Where's the party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Where's the party?

Yeah, Hope's remark def hurt poor Max, but I gotta say, when he wiggles his hips on the dance floor sometimes, he does look a little girly to me. He has very girlish hip action. Many of the male dancers on the show do tho

I agree about the cast. Not a lot there to root for or look forward to. And a bit too freak show for me as well. Whoever put that group together deserves to be fired

PS Are the girls picking on you again, Robin? Who in particular? When I find out, I promise you, heads will roll...

PPS The Office jumped-the-shark about a year and a half ago, so I'm not expecting too much from tonight's season opener. I still watch however out of loyalty. If you want to gain an appreciation for the show, I recommend watching the reruns on 38

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I think the women in that forum are more interested in "girl-coating" (ie, giving and receiving hugs/support/sympathy/validation) than they are in sharing useful information about their pets. So someone like you, who apparently doesnt follow the random rules of "proper behavior over there, is shut out or marginalized

Nice to see tt intervene with a sensible perspective though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, I know. They view your posting of links as a form of passive aggression and evidence that you have a pathological need to prove yourself right

Oh, and that you are holier-than-thou too lol

It's kind of funny the way they get so worked up about you

I like animals but prefer them at a distance, so I have no pets 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

Wildo, I'd have thought you'd at least have a pet tarantula. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, well, at least I dont steal little squirrel babies from their nest, take them into my home, treat them like domesticated pets, and give them dumb, French-sounding names like "Mouchette"

Stupidest thing you ever heard of...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I pictured Ache with a handsome, independent cat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, I picture this huge, fiercely independent cat who enjoys his time alone basking in the sun (which Ache provides for him by pulling up shades where it shines in) and sort of blinking his eyes in greeting when Ache turns the key in the lock at the end of the work day.  He'd be a good listener and the two of them would hang out, he washing up after his supper and perhaps a little milk, while Ache enjoys his evening drink.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I somehow picture this cat being Aches...

Click For More

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, Amber, so funny!

I'm thinking more the white Persian cat in the James Bond movies, the one who belonged to - whatever his name was - Blofeld?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

This could def be Ache and his kitty.. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, it could be - I think he has some hair tho, and probably wears a sport jacket, not suit, when necessary.  -  Won't he be flattered when he reads this thread later and thinks he has had all the ladies spending so much time imagining his off-board life?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Disappointment.  I'll have to change my imagined view of you, just as you of me and Helen Mirren.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Since you don't have one, and since if you did, I certainly wouldn't voice my opinion because it would be none of my business - fruitless to get into a discussion.   Let's just leave it that that particular choice doesn't fit into the cat category choice pocket I had you in - i.e. the Persian cat in the James Bond movies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Persialainen.jpg

You mean something like this? Looks like a frou-frou cat to me. I'm sure I'd fall in love with her if she was mine, but not even in my Top Ten. Sorry

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No need for apology.  Cheerio wasn't my first choice either, I was looking for a "pretty" cat.  But as everyone by now knows, she adopted me at the Animal Rescue League, and there couldn't have been a better match.  We're two old gals getting older together.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Now Cheerio I would go for

She is a little beefy IMO, but her reputation as a fierce mouse hunter is well known

Every house has mice. I could use her in mine

Please give her my best regards 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She is not beefy.  That's flab from where she had a litter before she was dropped off at the Animal Rescue League.  Just loose flab - not fat.

As for her mousing prowess, since I had my cellar cleared, she has her work cut out for her, has to wait on the stairs until she spots one, but she manages.  Trouble is, she brings them upstairs, usually the middle of the night, drops them, usually in my room, and then loses interest. I've thought of renting her out. I could teach you the old "drop the shoe box over it, slip a newspaper underneath and heave the mouse out the door" routine that one of my sons taught me after receiving numerous high pitched shrieks, "Help!  Cheerio's brought up a mouse!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Not beefy? Oh, come on, trumpet. I saw the picture of her sprawled out on your ironing board. It looks like she swallowed a big piece of memory foam. Either that, or she has the feline equivalent of a beer belly

Stop feeding her so much!

PS When she traps a mouse, she doesnt kill it? Hmmm. I'm surprised at that. And a little disappointed too

I wouldnt want her dropping a live mouse in my bedroom. Geesh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's all loose flesh, I tell you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ache, I agree with tt and the persian cat.  But I was thinking along the lines of this persian..  the persian you picked is way too safe.  I picture you with a cat that is a conversation piece.  Like this one....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Exactly, Amber!  Now that cat has character.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I don't think Cheerio is beefy.  My cat Boo has loose flesh too. If Cheerio and Boo ever "got together" this is their offspring. I posted a picture of Boo for you to see.  Loose flesh is heredity you know..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I picture you in a high rise apartment or condo too with everything Robin says.  Along with a pipe in your mouth and a persian cat.  Slim persian cat..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

The snifter of brandy is a perfect touch!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, no pipe.  No.  I pictured Ache in a place overlooking the Charles, but more like one of those brownstones.  An older place with character, not too big, certainly not fancy, but what I would call substantial.

OMG, Amber, you crack me up.  I love the indifference with which Boo barely tolerates the whole picture taking thing.

Love your description of yourself, DogLady.  Ache's got quite a harem of admirers - Goldie Hawn - Betty Davis in her young days - Helen Mirren - and who do you look like, Amber?

For all we know, Ache doesn't even live in this area.  He could be one of those posters from across the country, tho I certainly don't picture him as one of those California beach bums - too old for that now (him, that is).

P.S.  Join us on the Pet Fall pictures thread, DogLady and post a pic of your animal(s), won't you?