Where's the party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: Where's the party?

"ps. glad those ladies are banned from this thread - or we would get some more information" and have another heated discussion.  LOL" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This was copied from a post in CC on 3/20,  just want to make it clear, I am not, nor have I ever been banned from any forum on BDC.  Not that there is anything wrong with that! I see how easily it can happen.  BTW: Robin has never been banned either!   Woof!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Thank you, that is correct I have never been banned from any BDC forum!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

And you never will be banned either

Not if I have anything to say about it, that is

Unfortunately the mods dont listen to a single thing I tell them

PS I am too tired to make dinner tonight, so I was thinking of splitting six packages of Ramen with William later on

Do you think that is a good idea, Robin #1 or Robin #2?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

OMG!!! SODIUM! MSG!   DON"T OPEN THE SEASONING PACKETS! POISON! 
    Actually the noodles by themselves are alright, just split a couple of cans of tuna if you have to! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

But William loves the seasoning packets

That's his favorite part

Mine too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Well, some people do eat the stuff and seem to get away with it! 
    At the least I would think it would make you terribly thirsty. 
    Not for me! 
    But if it makes you two happy, enjoy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You know, Robin...A few months ago, you said something about eliminating salt in your diet and replacing it with pepper. I believe you mentioned it in this thread actually. Not sure, but I think so

Anyway, I decided I would try it myself, ie, less salt, more pepper

And guess what? I hardly use salt anymore now!

Ive replaced it with stuff like McCormick's "Perfect Pinch" Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper blend

Ever heard of it?

It lists "pepper salt" in the ingredients, so it isnt sodium-free, but it says "no msg" on the label, so i am hoping the product has the "Robin Seal of Approval"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Excellent!  I didn't realize anyone was listening.    http://www.heartwisefood.com/mcpepisaalsa.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Last Updated: 12:02 AM, March 26, 2012

Posted: 11:58 PM, March 25, 2012

“Extra” host Maria Menounos has a secret as she rehearses with dance partner Derek Hough for week two of “Dancing With the Stars.” Word on the show is Maria broke a rib during a hard-core rehearsal with Hough, who was teaching her the Cha-cha-cha. A source close to the “Extra” host says “she has been in excruciating pain for the past few weeks during rehearsals, but she is staying strong and working through it. She refuses to give up.” We’re told Menounos is even hiding a rib brace underneath her sexy gear. We also hear Maria has become close to Hough and the pair have been seen out for dinner and at a Lakers basketball game rooting for Maria’s favorite team, the Celtics.

Splashnews
    Maria Menounos

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/broken_bone_blues_ASwZ909yJlSDLxHafW3DMO#ixzz1qEAEQTL7

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That McCormicks blend has more sodium in it than the Afrian Smoke seasoning blend from Trader Joe's I posted (that I thought she'd enjoy because she eats a lot of salad and it's primo on that), and she promptly posted a photo of the nutrition label and derired my suggestion as being "too salty."  Interesting.  Anyway, I still highly recommend it especially now that we know it has an acceptable amount of sodium for the extra sodium conscious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

McCormick's Perfect Pinch Savory All-Purpose Seasoning  
    MCCORMICK - PERFECT PINCH - SAVORY - ALL-PURPOSE - SALT FREE - NO MSG - 2.3 OZ SHAKER   Clearly the better choice! Probably less expensive too!   I don't use any prepackaged seasonings!  Pepper, fresh herbs, parsley, lemon, garlic etc,  are usually enough imo.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's not the one Ache referred to which has 75 mg per serving.  But, regardless, that smokey stuff is delicious AND low in sodium and you had no reason to trash it.  

CLEARLY they are equivalent with respect to salt...they are all essentially SALT-FREE.  It's OK if Ache suggests it and BAD if I do.

Mccormick- - Perfect Pinch Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper

1. Servings:  1/4 tsp 1 tsp 1 container (29 1/2 tsp ea.)
    Calories0Sodium75 mg
    Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
    Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
    Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
    Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
    Trans0 gProtein0 g
    Cholesterol0 mg  
    Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
    Vitamin C0%Iron0%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Ache,  McCormick's Perfect Pinch Savory All-Purpose     contains No Sodium, this is the one I thought you meant, didn't realize  they have several to choose from (my bad), so you have to read the label carefully, some do have 0 sodium.    
    Actually, if you just get a high quality black pepper, fresh pepper that you grind yourself tastes great...that would be even better!   
    Sometimes these items have hidden ingredients,  that's why they taste so good!   And think about it, who uses just 1/4th of a teaspoon! So regardless of what the label says you're getting more sodium than you think (at least with the other two discussed) but still an improvement over the salt shaker!      http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Herbs-and-Spices/Blends/Perfect-Pinch.aspx?cmpid=ps-mc-rp55-gg-perfectpinch-Perfect%20Pinch_McCormick-%2Bmccormick's%20%2Bperfect%20%2Bpinch-mainlp  MCCORMICK - PERFECT PINCH - SAVORY - ALL-PURPOSE - SALT FREE - NO MSG - 2.3 OZ SHAKER

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party?:
    [QUOTE]Ache, this is unusual for a young woman, I wonder if  her dietary restrictions to stay slim maybe led to early osteoporosis?  Not uncommon among actress/model types.  Don't forget to watch DWTS tonight!     Last Updated: 12:02 AM, March 26, 2012 Posted: 11:58 PM, March 25, 2012 “Extra” host Maria Menounos has a secret as she rehearses with dance partner Derek Hough for week two of “Dancing With the Stars.” Word on the show is Maria broke a rib during a hard-core rehearsal with Hough, who was teaching her the Cha-cha-cha. A source close to the “Extra” host says “she has been in excruciating pain for the past few weeks during rehearsals, but she is staying strong and working through it. She refuses to give up.” We’re told Menounos is even hiding a rib brace underneath her sexy gear. We also hear Maria has become close to Hough and the pair have been seen out for dinner and at a Lakers basketball game rooting for Maria’s favorite team, the Celtics. Splashnews Maria Menounos Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/broken_bone_blues_ASwZ909yJlSDLxHafW3DMO#ixzz1qEAEQTL7
    Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE]

I hope she didnt break a rib. That must be excruciating for her with all the twists/turns she has to make while dancing. Easier to deal with than an ankle or knee injury, I suppose, but still very painful

As for her "dietary restrictions", if they are in fact the reason she has that fabulous body of hers, then I recommend to all young women across America that they start eating what MM is eating immediately

Premature osteoparosis be damned...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Kar:

I interpreted Robin's "Excellent" last week as a "thumbs up" for my decision to drop salt from my diet, not as an endorsement for the particular McCormick's I asked her about

In the same message, she posted a link to the non-sodium McCormick's which I assumed was the one she was trying to nudge me toward

And today she admitted to making a mistake...that she thought I was referring to the no-sodium Perfect Pinch

I believe her. I dont think she was saying one thing to you and another to me

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

African Smoke was suggested by that poster a few months ago, and I expressed no interest in it because I'm leery of hidden MSG  (it goes by a few different names) and I don't like Trader Joes,  too fancy and overpriced for me, in fact I wish there was a Market Basket near me! Building 19 and Job Lot are more my style! 

Oh, tell Maks,  William Levy has a girlfriend and two children, and the girlfriend is staying in LA with him while he does DWTS, so I don't know about his theory about him being gay.  Who knows!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Girlfriend and two kids, huh?

Okay. I doubt Senor Levy is gay then...

Max and his dumb rumors. I should have known better than to believe them

Love Max. He's a great pal of mine, but his jealousy of the other beefcake on the show is pretty outrageous

This isnt the first episode of it either...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, that might be true.  But, I suggested that smoky paprika (main ingredient) blend and she promptly googled the nutrition facts, posted them, and shot it down for the 70 mg of sodium it has per serving.  You, on the other hand, posted something about a spice blend and even said, "it isn't salt free," and did she run to google and disparage it immediately?  No.

I really don't care that much, although, I really did think she'd LIKE that TJs blend, and it hurt my feelings she went out of her way to try to make me feel bad for suggesting it.  I'm 40, 5 lbs from my ultimate weight goal (which is very slender, by the way), my bp is 110/60, and my resting heart rate is in the "fit" range.  I'd say I'm a pretty decent person to emulate in the kitchen as far as health and flavor goes if I do say so myself!  Try the TJs African Smoke Blend, Ache - it's seriously yummy, and a little does go a long way.  Very flavorful.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Well he looks lackluster next to him! William Levy is 31,  Maks is a little bit older, two or three years is like ten in that business!    DWTS 8p-10p tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm sure it's very good, Kar, but I have the same attitude toward Trader Joe's as Robin has

It is a little too froufrou for me:)

I will look into it though. I like smoky flavoring

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Lackluster?

Max??

I'm gonna pretend you didnt say that, Robin...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Ache, I'm going to go stick my head in the freezer for a few minutes...so I don't get a headache, maybe I'll take a swig of Pepto (the pink stuff) while I'm in there!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Okay, Robin

I cant believed you blasphemed Max like that, but I forgive you

Btw, you keep your Pepto Bismol in the freezer??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm admittedly a froufrou foodie.  I'm not proud of it, but I only spent more on groceries when I lived too close to a Whole Foods.  As it is I only spend a small fortune.  I cannot wait until our garden gets going; it balances out how much we spend the rest of the year...or so I tell myself.