Where's the party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Where's the party?

I don't think like any of them.  Yobettyob seems to know him so well, we should let her tell us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Didn't notice the avatar tt, but you are correct.  Why would Yob bring up something  negative like that and not explain it?   Interesting you said "she" and I thought it was a "he"

In Response to Re: Where's the party?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : Your choice of avatar says differently.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think like any of them.  Yobettyob seems to know him so well, we should let her tell us.
    toy trump, I've never had the dubious pleasure of meeting the Achester in person but he is an old pal of my neighbor, Ophelia Washington, who says he looks somewhat like a cross between Mickey Rooney and Garrison Keilor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re Where's the party? : Jamaica Plain! Please tell me you just chose that at random. That's just too close for comfort. Besides, I've always imagined you living in Brookline. Near Larz Anderson Park. Aren't you the giftshop sales person at the Museum of Transportation!
    Posted by Yobettyob[/QUOTE]

Nothing random about it, you old bag. You and I are practically neighbors...much to my embarrassment. The real estate lady told me that close proximity to you reduces the value of my property by tens of thousands of dollars (perhaps hundreds of K). So please move

As for Larz Anderson - what a wonderful place to go for a happy little stroll! Especially on a day like today. Beautiful view of Boston at the top of the hill. In the winter there is sledding and skating. Lovely year round though. A unique urban oasis. One drawback: On the ballfield and pond areas are goose droppings like you would not believe. So watch your step, you old biddy. Larz Anderson is also famous for being the site of the Naked Car Wash event that Red and I put on several years ago. You wouldnt remember that, YOB, because your mind is too feeble at this point...

And now for a happy little poem:

There once was a squirrel, Mouchette
    The world's dumbest rodent? You bet!
    My "most fervent-est" wish
    Is to watch him go squish
    'Neath the wheels of a vintage Corvette...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

If that's so, it throws Dog Lady's list right out the window.  I choose to keep him faceless, living in a Boston Brownstone with his only companion a Persian cat.

ETA:  I saw your post as mine came up, Ache.  Not nice.  Don't go changing our opinion of you.  We have few really witty people on the boards, and would like to keep you around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet:

YOB and I have a history. Compared to the things we have said to each other in the past, my posting above is friendly and polite

I dont know what you are objecting to actually...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Not what you are saying to her, say away.  The squishing of the squirrel -

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The whole idea, Ache, the whole idea.

My Michelob Ultra is probably in about the same range as your Rolling Rock, DogLady, and was thoroughly delicious with the eggplant parm tonight.

Just to get you thinking of other things, will probably be making an apple/pear crisp over the weekend, using fruit I bought at Brooksby's today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

Clever ditty, Ache, I am no longer shocked by your anti-squirrel attitude. But you need to change "him" to "her". I would think even you might have enough rudimentary knowledge of French to know an "ette" ending is feminine. Your living right under my nose like this is very disturbing. Right now I am headed to Ciampi's Same Old Place for a slice to go. Please vacate the area if you are anywhere nearby. I think we are going to have to set up a system whereby we regularly text each other our whereabouts so as to avoid any physical contact. You can have Larz Anderson Park every third Tuesday. The goose droppings or dog pate, as some of us dog owners call it, never bothers me because I'm only ever there on my bike. It would certainly make my day, though, to see you slip on some and fall on your bony you know what. And I'd also like to know where you get off belittling my caring for wild critters when you yourself recently threw heart and soul into relocating a band of wayward turkeys.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, the turkeys - don't bring up the turkeys.  I'm sure that's a sore spot with Ache.  He was outdone by a real "Turkey Man" who rid our town of all the turkeys, and with no fanfare.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]This is a woodchuck?  Just passing through my yard today. Respect wildlife.
    Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE]

OMG!!! It's a rare spotted achenot!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And besides, DogLady has a soft spot for turkeys - thinks they're beautiful - -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Clever ditty, Ache, I am no longer shocked by your anti-squirrel attitude. But you need to change "him" to "her". I would think even you might have enough rudimentary knowledge of French to know an "ette" ending is feminine. Your living right under my nose like this is very disturbing. Right now I am headed to Ciampi's Same Old Place for a slice to go. Please vacate the area if you are anywhere nearby. I think we are going to have to set up a system whereby we regularly text each other our whereabouts so as to avoid any physical contact. You can have Larz Anderson Park every third Tuesday. The goose droppings or dog pate, as some of us dog owners call it, never bothers me because I'm only ever there on my bike. It would certainly make my day, though, to see you slip on some and fall on your bony you know what. And I'd also like to know where you get off belittling my caring for wild critters when you yourself recently threw heart and soul into relocating a band of wayward turkeys.

YOB, I went to war against those turkeys. Operation Obliteration. Ever heard of it? Hello?

There was never any emotional/sentimental attachment between me and those dumb birds like there was between you and Mouchette et al. Quite the opposite actually. So please do not compare your ituation to mine, okay? In fact as a rule of thumb, never compare yourself to me ever. You do it a lot, and I am insulted every time. For obvious reasons. So please stop

Look forward to perhaps meeting you at Larz Anderson someday. If I see a woman who looks like Gwynniff Palfrow's grandmother, riding a beat up, 50 yr old Schwinn, I'll know it's you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

I am no NG fan, but she danced well last week and deserved being voted through

Will root for her on Monday, because I want "that other one" (aka Chaztitty Bono) voted off

Cant dance/Disturbing to look at/Grossly overweight/Hyper-bland personality/Dullest tra nny on the planet/Exactly zero star quality 

Other than that she's a real blast

PS Max sends a "Hi, baby"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, I noticed Max was looking leaner than usual this season. I'm glad he took your advice  and is leading a healthier, more sensible lifestyle now, but would you please give him your blessing to eat a cheeseburger or two every once in a while? He is a little too skinny at the moment IMO

Sincerely,
    Your good friend, WildO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]And besides, DogLady has a soft spot for turkeys - thinks they're beautiful - -

I have a soft spot for turkeys too. Perhaps that explains my thoroughly unwarranted fondness for Ache.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : A long time ago on this board I defended Alex Atkind to a guy who didnt realize I was joking. Had him going for a good long while too Even YOB, who knows I like to kid around, thought I was being serious that day, so it was pretty funny
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]
    Don't flatter yourself, Thursby. Of course I knew you were kidding. I still found it objectional, though not surprising, that you would make fun of such an objectional subject. I really wish you hadn't brought it up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : Don't flatter yourself, Thursby. Of course I knew you were kidding. I still found it objectional, though not surprising, that you would make fun of such an objectional subject. I really wish you hadn't brought it up.

You were the one who brought him up, you old bat. Not me

I didnt even know who Alex Atkind was at first when you mentioned him last week. Had to stop and think

What are you blaming me for?

And dont call me Thursby. Everytime you do, you sound like reindeerplank...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : I have a soft spot for turkeys too. Perhaps that explains my thoroughly unwarranted fondness for Ache.

Oh, please

Over the years, Ive given you ten thousand reasons to love/admire me

So your fondness is totally warranted, and you know it...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : You were the one who brought him up, you old bat. Not me I didnt even know who Alex Atkind was at first when you mentioned him last week. Had to stop and think What are you blaming me for? And dont call me Thursby. Everytime you do, you sound like reindeerplank...
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Thursby, you posted about him first. Then you deleted your post. A typical Thursbian tactic. It's all in the d files,,,,,,, Thursby.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : Thursby, you posted about him first. Then you deleted your post. A typical Thursbian tactic. It's all in the d files,,,,,,, Thursby.

Oh Thursby ..... er um Ache .... I was blaming you to get your goat, you old goat. I see that I fooled you once again into thinking I was serious. Maybe I'm too subtle for you? Next time I'm being facetious I'll try to remember to give you a heads up. I hate to see you slipping like this. Maybe your blood sugar is low? Have a Cheez-it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : Thursby, you posted about him first. Then you deleted your post. A typical Thursbian tactic. It's all in the d files,,,,,,, Thursby.

Oh Thursby ..... er um Ache .... I was blaming you to get your goat, you old goat. I see that I fooled you once again into thinking I was serious. Maybe I'm too subtle for you? Next time I'm being facetious I'll try to remember to give you a heads up. I hate to see you slipping like this. Maybe your blood sugar is low? Have a Cheez-it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, he should have a whoopie pie.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Everyone could use a whoopie pie or even a handful of cheez-its.  Anything in moderation is totally healthy.  To deny yourself any treats is quite rigid IMO.  I am not fat but def don't think I weigh the same as when I was 15 but not really sure since I don't remember my weight from that age.  Amazing you do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I will be sure to thank God in my prayers tonight that I never get migraines so I can continue to enjoy a whoopie pie : )

Sections
Shortcuts