunch of boring old ladies, so didn't get all the bullying going on.  Guess we should be flattered : ) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

The stars, the drama, the glamour and the glitter are back on ABC! Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 14 TONIGHT 8|7c with a sensational two-hour season premiere, then on TUESDAY, MARCH 27, with the premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show 9|8c!

Support your favorite team and follow their progress throughout the season at their respective team pages!

Meet the Teams here!

ABC's DANCING WITH THE STARS
    SERIES PREMIERE TONIGHT 8|7c!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

dog-lady, look:

www.independent.co.uk
    Eating white rice may be linked to a higher risk of Type 2 diabetes, researchers have said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

dog-lady, look: White rice 'could cause diabetes' www.independent.co.uk Eating white rice may be linked to a higher risk of Type 2 diabetes, researchers have said.
    Posted by reindeergirl

See my response in CC Recipes, also check out Health and Wellness, a discussion about organic veggies.  3/20 Nevermind (CC recipes) it was poofed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The stars, the drama, the glamour and the glitter are back on ABC! Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 14 TONIGHT 8|7c with a sensational two-hour season premiere, then on TUESDAY, MARCH 27, with the premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show 9|8c! Support your favorite team and follow their progress throughout the season at their respective team pages! Meet the Teams here! ABC's DANCING WITH THE STARS SERIES PREMIERE TONIGHT 8|7c!
    Posted by dog-lady

Hi, Robin

Here are my blind pre-season predictions for DWTS Season 14 Final Three:

1) Maria Menunous/YDH - YDH, always a favorite to win it all, but when paired with a sexy partner, especially one as leggy as MM, is almost impossible to beat. If she is as good as I suspect, this thing may be over after night one

2) William Levy/Cheryl Burke - Last time CB danced with foreign-born partner (Gilles Marini...who I am often mistaken for in real life), she got jobbed out of the Mirror Ball Trophy when America voted instead for its Little Miss Princess, Shawn Johnson. Biggest injustice in DWTS history. No injustice this time: Burke wins with partner, Senor Guillermo Levy (whoever he is)

3) Martina Navratilove/Tony Davolani - MN is a winner. One of the best female athletes of all time. Won 18 major singles titles as a professional tennis player. If she takes the MBT, I will consider it her 19th major...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

I have a good feeling about Mark Ballas and Katherine Jenkins!  We'll see!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Maria is my hairdressers niece. I will see if I can get scoops.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

#1 Katherine Jenkins  #2 Donald Driver  #3 William Levy  #4 Jaleel White,   Excellent show!  
    The wardrobe department was not kind to Martina, she looked uncomfortable in that dress.  
    Everyone did their best, poor Tristan, I have to say though,  Gladys held her own!   
    Ache, make sure you warn Maks not to stand next to William Levy when on camera, also he should try to avoid following him on stage, he may look a little old and tired in comparison, if you know what I mean!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Katherine Jenkins and Urkel gave the best performances by far last night IMO. Slight edge to KJ who was very elegant and lovely to look at

Early yet, but it's easy to envision both of them going all the way to the final

Also liked Donald Driver and that Roshon kid

Biggest surprise: Gladys Knight! I thought she was great. Not sure why you say "poor Tristan". i think he's lucky to have her

Biggest disappointment: Maria Menunous. She was okay, but nothing special. I expected "Wow", but didnt get it. More like "Meh"

Also disappointed in Martina. It wasnt the dress. It was her. To me, she looked her age on the dance floor: old, slow, ponderous. I picked her for Final 3, but the odds of her making it that far are now less than zero

As for William Levy, I mentioned him to Max last night, and this is what Max had to say: "Guillermo is gay. He is too buff for the ballroom. Those bulky, oversized arms of his look ridiculous. His movement lacks grace and fluidity. I think he's losing his hair too. Mark my word, that clown will be the first one voted off. Oh, and did I mention he is gay???"

Hmmm. I guess Max noticed that there is a new hunk in town, huh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Melissa Gilbert was a disappointment, I don't want to hear about her two marriages etc etc!  
    You're right,  Gladys Knight was good! 
    Jack Wagner was decent too.
    This should be a good season!  
    If I were to bet,  #1 Katherine and Mark.  William Levy is great eye candy, if nothing else!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I wasnt expecting much out of Mel G. I knew Max had his hands full with her this season. He told me privately that he is unhappy with the partnership

I'm a little concerned about Max this year btw. Whenever he's depressed he goes out and gets a full body waxing (sometimes two at a time), and if you noticed, last night he showed up totally hairless. Hence my worry

I wasnt looking forward to Gladys, but after one performance, I'm already a fan. I will be rooting for her next week

Funny how the show works on me like that

PS Your intuition about KJ/Ballas was right yesterday. Next season, you should do the blind predictions instead of me:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Maks did appear subdued, I hope he's taking care of himself, he doesn't look happy. We'll see how Katherine does next week with the jive, if she makes it through that,  I think we may have a winner!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, she's the leader at the moment, but there's still a long way to go

Some peak too early and then dont finish

I bet she goes all the way though. Just have a feeling about her

ETA: Hines Ward, the Mirror Ball Trophy winner from Season 12, retired from pro football today

Sections
Shortcuts