Where's the party?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Where's the party?

Hi, Robin

I missed two performances (Rikki and David) last night but saw everything else

I fear poor Hope is in serious jeopardy tonight. The judges trashed her pretty good (unfairly IMO), and Max did her no favors with his display of temper

He was right about one thing though: It is his show. They should rename it The Max hermkovskiy I'm Too Sexy for this Ballroom/It's All About Me Dancing Spectacular

Hope may benefit from sympathy voters who, like me, thought the judges were a little too tough on her. If so, she may be safe. But I'm not feeling it right now

Katie Couric, huh? Meh...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, the sweaty little Ewok/Penguin has finally been eliminated

Was wondering when she would give her speech about how she did DWTS not for herself, but for every gender-confused teen out there. She squeezed it in at the end. Great

Peace out, Chaz-TittyBono

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, Max does make a good point. Young Derek Hough (YDH) has had more than his fair share of quality partners on the show. In addition to the three Max named, YDH also partnered with Brooke Burke as well

No surprise he has won three times

But Max probably should tone it down a bit. I will text him. He always listens to me...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Max is a handsome man, but in Hollywood he will be just another pretty face.

DWTS is the best gig he has ever had, and I suspect the best gig he will ever have too

The odds of him making it big as a movie actor are very slim

My advice: Dont quit the day job, Max...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache, I agree with on some of your points. However, I do believe YDH is the best male dancer on the show. Thus he wins the prices. Did you see the performance, he did as an in-between entertainment on a Tuesday night. He was awesome!
    Max has some good points in his complaints. I think he is a great dancer too. But what are you going to do with a sack-doll? No, I don't refer to his latest partner. They are doing a great job too. I don't know how they pair them off. Maybe someone should look into that. And maybe they should get a new crew of professional dancers, if the show has to go on.
    Anyway, I am sure they are paid handsomely and it is good entertainment for us. Much better that all those ugly crime shows, that make you depressed. - Pingo

In Response to Re: Where's the party?:
    Well, Max does make a good point. Young Derek Hough (YDH) has had more than his fair share of quality partners on the show. In addition to the three Max named, YDH also partnered with Brooke Burke as well No surprise he has won three times But Max probably should tone it down a bit. I will text him. He always listens to me...
    Posted by AcheNot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"although it's nice to see someone in Pets other than the small gang that does nothing but offer negative comments about my comments!   Sad.  "

Have you noticed that that "small group" is growing, and that it might, just might have something to do with advice you give that defies common sense?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Excuse me,  are you lost?  This is The Commoners  a harassment free zone.  Do I need to call security?    And to answer your question.... No, same small gang as always.
    Posted by dog-lady

No, before I was not part of that group, add me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ache, I agree with on some of your points. However, I do believe YDH is the best male dancer on the show. Thus he wins the prices. Did you see the performance, he did as an in-between entertainment on a Tuesday night. He was awesome! Max has some good points in his complaints. I think he is a great dancer too. But what are you going to do with a sack-doll? No, I don't refer to his latest partner. They are doing a great job too. I don't know how they pair them off. Maybe someone should look into that. And maybe they should get a new crew of professional dancers, if the show has to go on. Anyway, I am sure they are paid handsomely and it is good entertainment for us. Much better that all those ugly crime shows, that make you depressed. - Pingo In Response to Re: Where's the party? :
    Posted by pingo

Hi, pingo

I agree that YDH is the best male dancer on the show. The most athletic and dynamic too. It makes no difference to me that he is paired every season with the best female celeb dancer. Nothing is at stake here. It's just entertainment

But poor Max, who has never won the Mirror Ball Trophy and has a huge ego, is probably a little jealous of Hough at this point and maybe a little angry too, epecially after YDH sided with the judges and against max, as apparently what happened this week

Nice to see you in this section of the board. Youre always welcome. Hope youll join us here in June for RoyGBiv Appreciation Day !V, which in case you havent heard is like Xmas and New Years all rolled into one for us Biv fanatics. (You know what a Biv fanati is, right?)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party? : They seem more like a mob or a clique to me Buncha Robin Haters
    Posted by AcheNot

How about a group of people who have some common sense!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

This is The Commoners  a harassment free zone. 

How long do you intend to Occupy Commoners, Robin?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

If you guys are going to persist in discussing TV shows could you at least give me your opinions on James Spader's performance on The Office? I keep meaning to watch it cuz I love James Spader and I love the show. Thanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

If you guys are going to persist in discussing TV shows could you at least give me your opinions on James Spader's performance on The Office? I keep meaning to watch it cuz I love James Spader and I love the show. Thanks.
    Posted by Yobettyob

The show has been pretty unfunny for a few years now. It's a sunken ship at this point IMO. If Spader was brought in to lift it up, he is failing. So my recommendation to you is dont even bother

Spader isnt the problem. He's okay. If you are a fan of his already, you may find him amusing in the new role. But The Office itself doesnt work anymore. It's no longer any good

PS Are you really a fan of The Office, YOB, or are you just trying to seduce me again?? Or is it William you are after this time?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I watched DWTS last night. And I believe you are right. Nancy will be out tonight; I am surprised she stayed this long. She didn't do well last night. I feel bad for Tristan; he is a good dancer, but had a difficult partner to work with - even though she tried hard. I didn't watch from the beginning and I am still wondering, how they pair them up. Do you know?
    They cannot let DH win the 3rd time, and I  don't think there is hope for Hope and Maks with JR being the judges favorite. JR did well last night, but IMO not so much better than Rob, Maks and DH, that he deserved so many 10s - especially in his instant dance. Oh well, it is just a show - Pingo

Len was nice to everyone last night except Nancy!   She'll probably be going tonight as Len predicted.  I'm still pulling for Hope and Maks,  enjoyed seeing him at his parents home with the bulldog and all!  However it's obvious Jr and Karina are going to win this thing.
    Posted by dog-lady

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party? : The show has been pretty unfunny for a few years now. It's a sunken ship at this point IMO. If Spader was brought in to lift it up, he is failing. So my recommendation to you is dont even bother Spader isnt the problem. He's okay. If you are a fan of his already, you may find him amusing in the new role. But The Office itself doesnt work anymore. It's no longer any good PS Are you really a fan of The Office, YOB, or are you just trying to seduce me again?? Or is it William you are after this time?
    Posted by AcheNot

Don't you read my posts?!!!  I'm not after William. I already have him!! He's been with me for about 2 weeks now ever since I found him running loose around Jamaica Pond. If you have some other dog with you now, better take a closer look. It's an imposter, or a sock puppet, or something.

William says not to drink up all the Mountain Dew. Save him some, in case he decides to go home.

I have been a fan of The Office since way back when it was a British show. That doesn't mean I watch it obsessively the way you do with your shows. I've probably seen in total 15 episodes and most of them as reruns.
    I did catch about 10 minutes of last week's show though as I was flipping through channels and caught a brief glimpse of James Spader. I stayed tuned hoping he's be back on again but he wasn't. From what I saw, the show as not that funny, so you might be right. Some individual characters were humorous but the group dynamic wasn't there. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party? : Don't you read my posts?!!!  I'm not after William. I already have him!! He's been with me for about 2 weeks now ever since I found him running loose around Jamaica Pond. If you have some other dog with you now, better take a closer look. It's an imposter, or a sock puppet, or something. William says not to drink up all the Mountain Dew. Save him some, in case he decides to go home. I have been a fan of The Office since way back when it was a British show. That doesn't mean I watch it obsessively the way you do with your shows. I've probably seen in total 15 episodes and most of them as reruns. I did catch about 10 minutes of last week's show though as I was flipping through channels and caught a brief glimpse of James Spader. I stayed tuned hoping he's be back on again but he wasn't. From what I saw, the show as not that funny, so you might be right. Some individual characters were humorous but the group dynamic wasn't there. 
    Posted by Yobettyob

You may think you have William, YOB, but you dont. The real William is here safe with me, shielded from your evilness

When we go out for our walks together, he is often unleashed but never separated from me by more than a few feet, so there is exactly zero chance that you ever got/ever will get your hands on him. And even if you did, youd regret it, because I have trained William to be on the alert for and to defend himself against despicable OBs like you

He may only weight 6 pounds, but he is fearless. You dont want to mess with William, YOB. He will bite your face off

Which in your case might actually enhance your appearance...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yes,  Karina is beautiful,  she is also two years older than Maks ... maybe that was the problem, you know how some guys are when they're looking for an excuse not to commit!
    Posted by dog-lady

Now she is engaged to Brad Penny who used to pitch for the Red Sox and is a big fatso. What does she see in him, I wonder?

Even I'm better looking than he is...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Money - that's what she see in him. LOL
    - Pingo

In Response to Re: Where's the party? : Now she is engaged to Brad Penny who used to pitch for the Red Sox and is a big fatso. What does she see in him, I wonder? Even I'm better looking than he is...
    Posted by AcheNot

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache,
    On another note - why I actually came down here to the Commoners in the first place - have you heard anything from Ken? I have been looking for him - but have not found any posts from him lately.
    My son is gong to Flagstaff in a few weeks, and I fondly remembered Ken.  - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: Where's the party? : I don't get it!  She's Ukrainian just like Maks...too bad they couldn't make it work.  She has her own successful career and money... her wedding to Brad is on hold now anyway due to their schedules,  so maybe they'll take the time to think about it.                  PS: I find it offensive that anyone would accuse a woman of her stature of being interested in a man just because of his wealth. 
    Posted by dog-lady

Karina isnt just marrying Brad for his money, and Brad isnt just marrying Karina for her good looks/hot bod

Very cynical to think otherwise

Even if Brad earned the yearly salary of a shoe salesman...and even if Karina had the physical appeal of a Rhea Pearlman, they would both still desire each other just as much, probably get married, and live happily ever after

Right, Robin?:)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Dont worry, Robin. I'll remember to vote

Hope and Max/I have their backs!

Turkey show looks great! I hope pingo watches. You should post the link in one of the turkey threads

PS Not sure if you know this, but the Patriots play next Monday night. The game is being televised on Channel 5. That mean that the DWTS finale will be pre-empted by football

Hope that doesnt bum you out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I feel just like the guy on the picture. No, I am not going to watch the documentary - I have enough turkey to deal with in my back yard. Even though, I haven't seen them for a while. Unless someone "took care" of them, I know they will be back in force. - Pingo

This looks like a nice educational story  November 16   8pm  channel 2                             NOV. 14-20, 2011 | SUBSCRIBE | TV SCHEDULES | RADIO SCHEDULES                                                                                       My Life as a Turkey Writer and naturalist Joe Hutto raised wild turkey hatchlings to adulthood. Saying goodbye was harder than he ever imagined. Nature presents a film based on this remarkable true story on Wednesday, Nov. 16, at 8pm on WGBH 2. Watch a preview .
    Posted by dog-lady

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No, it doesn't look good for Hope. Also, JR did poorly, maybe due to his twisted foot. I still think Derek and Rikki are the best pair of them all - but I am sure they will not let him win again. I like Hope and Maks - they are handsome together, but Hope is not the best dancer IMO. Will be interesting tonight - Pingo

I thought she danced well tonight, but three 7's the first dance and three 8's the second dance (mediocre scores at this stage) isnt good enough Then the judges stick her with bottom score for the Cha Cha thing Not lookin' too good for poor Hope right now
    Posted by AcheNot

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

No, it doesn't look good for Hope. Also, JR did poorly, maybe due to his twisted foot. I still think Derek and Rikki are the best pair of them all - but I am sure they will not let him win again. I like Hope and Maks - they are handsome together, but Hope is not the best dancer IMO. Will be interesting tonight - Pingo In Response to Re: Where's the party? :
    Posted by pingo

YDH presents his partner better than any of the other pro dancers present theirs IMO

If JR shows up next week with a balky ankle again and dances like he did last night, he will lose. Rikki will win

Tonight, I fear, Hope gets the boot (no soccer pun intended)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin and Ache,
    Sorry your pair didn't make it. I am a bit surprised myself. JR didn't do well Monday, but I believe he has the judges blessings. Next week should be quite interesting. IMO - they will let Rob win - Derek and his partner are a lot better, but they will not let him win again.
    So here it goes: 1) Rob, 2) Rikki, 3) JR. What's your predictions?
    - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

If his ankle heals, and he is able to push off it like he needs to, JR will win

Otherwise, I go with Rikki

I like it that you picked Rob though, pingo. He's the longest shot on the board, and it would be a huge upset if he won,  but he's been pretty impressive the last several weeks

Maybe he will get lucky and pull it off. Who knows?

Sections
Shortcuts