Where's the party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Where's the party?

That makes me crave our second season of salad stuff (Spring and Fall) currently growing (I hope).  We've had two frosts, but DH doesn't seem worried, and he's the gardener so I guess it's fine.

Dog-lady, have you tried this Trader Joe's smokey spice blend?  If you add just a couple of twists to almost any dressing it turns it into a delicious smoked version.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party?:
    [QUOTE]Robin: Either one is fine. Ache or Wildo. I have no preference. You can even call me Thursby if you want to Yeah, I did notice the girls turning on you yesterday For a second there I thought I was in the Pets forum... ----------------------------------------------- YOB: My affection for you is akin to that of a younger brother's affection for his much older sister. Approximate age difference: Ummm, I hadnt even been conceived yet while you were already tramping your way through ollege. Now please promise me you will wear your helmet, okay? Lurve, Wildo...
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Brother Ache, your fantasies about having a familial relationship with me reveal just how compelling your incestuous fascination with me has become. You've got the age difference backwards though, brohamma. While I may be ever so slightly past my bloom, you, however, were already a sophomore at Emerson College back when Emerson was still in his cradle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is Ache really that old?  Hard to tell his age - some posts sound quite "normal" for a mid-aged guy, and others, I swear he's a kid in his early 20's.  Then, there are others where I wonder if he's a DOM - - -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]I should have realized your ego would interpret my post as you did, Turkey Man.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

He's quite the peacock sometimes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]Is Ache really that old?  Hard to tell his age - some posts sound quite "normal" for a mid-aged guy, and others, I swear he's a kid in his early 20's.  Then, there are others where I wonder if he's a DOM - - -

The only thing youthful about Thursby is that he is well into his second childhood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Interesting.  We can talk about him as tho he's not here, because he's not - he is funny and does crack a lot of us on the other threads up.  Then, all of a sudden he sort of slips over the line - 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE] Then, there are others where I wonder if he's a DOM - - -

When have I ever given that impression?

Except for my PG-rated post from the other day, requesting whoopie pies served to me from your fingers, Ive been very careful what I say around the forum ladies. Ive never gotten lewd with you broads ever. And I do mean never. Not because I'm a gentleman, but because I didnt want to give any of you a reason to have me banned again. Not that you needed one in those days. Bannings happened for no reason at all

What a ridiculous state of affairs it was back then *shaking head*

So whether you are being facetious here or not, trumpet, you def owe me, Wildo, an apology

(In lieu of an apology however, I will accept six whoopie pies as fair payment for your offense)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : Brother Ache, your fantasies about having a familial relationship with me reveal just how compelling your incestuous fascination with me has become. You've got the age difference backwards though, brohamma. While I may be ever so slightly past my bloom, you, however, were already a sophomore at Emerson College back when Emerson was still in his cradle.
    Posted by Yobettyob[/QUOTE]

Waldo and Wildo will be appearing at Brook Farm, West Roxbury for a Transcendentalist Revival meeting on Tuesday. Youre welcome to attend, YOB. Location, right off the Vets Parkway

Wear your helmet so I know it's you...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The whoopie pies are all gone, Ache.  Methinks it might have been someone sneaking in in the middle of the night, someone who claims to abhor the guilty pleasure of sweets -

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It was a good faith suggestion to try something I thought you'd enjoy - my DH and I enjoy it a lot on salad, in particular, and think it brings out the best in the lettuce and veggies.  Just a tiny bit adds a lot of smoky flavor despite the gov't not assigning a "recommended amount" of Smoky Goodness we should have per day. ;) 

They also sell plain ground smoked paprika (one of the main ingredients in the grinder blend), too, but that has a little bit of bitterness that I didn't care for as much.  But, it's a good salt-free alternative if you're into adding that little smokey touch to the dressing like we enjoy but don't want any extra salt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Didn't know about mental institutions, but seeing as we have law enforcement people in our family, I did know about prisons - - that was one of the scenarios we tossed around too, seeing as he seemed so knowledgeable about Ken (if that was true - who knows).  However, I don't think his wit and sense of humor would have stayed in tact if he were locked up.

If you're reading this, Ache, have since decided it was a bit of mass hysteria.  You were an alien being to us, open to all sorts of fantasy lives.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You lost me on those two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Oh,  I just meant in general ... not Ache!  I see Ache as a very intelligent high functioning productive member of society.
    Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE]

-----and he paid you how much to say that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's the party? : -----and he paid you how much to say that?

6 whoopie pies.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet, just to make sure we're on the same page here...when you said "DOM" yesterday, you meant "dirty old man", didnt you?

reindeerplank thought you meant something else. I'm not even going to bother trying to explain

She is a birdbrain though. Have you noticed?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Is there another meaning?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

She thought you meant DOMINANT, as opposed to a SUBMISSIVE

Sexual/psychological role playing

Plank sees the world in dom/sub terms...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Maybe I shouldn't be posting down here.  I wondered why she and Dog were so surprised that I knew what DOM meant.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You get stranger and stranger, DogLady, or whatever your name is.

ETA:  and I see you're back to deleting - you referred to yourself as a "broad", (now deleted) which makes me wonder.  I don't know any women who refer to themselves with that term.

ETA2:  Are we dealing with sock puppets?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Like I said, "stranger and stranger".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

What is so strange, tt?

When Robin posted "What kind of broad do you think I am", she was being facetious, I'm sure

She edited it out, but so what? I edit all the time. Nothing strange about that

Maybe she just had second thoughts about including it. And do you blame her? Look at your reaction to her use of the term "broad". In hindsight, no wonder she edited it out.

I'm a little surprised at you right now, trumpet. Seriously

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

By the way, what kind of a broad do I think Robin is?

A great one! That's what

Go, Robin!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Hi, Robin

Breaking news: toytrumpet thinks youre my sock puppet. Apparently because you used/deleted the term "broad" last night. Not sure if it was the use or the deletion that set her off, but "broad" was the likely damning piece of evidence. How ####'d up is that?

It is starting to feel like three years ago again around here all of a sudden...

Rob has been surprisingly good the past two weeks. I wanted to hate him Week 1, because I thought he was a jerk. But he has kinda won me over. I find myself pulling for him

Poor Max. His jeans were too tight on him last night. Did you notice? He had to do some major adjusting just prior to performing

Looks like Rikki is the one to beat now. I think Chynna may be in trouble tonight. I'm sure "the other one" is safe for another week

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Ache.  Stop making up scenarios for why people choose to stop posting on The Commoners.  I don't care what words dog uses to describe herself.  That had nothing to do with it, it was that her initial post before deletion just sounded like YOU and the way you say things.  Then when she deleted it, I thought, Aha, wonder if Ache is using two or more noms and was afraid that would give it away. You've been guilty of sock puppets before  - nothing wrong with that, I just would rather know who I'm kabitzing with, and I do enjoy Ache's wit.  Furthermore, you must admit the DOM was way over my head.  I thought I had made that initialling up!  Imagine what further trouble I could have gotten into if I kept on - I do thank you for defining what the different meaning was.  And now I will again retreat to my C.C. and other like threads - where I can get into no trouble.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet:

If Robin had posted, "What kind of a woman do you think I am", would that have reminded you of me? No. It was her use of the term "broad" that did, which she probably used by the way to mock/echo my own usage. For the fun of it. Ever think of that?

And I have never used a sock puppet. Not once. Never

It pisses me off that you say I did. I abhor sock puppets

Do you even know what one is?